New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by JodeenSings »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:
RussetRose♥ wrote:What does Withering Heights have to do with New Moon??
Well for one, Edward is a classic case of a byronic character, as Heathcliff is in Wuthering Heights . . . as well as whats already been said.
Yes, I agree. And I will go as far as to say that part of the connection with Bella and Edward is more than "romantic", is very much the connection Heathcliff and Catherine find as being liberated in spirit by finding one's "other-self." But not in a Jerry Maguire "you complete me" kinda way. And Catherine's haunting isn't the same as let's say, wait, wait for it . . . . 1990's "Ghost" <escapes the boards before the rants being>
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
jakeyjake
Settled in Forks

Post by jakeyjake »

Vote for Taylor to stay Here on the Twilight link on discussion board

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1795464/
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

jakeyjake wrote:Vote for Taylor to stay Here on the Twilight link on discussion board

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1795464/

That linked to Erik Fellows
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

You know,
I'm getting really tired of waiting.

THEY NEED TO ANNOUNCE THE REST OF THE CAST NOW!
~Bee Marie
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

chillax peeps..
we are all dyin gto know the final casting.. but we have to understand that it's like the holiday season today..
let's give them time first to be with their family and friends and after the holidays..
there's no excuse.. they shoukd get bak to work and answer the questions that we have been dying to know!

who'll play jacob? and who will play the volturi..

(it's really hard to stay away from this thread)
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

JodeenSings wrote:
navarre wrote: Has anyone heard the fate of Taylor? I am hearing so negative things about Copon and him mouthing off stuff.
What's going on there?
Well, there's a report from Reelz, lemme find the link . . .
http://twilightersanonymous.com/reelz-c ... movie.html
I snagged it off of TA, I'm sure it will be on the Lex news blog, too.
Thank you, ma'am!! I watched the video and what still amazes me is that this Steve Mason guy thinks that Hardwicke "got it". SHE DID NOT GET ANYTHING!!!!! :x

Twilight is NOT about teen angst - PERIOD!!! It is fantasy not angst. Read Twilight - you have a love story, fantasy, suspense, drama, dark comedy/humor - not angst. Hardwicke did fine with "Thirteen" and "Lords of Dogtown" - she SCREWED UP Twilight along with Rosenberg and Summitt. The blame is on all three.

You need a director and writer that understand fantasy, Hardwicke did not. Just because a movie has teens in it does not necessarily translate to angst. Edward's life was a void until Bella entered it, Bella's life was filled with taking care of her mother emotionally and was basically a void until Edward came into her life. They both came alive, ALIVE when they started to get close. That along with so many other core things of the book were ommitted in the movie.

My hope is that New Moon will make up for what was so totally destroyed, in my book, with Twilight.

Again, we will see.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

navarre wrote:
JodeenSings wrote:
navarre wrote: Has anyone heard the fate of Taylor? I am hearing so negative things about Copon and him mouthing off stuff.
What's going on there?
Well, there's a report from Reelz, lemme find the link . . .
http://twilightersanonymous.com/reelz-c ... movie.html
I snagged it off of TA, I'm sure it will be on the Lex news blog, too.
Thank you, ma'am!! I watched the video and what still amazes me is that this Steve Mason guy thinks that Hardwicke "got it". SHE DID NOT GET ANYTHING!!!!! :x

Twilight is NOT about teen angst - PERIOD!!! It is fantasy not angst. Read Twilight - you have a love story, fantasy, suspense, drama, dark comedy/humor - not angst. Hardwicke did fine with "Thirteen" and "Lords of Dogtown" - she SCREWED UP Twilight along with Rosenberg and Summitt. The blame is on all three.

You need a director and writer that understand fantasy, Hardwicke did not. Just because a movie has teens in it does not necessarily translate to angst. Edward's life was a void until Bella entered it, Bella's life was filled with taking care of her mother emotionally and was basically a void until Edward came into her life. They both came alive, ALIVE when they started to get close. That along with so many other core things of the book were ommitted in the movie.

My hope is that New Moon will make up for what was so totally destroyed, in my book, with Twilight.

Again, we will see.
God I agree . . . how the hell is Twilight about teen angst? I hate when adults try to understand things like this, they always seem to loose the plot completely . . .

I'm so glad they have Weitz, he's done fantasy with great CGI . . . he can do this like Hardiwcke never could . . . but then theres Rosenberg, now she's a problem that isn't going away!
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

*starts to shakes Summit around to see if any casting news falls off* hehehe. :)

I think next week we'll start hearing a lot. I hope!
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I think I'm getting as anxious as the rest of you for the cast...no offense to the Taylor lovers but thats not even the one I'm most interested in...I want to know who is cast as the Volturi...I think it would be cool if they went with foreign actors that are relatively unknown in the states but are big in their own countries...like they did with Prince Caspian and it turned out great
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

JenJen2112 wrote:I think I'm getting as anxious as the rest of you for the cast...no offense to the Taylor lovers but thats not even the one I'm most interested in...I want to know who is cast as the Volturi...I think it would be cool if they went with foreign actors that are relatively unknown in the states but are big in their own countries...like they did with Prince Caspian and it turned out great
I agree. I don't care were they find them, just find the right ones that can convey what and who the Volturi are.
I still feel that IF Taylor does not return, then Steven Strait would be great as Jacob. After all, I think his potrait is the one on SM's Craptastic Covers on her website. If so, then.... Whoa!!! :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict