Worried about the New Moon movie?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lady4string

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by lady4string »

I'm not really familiar with other stuff Kristen's been in, but Despoina, you're right about the wooden thing. She also always looks ticked off both in the movie and in real life.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I was pleasantly surprised with the "Jake, run!" line. I mean seriously, you can't do much better than that, people.

I wasn't too worried with this movie to begin with, and that trailer was brilliant for the very first trailer, so I'm very excited for November. :D
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

rjupiter wrote:
really she has her "moment to shine" in other films where she did a much better job, unless you are confining that comment to just this franchise.
I was referring to her moment to shine in the context of Twlight. This is Bella's story and her pain. Kristen has to carry a lot of it.
And I haven't really seen Kristen in any other movies. And she was no way near perfect in Twilight. But still, after seeing the pictures and the trailer, and what I liked about her from Twilight, I am going to stay optimistic on her behalf. I think she will do well with the mood of NM.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

This is probably a very minor detail in the grand scheme of things, but did anyone notice that the blue filter isn't implemented in "New Moon" as it was in "Twilight"? I love that the scenes are vibrant and colorful. It brings so much more to the movie, at least aesthetically. I cannot wait. Even if the dialogue is slightly altered throughout, the movie already seems a million times better than "Twilight".
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

Alison wrote:This is probably a very minor detail in the grand scheme of things, but did anyone notice that the blue filter isn't implemented in "New Moon" as it was in "Twilight"? I love that the scenes are vibrant and colorful. It brings so much more to the movie, at least aesthetically. I cannot wait. Even if the dialogue is slightly altered throughout, the movie already seems a million times better than "Twilight".
yes, i noticed that.

i am so happy the blue coloring effect will not be in new moon. after seeing the clip i realized how much i hated that in twilight. :lol: for me i think without it seems like its a real movie. i don't like that effect at all. :roll:
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Hearts in red ink. wrote:
Alison wrote:This is probably a very minor detail in the grand scheme of things, but did anyone notice that the blue filter isn't implemented in "New Moon" as it was in "Twilight"? I love that the scenes are vibrant and colorful. It brings so much more to the movie, at least aesthetically. I cannot wait. Even if the dialogue is slightly altered throughout, the movie already seems a million times better than "Twilight".
yes, i noticed that.

i am so happy the blue coloring effect will not be in new moon. after seeing the clip i realized how much i hated that in twilight. :lol: for me i think without it seems like its a real movie. i don't like that effect at all. :roll:
I noticed that too. I love the colors this time. They all looked so great. I loved the colors in the Cullen house. It just looked so warm and cozy with all the lights.
And Taylor looked so good in the colors the way it is now. His skin tone looked so great this time.
I think the blue filter in Twilight made Kristen look even more pale then she really is. The New Moon will seem more alive I think with this coloring.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

must be because they had different
director's, different points-of-views.

Well I just hope they can really bring justice
to New Moon and not wreck it.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
lilmisstrouble
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

The blue filter used in Twilight really gets old after a while. Makes the movie seem so gloomy... That was probably Hardwicke's intention - to portray rainy, gloomy, cold Forks. I'm actually glad Chris Weitz decided to go in a different direction and bring things to a new light (literally).

However, I must say I do miss the old Cullen house. The fact that it was mostly glass, and so wide, it gave a certain cold "vampire" vibe to it. I really did love the architecture of that house and I think it was scouted perfectly for the Cullens. The new house, especially under the new lighting is so warm and inviting. Still sophisticated, of course, but it looks "human" - for the lack of a better word. Not very Cullen, if you ask me.

But bottom line,it really doesn't matter that much to me what house they use for the Cullens (heck I wouldn't even care if they added to the script that the Cullens moved to a new house in Forks for whatever made up reason!) because I have so much faith in Chris Weitz after seeing this trailer, I honestly think this movie will be better than the first.

I think Catherine Hardwicke is a great director and she did give her very best and put her soul into Twilight. But there's a part of me who secretly wishes Chris Weitz would take Twilight and redo it, just for sh*ts and giggles. Hardwicke is great, but I personally think her style is for indie movies rather than blockbuster franchises. Sure, it gave the first installment personality, but we are talking about a major book series here. I can't picture an indie Harry Potter movie. And I think Twilight is pretty much on the same level.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by despoina92 »

Dovrebanen wrote:
Hearts in red ink. wrote:
yes, i noticed that.

I noticed that too. I love the colors this time. They all looked so great. I loved the colors in the Cullen house. It just looked so warm and cozy with all the lights.
And Taylor looked so good in the colors the way it is now. His skin tone looked so great this time.
I think the blue filter in Twilight made Kristen look even more pale then she really is. The New Moon will seem more alive I think with this coloring.
I agree. This movie feels more "alive" than Twilight. The colors are more familiar to me. It is warmer.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I honestly think my only complaint is that they are making Bella (Kristen) look a little too pretty already. They stepped up her makeup, probably due to the budget increase. However, (at least in my opinion) they should hold out for once she is changed, so that the before and after is a great difference. That's minor, too, but I think we all are picking apart that trailer for every minute detail. =P
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun