What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StarLitNight
Settled in Forks

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by StarLitNight »

DEFIANTLY more Paramore! They were great on the soundtrack! Yeah, Far Away by Nickelback really describes the end of New Moon. Don't Jump by Tokio Hotel is another good song. I really like Breathe Into Me by Red. It really describes how Bella feels. Also Broken by Lifehouse. Another one I like is Broken by Seether and Amy Lee. It really describes the end of the story when Bella and Edward reunite. They defiantly need some good Jacob songs though. I'm really excited to see what they are going to put on the soundtrack! The last one was amazing!
twilighter_alice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter_alice »

I really think they should have saved "Leave Out All the Rest" by Linkin Park for when Edward comes back, 'cause he wants Bella to forget his mistakes and remember him before he left her.
daddiesgurrl
Settled in Forks

Post by daddiesgurrl »

I love the current soundtrack - I'm listening to it now! I'd beg for another Rob Pattinson song for sure. I've always loved Collective Soul. I'd like to hear "Beg" or "Over" by Evans Blue. More Paramore! Artists will be wanting to write songs for the movie!
i too am dazzled...i just want more edward
twilightaddict2794
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightaddict2794 »

The song Untouched by The Veronicas should be played while Edward(<33 hehe) is gone or when Bella and Alice are flying TO Italy
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

I second the Broken by Seether and Amy Lee song. That would be good for the movie. Also, I really like 10 More Minutes With You by Kill Hannah for after Bella and Edward are reunited again and she just wants all the time she can have with him.
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
Justarebelheart
Settled in Forks

Post by Justarebelheart »

I think Adele - Make You Feel My Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCBlFBOxRKo

I think its a beautiful song that would work somewhere in the movie.

Lyrics:

When the rain is blowing in your face,
and the whole world is on your case,
I could offer you a warm embrace
to make you feel my love.

When the evening shadows and the stars appear,
and there is no one there to dry your tears,
I could hold you for a million years

I know you haven't made your mind up yet,
but I would never do you wrong.
I've known it from the moment that we met,
no doubt in my mind where you belong.

I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue,
I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do

The storms are raging on the rolling sea
and on the highway of regret.
Though winds of change are throwing wild and free,
you ain't seen nothing like me yet.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn't do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you,
to make you feel my love
DangerMagnet43
Settled in Forks

Post by DangerMagnet43 »

re: my prior post on Daughtry...I know he is not :mrgreen: quirky :mrgreen: or alternative, but honestly the song means alot to me from a very painful part in my life that I identify with similar to parts of NM. In actuality it would not work as well in the movie, but I wanted to clear up any misunderstanding there. :oops:
Now that I've really thought it over and read the extras and outtakes on the SM site (I didn't know they were there until last night) I can see that part a crucial part of the movies is the uniqeness of music used. I also agree with many of you that it should prominantly indie up and coming bands. That keeps it fresh, lol. Just imput from the old lady at this end of the universe... and believe it or not, on one TW site, they are all going on about Duran Duran and their song "New Moon on Monday, lol" (remember it's the age that affects the discussion)

I am looking forward to NM, I LOVE the TW soundtrack and play it all the time. Really like Blue Foundation and Black Ghosts..
Have a happy week everyone, and thanks for letting me rant... :lol:
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

^ Oh, no misunderstanding! :D :lol: Duran Duran! XD

OMG, this song...since they already did a Linkin Park song...

The Little things Give you Away!
PERRRRFECT for the cliff diving scene.
ImageImage
E<3B
alima
Wandering Through Town

Post by alima »

Ok so it might sound weird but I think "Untouched" by the Veronicas is a perfect Edward and Bella song. Then maybe "Seventeen Forever" by Metro Station. Jacob and Bella... "For You I Will" by Teddy Geiger. This one might not fit but it totally reminds me of the "family turning Bella" issues... so "Are You Ready" by Three Days Grace. It just reminds me of Edward freaking out. "Silver and Cold" by AFI. "Where'd You Go" by Fort Minor.
Last edited by alima on Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

navarre wrote:Many of you may not agree with this but I really loved Paramore and The Black Ghosts and Blue Foundation - I just thought they were great!

I would love to hear more ethereal music because this book and movie will be so haunting and dark. Jacob needs his theme song -something hard-core, heavy metal especially when he phases and goes kind of dark on Bella.
I agree whole-heartedly! The whole ethereal aspect of the "Twilight" film and soundtrack is what really hooked me and I would love to see and hear more of the same. Of course some more Muse (Time is Running Out!!!), of course something that expresses Bella's depression upon Edward's departure. Some song that represents Jacob and his transformation. Sorry that I don't really have specific songs, but I know that I like the soundtrack to reflect the overall mood of the story and New Moon especially is so full of raw, untapped and uncharacteristic emotion that it would be wrong to fill the soundtrack with some pop ballads that every couple deems as "Our song". Bella feels her emotions in a different way than other girls her age do, if only due to the fact that her situation is much different than girls her age. :lol: But still, it just seems fitting that a more low-key, less mainstreamed soundtrack do Bella, and the entirety of the New Moon novel, justice.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B