Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by Ally_Cat »

Personally I'm team taylor. I understand the "looks/characteristics of Jacob matter" argument, but I don't want to see a new Jacob after 1 film. I don't want to see any character changed out for that matter. Personally I think it looks like bad quality. If taylor isn't jacob, in the back of my mind when I watch NM i will be thinking "this isn't Jacob, this is a cheap trick."

Also Michael Copon really turned me off to the idea of him as Jacob in his interview that is posted on the LEX blog. He hasn't even finished reading twilight yet. Thats okay for the actors in the first film who didn't know what twilight was or actors looking for new and/or smaller parts, but it looks fishy if you start reading it and want one of the big roles (that was already cast in the first film) only after the movie made it big and jump started careers. - I'm not saying that is him motive or his idea, just that it doesnt look good
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
mom26ks
Wandering Through Town

Post by mom26ks »

Oh UGH, I just read an interview with Michael Copon done by Popstar and they are Team Michael. Then I saw a video of him that turned me off. It was of him and his friends showing off his singing and eeewwwwwwww! He even admitted this would be a role of a lifetime, Talk about jumping on the bandwagon. He's definately in it for the exposure. The original cast CARED about what they were doing not about the fame, jeez most of them are in awe of the fans and their reactions. No thank you Michael!
s69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/len...
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Michael. Ugh. Just looking at him makes me feel dirty and greasy...
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Okay, a lot of people think Taylor is best suited for the role and that it's tacky to change actors. This debate is getting pretty redundant. I don't mean to be rude, but I don't want 5 New Moon threads about Taylor possibly being replaced. As much as we might disagree, Summit will do what THEY think is best for the movie, for their budget, and for the box office. Period.
switzgal wrote:Who the hell cares if Jacob looks 25 yrs old and is 6'7" tall??? It DOESN'T change the plot!!!
For anyone saying the above, let me ask you this... if they didn't cast Rob as Edward, but instead it was someone who looked like Napoleon Dynamite, that wouldn't change the plot would it? But it would change your opinion about the movie. That's an exaggerated example, of course, but I'm trying to show that who plays a character and how well they fit him/her is vital. Some descriptions can't be ignored. I see where this argument comes from, but it does matter. Jacob is supposed to look a certain way after he phases. If Taylor doesn't fit the bill for that, then they'll find someone who does. However, I agree that Summit should have looked into this more thoroughly when they chose him.

Bottom line: Saying Jacob doesn't have to be tall is like saying Edward can be short. It just doesn't work. Sure Summit can work around it (making Taylor stand on chairs), but maybe they don't want to.

...I won't say anything more about it. :X
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Malekk
Settled in Forks

Post by Malekk »

twilight1909 wrote:Okay, a lot of people think Taylor is best suited for the role and that it's tacky to change actors. This debate is getting pretty redundant. I don't mean to be rude, but I don't want 5 New Moon threads about Taylor possibly being replaced. As much as we might disagree, Summit will do what THEY think is best for the movie, for their budget, and for the box office. Period.
switzgal wrote:Who the hell cares if Jacob looks 25 yrs old and is 6'7" tall??? It DOESN'T change the plot!!!
For anyone saying the above, let me ask you this... if they didn't cast Rob as Edward, but instead it was someone who looked like Napoleon Dynamite, that wouldn't change the plot would it? But it would change your opinion about the movie. That's an exaggerated example, of course, but I'm trying to show that who plays a character and how well they fit him/her is vital. Some descriptions can't be ignored. I see where this argument comes from, but it does matter. Jacob is supposed to look a certain way after he phases. If Taylor doesn't fit the bill for that, then they'll find someone who does. However, I agree that Summit should have looked into this more thoroughly when they chose him.

Bottom line: Saying Jacob doesn't have to be tall is like saying Edward can be short. It just doesn't work. Sure Summit can work around it (making Taylor stand on chairs), but maybe they don't want to.

...I won't say anything more about it. :X

Would it matter to you that if when Jacob turns into a werewolf that he wasn't as big as in the books. This is just a guess and but I would assume with the tight filming schedule that there won't be a lot of CGI in this movie. I would guess that the werewolves would be being played by real life wolves and not CG. Thats just my guess though. I know it takes a long time to do CG in movies and there going to release this movie on NOV. 20th so that's a very short time to shoot and do the CG and edit and what not.
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

twilight1909 wrote:For anyone saying the above, let me ask you this... if they didn't cast Rob as Edward, but instead it was someone who looked like Napoleon Dynamite, that wouldn't change the plot would it? But it would change your opinion about the movie. That's an exaggerated example, of course, but I'm trying to show that who plays a character and how well they fit him/her is vital. Some descriptions can't be ignored. I see where this argument comes from, but it does matter. Jacob is supposed to look a certain way after he phases.
The fact that we already know Taylor as Jacob Black changes things for me. It's not like Taylor is just auditioning for this role and we are like "We want him to play Jacob! Come on Summit!" I agree, some descriptions can't be ignored... but they kinda already have been since Taylor was picked for JB in the first place. All I'm saying is that I want consistency. Keep Taylor. Work with what they have. It just seems practical to me instead of seeing Taylor as JB in Twilight and then seeing Michael as JB in New Moon.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

roseylee
Settled in Forks

Post by roseylee »

Malekk wrote:Would it matter to you that if when Jacob turns into a werewolf that he wasn't as big as in the books. This is just a guess and but I would assume with the tight filming schedule that there won't be a lot of CGI in this movie. I would guess that the werewolves would be being played by real life wolves and not CG. Thats just my guess though. I know it takes a long time to do CG in movies and there going to release this movie on NOV. 20th so that's a very short time to shoot and do the CG and edit and what not.
I really hope you aren't right about the werewolves being played by real life wolves!! They are supposed to be huge, around the size of horses, right??
Malekk
Settled in Forks

Post by Malekk »

yeah they are supposed to be huge but I just can't see them getting all that done with the time frame and budget that they are going for. I hope that I'm wrong too, I would love to see the huge werewolves fighting but I just don't see how they can do it in the very short time they have to do this movie.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

IF (only IF) they do replace Taylor I think Michael Copon would be a bad choice...he doesn't even seem to know the material or the character at all...and then the facebook thing bothers me a lot...I remember in an interview a while back Kristen Stewart says she only takes on roles that she believes in...Copon doesn't even know what he would be signing on to...and he's arrogant and I don't think he's that great of an actor (going on Scorpion King Beginning)...I hope Summit really weighs this decision and does what is best for the movie and future movies...I hope Taylor's meeting with Chris goes well and I think we will know soon enough what Chris' and Summit's decision will be
Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

*facepalm*