Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by Lorabell »

NZTwilighter wrote: also re Solomon in Twilight he didnt get introduced as Sam so from the audiences POV it could be anyone in Jakes tribe, of course those of us who have read the series know that was Sams line, however for the sake of the movie, does it matter if he gets re-cast? those who havent read twilight will never know and those who have would just have to accept it.

I think they should keep Solomon as Sam but yea just pointing out he wasnt introduced in the movie so they could get away with it.

Sorry hope i havent stepped on any toes :?
I think technically he was credited as "Sam" but as long as he's not totally shafted I'd be thrilled - I think he'd make a great Quil and can just imagine him playing on the beach with Claire in Eclipse.

Either way, I've been trying to build some support and love for Solomon - http://www.teamsolomon.weebly.com - please join in and pass along!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

NZTwilighter wrote: also re Solomon in Twilight he didnt get introduced as Sam so from the audiences POV it could be anyone in Jakes tribe, of course those of us who have read the series know that was Sams line, however for the sake of the movie, does it matter if he gets re-cast? those who havent read twilight will never know and those who have would just have to accept it.

I think they should keep Solomon as Sam but yea just pointing out he wasnt introduced in the movie so they could get away with it.

Sorry hope i havent stepped on any toes :?
I totally understand where you're coming from. Yeah, it's true he wasn't introduced as Sam. But I'm sure people who haven't read the book has seen the youtube videos that Lex posted interviewing the wolf pack. So right there, they introduced Solomon as Sam and Krys as Embry.

I really do hope they stay and reprise their roles of Sam & Embry!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

DumBumm wrote:
edward'sstupidlamb wrote:Ok well I'm kinds off topic here... But I'd like annasophia as jane she's the only actress I can see with a different part in more than one movie. And you guys who didn't like how some of the other actors were prodakota, well what else are they gonna say? "Oh Im not a huge dakota fan" then suddenly they'll be dakota haters and they think she's a terrible actress. The media really doesn't leave them with much options. Maybe they do like her I'm just sayin. But on topic... Solman is so dedicated they can't get rid of him!
I still wanna be jane LOL :D
;) sorry i don't understand

As for Solomon, they cant change actors, this is so stupid, Chris really likes to change alot of actors for the movie!! :evil:
I'M TEAM SOLOMON FOR NEW MOON!!!

Yea sorry that was a little unclear mybad :oops: What I'm saying (is this what you mean?) is alot of people earlier were saying that they don't like how peter kellan and ashley are on " team Dakota." so I'm saying that of course they're going to say that! If they don't you know all those reporter people will twist their words around and make them seem really rude and obnoxious. Remember with the whole kristen saying bad stuff about the fans, but the reporter guy just twisted her word around? I'm pretty sure nobody wants that to happen to them. But who knows? Maybe they really do like her, it's just a theory.
As for me Im just not seeing her as jane. She's a great actress but I don't know... if she got I though it wouldn't be the end of the world I bet she'd do pretty well. I probobly sad cause I really want to be jane, sigh LOL I'll be Maggie in bd =).
And as for Solmon he needs to stay!
Image Image
bunnykisses
Settled in Forks

Post by bunnykisses »

hmm.. I'm kind of torn with the idea of replacing the original embry characters. I really like krys and solomon but... They didn't really leave that much impact in Twilight to even matter.

In Xmen, kitty pride was portrayed by two actresses before ellen page landed it.
In harry potter pansy the slytherin girl was played by two actresses before this girl who is taking over for the last potter movie.

Point is, it happens all the time. Even to good actors. Its life, its the business.

Let us trust they will find us a better sam to replace solomon. I'm sure hell grow on us. :)
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

^^^they replaced pansy in hp?! Wow I was a big hp fan for a long time and I didn't relize that. Huh well yea I guess it would be possible to replace Sam and embry :( to bad I really like them but if they do a good job well who knows :)
Image Image
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

bunnykisses wrote:hmm.. I'm kind of torn with the idea of replacing the original embry characters. I really like krys and solomon but... They didn't really leave that much impact in Twilight to even matter.

In Xmen, kitty pride was portrayed by two actresses before ellen page landed it.
In harry potter pansy the slytherin girl was played by two actresses before this girl who is taking over for the last potter movie.

Point is, it happens all the time. Even to good actors. Its life, its the business.

