Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Im extremely looking forward to the 'scarier Edward'. It will be such a change. I think that they should keep all this coverage a secret, if you know what I mean, and suprise us all in November. The amount of websites ive looked on, seen all the new set & cast pictures im kind of thinking im spoiling it for myself. :cry:
xoxo.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
UnfreakinBelievable

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

FindYourTrueCalling wrote:Im extremely looking forward to the 'scarier Edward'. It will be such a change. I think that they should keep all this coverage a secret, if you know what I mean, and suprise us all in November. The amount of websites ive looked on, seen all the new set & cast pictures im kind of thinking im spoiling it for myself. :cry:
xoxo.
I know, I keep telling myself I'm spoiling the movie for myself -- and then five minutes later I go look at another Twilight website. I have no restraint!!! :D

I really don't think any of us should be worried -- Chris Weitz seems to be doing a great job so far with New Moon, and if he thinks we need to see the scarier side of Edward then bring it on. Rob can pull it off now that he's got better direction and more experience.

Hey, older_twilight_fan, is the dream you're thinking of in Twilight? I'm thinking of the dream where Edward is beckoning to Bella to come further into the woods and I think he has fangs, and then it shows Jacob turning into a wolf and lunging at Edward and Bella is worried about Edward??? It seems like she has this dream right after her first visit to First Beach. (I think I know what I'm talking about -- it's been awhile since I've read it)

The only dream I remember in New Moon is the one where she is wandering in the woods and can't find what she's looking for and she wakes up screaming . . . . but it's been awhile since New Moon too. (I'm not letting myself re-read New Moon until just before the movie comes out --- :mrgreen: )

So anyway, if Mr Weitz wants to add another dream to New Moon I think it will be great, after all it's not like it's a dumb field trip to a greenhouse, and we can see the darker side of Edward. I'm just totally intrigued as to why Bella is having a scarey dream about Edward . . . . can't wait to see!!!
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

I dunno if I'm going crazy but did anyone else hear Rob say in one of those ET interviews that the scene when Bella saves Edward near the end is different than the book, but that fans will like it??? I swear I heard that and to be honest I won't like it, I'll be very disappointed if it's changed to much.
shortstuff wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:
mandyb7 wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:Tim Hortons is a Canadian institution. It's an awesome franchise that sells coffee and pastries and the like. And it's way better than Starbucks.
AMEN! sometimes I go to Starbucks and ask for what I usually get at Tim Hortons, a half hot chocolate half coffee, and the don't know what the hell I'm talking about! I try to explain that it's half a cup filled with hot chocolate and the rest of the cup filled with black coffee but they have no idea how to do that.
speaking of that, everyone must try a medium or large half hot chocolate half coffee from Timmies, it's the best! but not a small, it doesn't taste as good.
Why don't you try a Mocha Latte from Starbucks? It sounds like what you're describing. They're delicious. I can't try Tim Hortons, but I enjoy SBUX and DD. Man this is really off topic. What can I say, I love coffee drinks.
mandyb7 wrote: Taylor actually makes me like Jacob, I do not like the Jacob in the books but I really like the movie Jacob..

I agree. Well I've come around to him while re-reading the saga, but when I first saw the movie I was still Anti-Jacob. Taylor made me like him. I was a little resentful about that. ha. But I think he's great for the part. Much cuter than the Jacob I pictured in my head (minus the bushy hair)....though not nearly as tall.
I'm SO excited to see taylor as jacob.. i was always a jacob fan, and i think taylor's bubbly personality suits him perfectly, and he can still pull off the aggressive wolf side. not to mention taylor is really getting hotter and hotter, lol!
yeah he'll be able to pull it off. He is Jacob, like Rob is Edward, it wouldn't work with any other actor, they would be different characters and they both make the best Jacob and Edward I could possibly imagine.
paulsbeyach wrote:does anyone else cringe when they hear New Moon described as a "Love Triangle?" or about "The girl who was caught in the middle???" UM....Hello??? Are they reading the same book?? Yeah Bella loves Jocob but Not in that way!! Everytime I see that ET lead in I yell at the screen.

yeah I get what you mean and feel the same way but Bella doesn't need to love Jacob for it to be a love triangle, it's still one cuz Jacob loves her, I don't like the idea either lol
The Dark Knight wrote: New Moon as a book is my least favorite. Many agree, my anger toward Edward for leaving is overwhelming at times. You would think a 108 year old would have more common sense. Given all the possiblities, he could have stayed while the other left till she was ready to become one of them. Victoria is still out there, why didn't he see that one coming. He really blew this one.
he blew it BIG TIME! I had a lot of anger too, I actually hated Edward to a degree when he left Bella (haha I'm pretty sure I threw the book after a little while of the all Jacob no Edward) then of course I was dying for him to come back.
Jadey wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote: I hate that she wouldn't marry him. Who wouldn't marry Edward Cullen???
Agreed. I know she was worrying about her age, and what her parents and everyone else would think..
..but then I thought if shes that in love with Edward, then I don't see why those things should matter.

