Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by spicey16 »

spare your torch and pitchfork... but i dont see that the proprosal is all taht important. or that it even is a proposal, more an ultimatum.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

spicey16 wrote:spare your torch and pitchfork... but i dont see that the proprosal is all taht important. or that it even is a proposal, more an ultimatum.
in nm, it WAS a proposal.
and even in ec, it wasn't an ultimatum, at least not to me. he just said he wouldn't have sex with her until they were married. i see nothing truly ultimatum-y about that.
and it's important for edward's character and bella's. it shows his old-fashioned values and his overall love for bella. it shows bella's fear of public display and attention.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I agree, debussygirl. I think the proposal was very important. It shows what kind of man Edward is. He is the guy taken straight out of 1918 and the one who has waited for 90 years to say those words to a girl. It shows his forever love for her. Yes, he did use it to stall her as well, but he also really wanted her to marry him. He wanted to be tied to her in every way.
And more importantly, it shows how Bella feels about marriage, and it gives us insight into what her parents divorce did to her. She had little faith in marriage, and doesn't see how it would improve her relationship with Edward. It also shows how she still cares so much about what other people think.

The propsal in NM is also important for the events in Eclipse. To see how he proposes a second time, and her response then. And it will help people understand how difficult it is for Bella to say yes to this. And in the end, why it is important for her to go through with it. So I definitely hope for a good proposal in NM
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

*SQUEALS* Chris put in the proposal!!!! :DD
*jumps up and down*
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

really? Where did you find out?? ^^^ Share with the world!!
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
VampireAlternative

Post by VampireAlternative »

twi-nerd wrote:really? Where did you find out?? ^^^ Share with the world!!

rjupiter put it originally on page 94, but I guess you weren't there....

Here: http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-7-1 ... eveals-all

By the way, thanks rjupiter. :)
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

VampireAlternative wrote:
twi-nerd wrote:really? Where did you find out?? ^^^ Share with the world!!

rjupiter put it originally on page 94, but I guess you weren't there....

Here: http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-7-1 ... eveals-all

By the way, thanks rjupiter. :)

Aah thank you so much for that. I think the proposal is important for the story and to illustrate Bella and Edward's characters, but most of all, it is just beautiful and romantic, and we all love that, don't we ? Of course, the proposal in Eclipse is more important but I still think it is a good thing they didn't cut it out. I'm just really curious because he says it is not going to be as we expect. This worries me a tiny bit but I have so much faith in Chris. Up untill now, he didn't dissapoint me once.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
mary
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: hanging out w/ Bella, Rennesme, and the other Cullens

Post by mary »

I haven't said anything on here in awhile, but honestly, for me, there really isn't much more to say. I don't really have anymore worries except for the how they are perceiving Bella's visions. I read in a film magazine that they're still taking it as a dark movie, and in one since it is, but not in the way they're saying. I keep reading from several magazines, the film ones mainly, that Bella was afraid of Edward, that in her hallucinations, he was scary to her. I just hope this take doesn't ruin anything in the movie. I mean, the only thing Bella was ever afraid of was losing Edward, and when that happened her worst nightmare had come true. That's why she was having the nightmares, and that's also why the 1st time she imagined his voice, it startled her. He wasn't there, but he was at the same time.

"Look after my heart, I've left it with you."
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

You know what's so annoying?
We have been posting the same exact worries on here for months over and over again.
There really isn't anything else to fret over.
Everything will turn out just fine. :)
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
spicey16

Post by spicey16 »

debussygirl wrote:
spicey16 wrote:spare your torch and pitchfork... but i dont see that the proprosal is all taht important. or that it even is a proposal, more an ultimatum.
in nm, it WAS a proposal.
and even in ec, it wasn't an ultimatum, at least not to me. he just said he wouldn't have sex with her until they were married. i see nothing truly ultimatum-y about that.
and it's important for edward's character and bella's. it shows his old-fashioned values and his overall love for bella. it shows bella's fear of public display and attention.
well he says if you want me to change you then you have to marry me.. I mean it wasnt a very romantic, dinner carriage ride, pops out a ring professes his love and then asks.. he justs says marry me first. i dunno, the one in eclipse was nice.. this one i just wasnt feeling i guess lol i love his 1918 ways ie when he explains that he is "that" guy, just not this particular proposal