Let us trust they will find us a better sam to replace solomon. I'm sure hell grow on us. :)
Love your optimism and all, but COME ON!!! I ♥ed Solomon and if he's already cut his hair...It's ridiculous. Chris is really making me mad. Maybe Chris and Cathrine should've co-directed it. Make people happy. ugh.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

edward'sstupidlamb wrote:
DumBumm wrote:
edward'sstupidlamb wrote:Ok well I'm kinds off topic here... But I'd like annasophia as jane she's the only actress I can see with a different part in more than one movie. And you guys who didn't like how some of the other actors were prodakota, well what else are they gonna say? "Oh Im not a huge dakota fan" then suddenly they'll be dakota haters and they think she's a terrible actress. The media really doesn't leave them with much options. Maybe they do like her I'm just sayin. But on topic... Solman is so dedicated they can't get rid of him!
I still wanna be jane LOL :D
;) sorry i don't understand

As for Solomon, they cant change actors, this is so stupid, Chris really likes to change alot of actors for the movie!! :evil:
I'M TEAM SOLOMON FOR NEW MOON!!!

Yea sorry that was a little unclear mybad :oops: What I'm saying (is this what you mean?) is alot of people earlier were saying that they don't like how peter kellan and ashley are on " team Dakota." so I'm saying that of course they're going to say that! If they don't you know all those reporter people will twist their words around and make them seem really rude and obnoxious. Remember with the whole kristen saying bad stuff about the fans, but the reporter guy just twisted her word around? I'm pretty sure nobody wants that to happen to them. But who knows? Maybe they really do like her, it's just a theory.
As for me Im just not seeing her as jane. She's a great actress but I don't know... if she got I though it wouldn't be the end of the world I bet she'd do pretty well. I probobly sad cause I really want to be jane, sigh LOL I'll be Maggie in bd =).
And as for Solmon he needs to stay!

Oh, i get were your coming from, and i agree, they have to watch what they say, if i were in there shoes i'd say the same thing.
But i wouldn't lie, i think Dakota is one great actress, shes so beautiful, but like you said i don't see her as jane, but that doesn't mean i don't like her, i think shes great.
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

xblgirl wrote:
bunnykisses wrote:hmm.. I'm kind of torn with the idea of replacing the original embry characters. I really like krys and solomon but... They didn't really leave that much impact in Twilight to even matter.

Love your optimism and all, but COME ON!!! I ♥ed Solomon and if he's already cut his hair...It's ridiculous. Chris is really making me mad. Maybe Chris and Cathrine should've co-directed it. Make people happy. ugh.
How do you know he cut his hair?? I heard there were rumors saying he cut his hair and gained 17lbs of muscle for the role of Sam...
Can someone link the article or a picture???
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

Sorry guys, i know this is really off topic, but Jodelle haters, have been saying alot of inappropriate things about her on the petition (Jodelle ferland for jane in new moon) these are some of the things they have said, and i Quote...
"DIE JODELLE FERLAND !!!!!!!!!! DIE JODELLE FERLAND !!!!!!!!!!"

"lets see if jodelle ferland still will favor admins if disrespected fans will try someday to stab her to death and play with her dead body around".

"Jodelle i never thought that you will becoming this mean way, thats extremely disappointing. If you don't respect your fans, the fans will not respect you. Do not abuse your actress status to think that you are "something special"
This is in No Way True, she has been for the past year under close doors spending time with her family and friends, Jodelle respects her fans, She tries to keep on top of her fan mail and is kind and welcoming and even interactive.

If you look at the petition you will know what I mean.
Highly disrespectful, and also rude.

And this is from her site, who also said that Jodelle knows.
I assure you Jodelle and her family are aware of these comments and if this continues someone will be dealt with. Jodelle wants to tell everyone, just not to believe these comments she is hurt by what has been said but please do not stoop to a level where you yourselves end up posting inappropriate messages involving Jodelle.
Just thought i'd like to share...
Sorry again.
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

xblgirl wrote:Love your optimism and all, but COME ON!!! I ♥ed Solomon and if he's already cut his hair...It's ridiculous. Chris is really making me mad. Maybe Chris and Cathrine should've co-directed it. Make people happy. ugh.
THANK you! I *heart* Solomon and would be so sad if he was shafted for a more "money making" name - like we need any more of that - ugh!
I can't remember where I heard he cut his hair and gained muscle - does anyone remember?!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com