What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

Near to you and Almost lover by A Fine Frenzy....I thinnk they are perfect! I can't hear either one of them without thinking of Bella and her men trouble in New Moon!
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!
MelanieBell
Settled in Forks

Post by MelanieBell »

I am in complete agreement with everyone. Muse should be on EVERY soundtrack. After all, they were such a huge part of Stephenie's writing process - every Twilight fan owes Muse a debt of gratitude.
I really hope we get some Interpol or Death Cab/Postal Service or Silversun Pickups on the next album. And i'm not sure where they would fit, but some Modest Mouse would certainly make me a happy girl.

And for anyone who cares - Bella would hate today in Washington. It's snowing like crazy here (almost never happens) and from what I can tell, Port Angeles and Forks are getting hit pretty hard. Somewhere in the Twilight Universe, if we all listen really hard, we can hear Bella grumble in disgust and Edward laugh.
Did you seriously just stamp your foot? I thought girls only did that on TV.
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

I'm sure the soundtrack will be cool.
I just really, REALLY wish Carter Burwell is nowhere near the score for NM.
It definitely needs a composer that's a little less conceptual...
Bella's lullaby was so, SO bad. So forgettable.
The rest of the score was plain wrong for the movie. I'm not saying the music was bad, just absolutely out of place for Twilight.
MelanieBell
Settled in Forks

Cliff Diving, Anyone?

Post by MelanieBell »

Um - so I'm pretty sure that the cliff diving scene is gonna be major in the movie. I haven't seen a whole lot of suggestions as to what people think will be playing at that point in time - possibly because like myself, you're still struggling to answer that one. Will it be score music or will it be an artist's piece? Another of Rob's compositions, maybe? I'm having trouble with this one and I'm interested to hear what the rest of you have come up with.
Did you seriously just stamp your foot? I thought girls only did that on TV.
StephieTelli
Wandering Through Town

Post by StephieTelli »

I think having anything Evanescence (despite it being on Meyer's playlist) is going to remind me of the movie Daredevil cuz theres like 3 Evanescence songs on there. I think Muse's Apocalypse Now is really good to use for the soundtrack..OH!! and Stephenie has the song Pain by Jimmy Eat World on her playlist..its sucha fun song..i can picture that being a song while Bella rides her motorcycle..
I want to be your stupid lamb!
branndiwynne
Settled in Forks

Post by branndiwynne »

Oh I was hoping I could find something about the music for the next movie!! There is a band out of LA called The Bangkok Five. They have a song called 'Outlines of Us'. It is so hauntingly beautiful and I immediately thought of them when I found out that 'New Moon' was going to be made. I believe and I could be mistaken, but the drummer wrote the song after his then GF broke up with him. The emotions that Bella goes through I can see mirrored in that song. It is soooo good!! I don't know if the suggestions here are really taken with much consideration, but I would love it if whoever helps to get the music together for the next movie would just listen to the song. They're not huge but more of an up and coming band. They have toured extensively across the states and Europe, with big name bands such as Buckcherry.
You can find a video that they made for it on youtube. They do not currently have it featured on their Myspace page. Of course this is just my reaction to the book and the emotions that I felt through Bella and when I listened to that song it just seemed to fit. But that is how I saw it through my eyes of course others may not see the connection that I did between the song and the beginning of 'New Moon' when Edward breaks things off and Bella goes through the emotional turmoil of him leaving her.
I also want to add I am in no way trying to advertise for this band. I want the music to flow with the story of 'New Moon' the way I felt it did with 'Twilight'. I just thought it was such a great fit emotionally!
ok I'm done now... lol
Babeasaurus
Settled in Forks

Post by Babeasaurus »

Ooh, I was hoping that I would find a thread like this. I've been thinking about it for days. Then had to narrow down the PERFECT songs. Quite a few of the songs I decided I would really like to see in the movie are quite old. But to me they seemed to fit so perfectly no matter how old some may be.