I felt so bad for Eddie. I really want to know what he was thinking at that point.
I would LOVE for a NM in Edward's pov, it would be a very different book and totally amazing
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

FindYourTrueCalling wrote: I think that they should keep all this coverage a secret, if you know what I mean, and suprise us all in November. The amount of websites ive looked on, seen all the new set & cast pictures im kind of thinking im spoiling it for myself. :cry:
xoxo.
i'm having the exact same dilemma... *banging head against wall*
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

FindYourTrueCalling wrote:I think that they should keep all this coverage a secret, if you know what I mean, and suprise us all in November. The amount of websites ive looked on, seen all the new set & cast pictures im kind of thinking im spoiling it for myself. :cry:
xoxo.
I haven't seen any of the coverage. Well, I watched one part but I didn't think it was great so I'm holding myself back. Apart from the actual movie release, the thing I'm looking forward to most are the trailers. I miss those Twilight Tuesdays over at MTV... :(

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

mandyb7 wrote:I dunno if I'm going crazy but did anyone else hear Rob say in one of those ET interviews that the scene when Bella saves Edward near the end is different than the book, but that fans will like it??? I swear I heard that and to be honest I won't like it, I'll be very disappointed if it's changed to much.
I didn't see/hear that but I only saw 2 of them (and I guess they did a 3rd this weekend?) But I REALLY hope NOT. I am looking most forward to see how they do Italy & the Volturi & I really don't think I would like it if they change too much from the book.
If they do I wonder how they could change it? What could make it better than in the book?

addictedbooklover wrote:I haven't seen any of the coverage. Well, I watched one part but I didn't think it was great so I'm holding myself back. Apart from the actual movie release, the thing I'm looking forward to most are the trailers. I miss those Twilight Tuesdays over at MTV... :(

So far I haven't been that impressed w/the coverage either. (at least what ET showed. I have enjoyed some of the pictures on the internet.) I too am looking forward to seeing trailers, that'll give a better idea, I think, of how NM is going to look & what they're doing.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
UnfreakinBelievable

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

pennybug84 wrote:

So far I haven't been that impressed w/the coverage either. (at least what ET showed. I have enjoyed some of the pictures on the internet.) I too am looking forward to seeing trailers, that'll give a better idea, I think, of how NM is going to look & what they're doing.
I just saw on the Lex's news blog that Alphie and Pel are visiting the set -- maybe now we'll get some REAL news!! :P
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Probably not the best place for this, but is anyone else at all concerned about the fact that we stillhaven't heard word one from SM about the Eclipse director? When CW was initially announced as the NM director, we had reassurances from Stephenie almost immediately letting us know that she approved, she was really confident about what he would do with NM, and that he had in fact directed one of her favorite movies. This whole silence from Stephenie just doesn't sit well with me.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I was looking at her site thinking the same thing. Then I thought about the fact that it took her a long time to post anything about Project Book Babe. I am hoping that she just hasn't gotten to it yet!
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote:Probably not the best place for this, but is anyone else at all concerned about the fact that we stillhaven't heard word one from SM about the Eclipse director? When CW was initially announced as the NM director, we had reassurances from Stephenie almost immediately letting us know that she approved, she was really confident about what he would do with NM, and that he had in fact directed one of her favorite movies. This whole silence from Stephenie just doesn't sit well with me.
From what I understand about the guy, he directed 30 Days of Night and Hard Candy. I think Hard Candy had Ellen Page from Juno in it. That's all I know about him. I don't think he has too much experience in the film world and that makes me wonder if he will really learn the nuts & bolts of SM's work and understand the story of Eclipse.

What makes me so ill at ease is the way that Summitt is slamming these films through like cattle to the slaughter house.
Me thinks they are a wee bit hardup for the cha-ching". Can't make quality films when money blinds you.
Smell that? Desperation. Man, I don't know about this. New Moon in November and Eclipse in June of 2010?!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict