What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by Jadey » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:25 am

Basically all of the songs on Paramores 1st album would fit the movie.
With Riot!, not so much.

:( I understand why they don't wanna be in it.
If only they could've done New Moon, and not Twilight.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart

twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:51 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:Am i the only one that's happy Paramore is NOT on the New Moon soundtrack? I think Weitz knows well enough about cinema to understand that an amazing soundtrack is best when it features a combination of (sort of) well known Alternative Bands and Indie artists. Look at the soundtrack for Garden State, which won Zach Braff the Grammy for best music compilation for a movie. Putting people like Paramore, Kelly Clarkson (which has been suggested on this thread :? ), and even Linkin Park makes the soundtrack lose its merit and it takes away from the tone of the film. Sure, I agree that there are some songs with lyrics that are PERFECT for certain scenes, but in reality it's all about the instrumentals, and if the soundtrack is REALLY good, then some songs may not be LYRICALLY compatible but if you listen closely you'll see the irony of choosing that song. Good songs for movies aren't blatantly OBVIOUS, they work. I agree, "My Immortal" by Evanescence is perfect for the cliff diving scene, but let's hope the film makers don't make that cliche decision. :)
Um, for one, Kelly Clarkson on a Twilight film? Really? EW.
Two, Paramore is NOT a bad band, a little mainstream, but their music fit in Twilight where it did.
Three, I don't think Evanescence is any less mainstream and commercial than Kelly Clarkson, and Paramore is, if we are going in that direction.
Imho. :?
ImageImage
E<3B

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:59 pm

^^Kelly Clarkson said she would want to a song for NM.
It just bugs me that now after Twilight was such a hit all of these people proclaim to be huge fans and they want to be apart of NM because they love the books and blah blah blah. If they really loved the books, then they'd do what Paramore (or, well, Hayley Williams) did and fight to be on the Twilight soundtrack because they actually love the story and not the fame.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com

sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:54 pm

^^ Amen. :lol:
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!

Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:09 pm

i found perfect bella's lullaby it' called amy's lullaby II by Mars Lasar, i couldn't find it on youtube but here's the link with were you can listen to it's sample
http://ligamusic.com/Lyrics/5557/Mars_L ... by_II/mp3/
first time i heard it i immediately thought of bella's lullaby :)
hope you like it :)
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

terrijo8
Settled in Forks

Post by terrijo8 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Definitely "Run" - the Leona Lewis single version. Dramatically beautiful, yet sad at the same time. Would fit perfectly following the breakup scene in the woods. If you haven't heard this version, definitely check it out.

Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:03 pm

sorry for double posting :oops:
i came across a compilation called Funeral Dirge - Songs for Mourning Bella Swan, it has really great songs on it from different authors but i don't seem to find more informations about it :? anyone know anything about it...
there's great song called Army of Lovers Cannot Fail by Lovers and i think it's great song for Jacob but in Eclipse :)
anyway if anyone knows more about it please share :)
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:09 pm

debussygirl wrote:^^Kelly Clarkson said she would want to a song for NM.
It just bugs me that now after Twilight was such a hit all of these people proclaim to be huge fans and they want to be apart of NM because they love the books and blah blah blah. If they really loved the books, then they'd do what Paramore (or, well, Hayley Williams) did and fight to be on the Twilight soundtrack because they actually love the story and not the fame.
Yeah! I like, give Hayley major props. Because she was a big fan of the books, and she earned her spot, so I think Paramore deserves to be on the New Moon soundtrack!
ImageImage
E<3B

Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:48 am

I hope non of the artists from the Twilight movie are reparticipating. Since I do feel the only person who wasn't to fond with it.

I would wish they used some indie- or smaller bands for the soundtrack, but that ain't going to happen.
If they can't be indie I would love some Ben Folds, Taylor Swift, Rufus Wainwright, Stephen Kellog and the 6ers and stuff on there. I know it will never happen. But I think some more open mindeness and looking for more original ideas would make this a good soundtrack.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:36 am

If Taylor Swift gets on this soundtrack I will shoot someone.
I really just want like rock and alternative stuff on not country or pop. I think that we should stick to the sort of songs that Stephenie put on her playlist. Another Muse song would be awesome! They have such good sound for New Moon. I was listening to Sing for Absolution yesterday (which is also on the NM playlist) and it's so haunting and great!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com