[Tegan And Sara - Don't Confess] - I liked this one to show that Bella doesn't want to admit that Edward's gone. Like I can see this playing when Sam Uley carries her out of the woods when she's saying "He's gone"
[Sebadoh - Willing To Wait] - The perfect Jacob song. Because he wants to be with Bella but knows that she loves Edward. Ever since I read New Moon this screamed Jacob.
[Paul Oakenfold featuring Brittany Murphy - Faster Kill Pussycat] - A good song to play for when Jacob and Bella are taking the bikes out for the first time. I have a few other songs that would work perfectly.
[Remember Maine - Forever Ended Today] - When Edward tells Bella he's leaving. I have a few for this situation too.
[Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World] - Could be used perfectly to show the months without Edward and before Jacob.
[PJ Harvey - Hardly Wait] - Bella waiting for Jacob's call anyone?
[Sheryl Crow - I Shall Believe] - When Bella finds the pictures of Edward missing and remembers him saying "It'll be like I never existed"
[Super Furry Animals - Hello Sunshine] - A good song for how Bella sees Jacob, her personal sun.
[Reggie And The Full Effect - Get Well Soon] - When Bella pulls her truck over before seeing the bikes.
[Marketa Irglova - The Hill] - It'd be weird to take a song originally recorded for a different movie to be used ina different movie but who cares. It's a good view of how Bella is when Edward is leaving.
[Sloan - If It Feels Good Do It] - When Bella and Jacob take out the bikes.
[The Mars Volta - L'Via L'Viaquez] - Another good bike song just before Bella crashes.
[Frou Frou - Let Go] - I don't know how this could be used but it's so good for the story.
[Animal Collective - Loch Raven] - A good song for when she goes looking for the meadow without Jacob.
[Xiu Xiu - Rose Of Sharon(Grey Ghost Version)] - When Bella follows Edward into the woods.
[Bright Eyes - Lover I Don't Have To Love] - The starting music just reminds me of Bella and Jacob.
[Daphne Loves Derby - Midnight Highway] - Another good song that I'm not sure how it could be used.
[The Exies - My Goddess] - A good how Jacob loves Bella song.
[The White Stripes - Offend In Every Way] - When Bella first sees Jacob with Sam.
[Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue] - When Bella's telling Jacob about why she grabs her sides when she talks about the Cullens.

I could have ALOT more, but not right now. I could always post some more later. Since the songs I listed are only for half the book, in this case movie.
brianna_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by brianna_cullen »

Definately Nemo by Nightwish!!! It describes Bella's dead feelings completely!!!
Edward can bruise me anyday.

angel07
Settled in Forks

Post by angel07 »

i hope they use an evanescence song in there.. a couple of them go good with the story
StephieTelli
Wandering Through Town

Post by StephieTelli »

Babeasaurus wrote:Ooh, I was hoping that I would find a thread like this. I've been thinking about it for days. Then had to narrow down the PERFECT songs. Quite a few of the songs I decided I would really like to see in the movie are quite old. But to me they seemed to fit so perfectly no matter how old some may be.

[Tegan And Sara - Don't Confess] - I liked this one to show that Bella doesn't want to admit that Edward's gone. Like I can see this playing when Sam Uley carries her out of the woods when she's saying "He's gone"
[Sebadoh - Willing To Wait] - The perfect Jacob song. Because he wants to be with Bella but knows that she loves Edward. Ever since I read New Moon this screamed Jacob.
[Paul Oakenfold featuring Brittany Murphy - Faster Kill Pussycat] - A good song to play for when Jacob and Bella are taking the bikes out for the first time. I have a few other songs that would work perfectly.
[Remember Maine - Forever Ended Today] - When Edward tells Bella he's leaving. I have a few for this situation too.
[Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World] - Could be used perfectly to show the months without Edward and before Jacob.
[PJ Harvey - Hardly Wait] - Bella waiting for Jacob's call anyone?
[Sheryl Crow - I Shall Believe] - When Bella finds the pictures of Edward missing and remembers him saying "It'll be like I never existed"
[Super Furry Animals - Hello Sunshine] - A good song for how Bella sees Jacob, her personal sun.
[Reggie And The Full Effect - Get Well Soon] - When Bella pulls her truck over before seeing the bikes.
[Marketa Irglova - The Hill] - It'd be weird to take a song originally recorded for a different movie to be used ina different movie but who cares. It's a good view of how Bella is when Edward is leaving.
[Sloan - If It Feels Good Do It] - When Bella and Jacob take out the bikes.
[The Mars Volta - L'Via L'Viaquez] - Another good bike song just before Bella crashes.
[Frou Frou - Let Go] - I don't know how this could be used but it's so good for the story.
[Animal Collective - Loch Raven] - A good song for when she goes looking for the meadow without Jacob.
[Xiu Xiu - Rose Of Sharon(Grey Ghost Version)] - When Bella follows Edward into the woods.
[Bright Eyes - Lover I Don't Have To Love] - The starting music just reminds me of Bella and Jacob.
[Daphne Loves Derby - Midnight Highway] - Another good song that I'm not sure how it could be used.
[The Exies - My Goddess] - A good how Jacob loves Bella song.
[The White Stripes - Offend In Every Way] - When Bella first sees Jacob with Sam.
[Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue] - When Bella's telling Jacob about why she grabs her sides when she talks about the Cullens.

I could have ALOT more, but not right now. I could always post some more later. Since the songs I listed are only for half the book, in this case movie.
Woww..u really have thought about this...im totally youtubing these songs lol
I want to be your stupid lamb!