Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
clark415
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by clark415 »

I'm mostly just wooried about how well the movie will do in the box office, in general. I'm worried that the people who haven't read the books and are just watching the movies wont like New Moon and then it wont do well enough for them to make the others. I know that there are alot of people who watched the movie that aren't reading the books, and since they wont know what's coming, I'm wooried they might be turned off by how much Edward isn't in it.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love everything that has to do with Twilight and I love all four books, but I was extremely upset while reading New Moon because Edward wasn't hardly in any of it. Of course I kept reading though and then understood everything that was going on and absolutely became obsessed. But I'm scared others wont give it that chance.

I hope I'm wrong...
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

clark415 wrote:I'm mostly just wooried about how well the movie will do in the box office, in general. I'm worried that the people who haven't read the books and are just watching the movies wont like New Moon and then it wont do well enough for them to make the others. I know that there are alot of people who watched the movie that aren't reading the books, and since they wont know what's coming, I'm wooried they might be turned off by how much Edward isn't in it.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love everything that has to do with Twilight and I love all four books, but I was extremely upset while reading New Moon because Edward wasn't hardly in any of it. Of course I kept reading though and then understood everything that was going on and absolutely became obsessed. But I'm scared others wont give it that chance.

I hope I'm wrong...
As far as box office goes, if half the people who bought the books show up at the theatres to see the movie - and I know they will, cause I mean, COME ON - it will already be kind of a hit.
Not only that, but imagine, one hysterical fan (read: me) + Boyfriend (or friend who was forcefully dragged to the movies) = 2 or more people per fan. That already makes up for the other half of fans who may not go to the movies.

We are also not counting the people who will watch the movie 10 times or more. That's like, 70 bucks a person, right there. :)
Last edited by lilmisstrouble on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
clark415
Settled in Forks

Post by clark415 »

Yeah, I really didn't take all of that into account. Wow, that is alot, and you are right about the mulitple views because I myself went to see Twilight 3 times, and that isn't near as much as some others I know of. Well that gets rid of my biggest worry, thanks.

How do you think they'll do as far as portraying the wolves?
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Well, I think the wolves should be like the ones in Underworld the lycan one but maybe a little less scary.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

As far as box office ranking goes, I'm not too concerned about that. I mean, The Twilight Saga is of HUGE interests among teens - adults. As much as I hate to say it, there are just as many Team Jacobs as Edwards and I'm sure those fans won't disappoint in showing up for New Moon.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
thewall28304
Settled in Forks

Post by thewall28304 »

I'm glad you brought that up twi-nerd because I just saw Underworld: Rise of the Lycans last week and I'm sure they'll try to make the werewolves in New Moon convincing enough,but not go as far as they did in Underworld. I've seen Twilight eight times now,so I'm sure I won't be the only one seeing New Moon more than once. I noticed what made the audience about 50-50 was those of us that had read the book,knew what we were in for and were exicted to see it on the big screen. Those that haven't read the book went to see it because of what they'd heard other people say about the story,so they were curious enough to go see it. So I'm not worried about whether the repeat viewings will happen,I know people will go back and see it many times after it opens.
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

i'm kind of worried about it since they changed directors
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Dakota Fanning as Jane = MEGA NO NO! I really hope they don't use her. I can't stand her voice, face, or any part of her really. I don't want her presence to ruin an amazing movie.
List, Gnat ♥
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I didn't see Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. So, would someone tell my what the werewolves in that movie look like?? Also, are they anything like how SM described the wolves in the books?

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
pdxdragon
Settled in Forks

Post by pdxdragon »

I agree with Jasper<3 about Dakota Fanning. Jane has dark hair and Dakota Fanning is blond. I can't imagine her as a brunette. I hope they stick to the character descriptions in the book. SM is so good at giving us a clear visual of what her characters look like as we read about them and it would be bad if they completely change the look of any of them.