Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Summit Entertainment

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I'm worried because some idiots hired Rosenberg again and seems to think it's a good idea!
She is the person I hold responsible for messing up Twilight . . . god if she messes up New Moon too :|
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Just as long as Summit keeps Taylor, I'll be a very happy twilighter. If not...

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
AliceXxJasper
Settled in Forks

Post by AliceXxJasper »

i know they shouldnt have re hired Rosenberg for new moon

god i hope taylor gets jacob for new moon
even tho im not a team jacob he did do a good job with what he was given in twilight
Team Jazz- Cause we all like a man in uniform
Team Alice- Cause she steals expensive cars :)
kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kimmyBEE »

I agree with Renesmee101.

On one hand, I'm so glad that Summit took on Twilight - since they usually do smaller scale movies. I'm even happier that they're taking on New Moon and possible Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Like all fandoms, it's great to see your favorite books come to life on the big screen. On the other hand, I'm worried about them now getting New Moon. It's bad enough that they want to re-cast Taylor. I really hope they don't pass up the little details about the way Bella's feeling and how her relationship grows with Jake to have a huge action-packed scene in Italy.
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:I'm worried because some idiots hired Rosenberg again and seems to think it's a good idea!
She is the person I hold responsible for messing up Twilight . . . god if she messes up New Moon too :|
That's what they get for 'thinking'. :x :x Send her back to Showtime for Dexter and leave this saga for someone who understands the fantasy world of Twilight, etc. I still say I hope SM has a big hand in the script development.
This is, after all, her books and characters. I know, script writing is not like writing a book, but for crying out loud, how complicated can it be - especially for the author.

Did it say somewhere that Rosenberg was already cranking out a screen play for New Moon just as Twilight hit the theaters? I think I heard that right. If so, there is no way a decent script, especially from her, could have been written. :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
AliceXxJasper
Settled in Forks

Post by AliceXxJasper »

Did it say somewhere that Rosenberg was already cranking out a screen play for New Moon just as Twilight hit the theaters? I think I heard that right. If so, there is no way a decent script, especially from her, could have been written.
Yeah she already had written the script for new moon before it was even annouced that they would do new moon
Team Jazz- Cause we all like a man in uniform
Team Alice- Cause she steals expensive cars :)
TeamCullenRocks
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamCullenRocks »

Well, with what they did with the first movie, it wasn't that bad. But it definitely could have been better. I would
have lengthened that movie to about 3 hours and explored the inseparable bond that formed between Bella and Edward--show the correct time frame and show HOW they fell in love.

Well, this isn't the place to talk about Twilight. As for New Moon, the budget should have been humongous and they shouldn't have released it until late 2010 at the earliest. Again, make it longer, because Edward didn't leave and then come back the next day. The script can't be 100 pages long again. Expand it to at least 200 or 250 pages.
"It makes me... anxious... to be away from you."
-Edward, Twilight, p. 188
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I do think some of their choices are really bad, like allowing Rosenberg to write the script for New Moon and then having it done before they announcement, but at the same time they do want the money. They'll do what they think will bring them the most money.

I am looking forward to seeing that movie with Chris Evans and Dakota Fanning. It actually looks good, and had a decent budget.
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

RebeccaCullen wrote:I do think some of their choices are really bad, like allowing Rosenberg to write the script for New Moon and then having it done before they announcement, but at the same time they do want the money. They'll do what they think will bring them the most money.

I am looking forward to seeing that movie with Chris Evans and Dakota Fanning. It actually looks good, and had a decent budget.
That movie is called PUSH. That's from Summit too, and the special effects (which has a lot) looks okay on this movie. Why couldn't they have done Twilight a little bit better? :(

I really hope the effects on NM comes out great. Along with the script, of course.
I read the script (somebody posted a link to the Twilight script on one of the threads) and was surprised that the movie slightly differed from the script.

Example:
Kiss in the bedroom scene... in the script B+E actually had some cheesy dialogue before Edward kissed her.
I liked the movie better...simplified and much much more memorable.

When Edward twirled Bella in his bedroom, in the script, Bella said "no tripping, no falling, no derision". Sounds really cheesy to me.
Again, I liked the movie better where Bella simply said "I can't dance" coupled with an awkward look.

Anybody else read that script from one of the threads here?
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

Yeah, Push does look like it could be good. I look forward to seeing it.

No, I didn't read the script but I would be interested in seeing it if you find the thread, post the directions to which one it is. I had heard Kristen Steward had refused to say some of the lines in the movie, it sounds like she was staying truer to the book than Rosenburg. The more I hear about that women, the more it sounds like the Twilight Saga would be better off without her.
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse