Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by twilight1909 »

I wish I could remember where I read this but there was an article with a quote from SM saying that she was excited about the Eclipse director. Something about how David Slade is a "visionary artist." Maybe she thinks it's too early to officially comment about it on her site since the focus is currently on NM.

Speaking of which, I had a really weird and bad dream last night. I was either IN New Moon or watching the movie/trailer. It was a very different story, but there was still no Edward. They turned it into a scary movie and Jacob had a crazy little sister who totally freaked me out.

I thought "this is so wrong, what were they thinking?! they've ruined everything!" right before I woke up.

:|
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

twilight1909 wrote: :lol: your Edward nicknames crack me up.
Priceless.
I must admit, I was particularly proud of Headward.

Jazz Girl, twilight1909, the only comment I've seen from SM was in the press release announcing David Slade as the director:
Summit Press Release wrote:Meyer stated, "I am thrilled that David Slade will be directing ECLIPSE. He's a visionary filmmaker who has so much to offer this franchise. From the beginning, we've been blessed with wonderful directorial talent for the Twilight Saga, and I'm so happy that ECLIPSE will be carrying on with that tradition."
I believe I stated to you elsewhere, Jazz Girl, that I'd gone to my Zen place about it. I've now left my Zen place & am in my WTF place.

Image Image Image
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

akire wrote:
twilight1909 wrote: :lol: your Edward nicknames crack me up.
Priceless.
I must admit, I was particularly proud of Headward.

Jazz Girl, twilight1909, the only comment I've seen from SM was in the press release announcing David Slade as the director:
Summit Press Release wrote:Meyer stated, "I am thrilled that David Slade will be directing ECLIPSE. He's a visionary filmmaker who has so much to offer this franchise. From the beginning, we've been blessed with wonderful directorial talent for the Twilight Saga, and I'm so happy that ECLIPSE will be carrying on with that tradition."
I believe I stated to you elsewhere, Jazz Girl, that I'd gone to my Zen place about it. I've now left my Zen place & am in my WTF place.
I'm sorry...I must not be seeing clearly..Wonderful directoral talent from the beginning of the Twilight Saga?? What is she saying? You can say a lot about CH, but she did not prove herself as directoral talent in my opinion. She took a wonderful story, and made it into something that was...well...not. *Totally stunned*
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I know this should be in the Twi movie thread but I need to say some things about catherine.

But I was watching the dvd commentary, and there was one part where Kellan was eating. I know that the vamps ate occasiionally to 'keep up appearances' but when Rob brought it up, he sounded astonished. Catherine was just like "ya he was totally eating" like it wasn't a big deal.
And through the movie she was like "yaa we just did this coz it looked coool yeaaaaa!" ..like she didn't follow the script or anything. She didn't take it seriously. She sounded like she was on drugs.

And apparently she changed a lot of the original script that Melissa had written.

Now Chris. Chrissy chris chris. I love Chris.
Hes so handsome. And smart. And knows what hes doing. And hes taking this seriously.
+ hes HANDSOME. And his voice is dreamy.
I have a crush on him :oops:
heeeheee
He looks gorgeous on thisET vid.

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
di0772
Settled in Forks

Post by di0772 »

I'm really worried about New Moon. Considering how poorly written/directed take your pick. Some say Catherine changed everything and some say Melissa stuffed up the script was done and then you here sneak peaks from ET and such that they have changed even more. I'm wondering if any of the storyline will be left. I think they should sack everyone, throw Twilight in the trash and start all over and make it they way it should have been done in the first place.
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

pennybug84 wrote:
mandyb7 wrote:I dunno if I'm going crazy but did anyone else hear Rob say in one of those ET interviews that the scene when Bella saves Edward near the end is different than the book, but that fans will like it??? I swear I heard that and to be honest I won't like it, I'll be very disappointed if it's changed to much.
I didn't see/hear that but I only saw 2 of them (and I guess they did a 3rd this weekend?) But I REALLY hope NOT. I am looking most forward to see how they do Italy & the Volturi & I really don't think I would like it if they change too much from the book.
If they do I wonder how they could change it? What could make it better than in the book?
yeah I really hope they didn't change it, the end is the best and if it is changed dramatically like Twilight I'll be annoyed (it's bad enough they took out the airport scene from Twi, that was one of my faves). Unless Rob is right and that they changed it (hopefully not too much) and actually made it better than the book and we will actually like it.
I was thinking the exact same thing! what could make it better than the book. I don't see how that's possible though (okay so maybe they could make it visually better but how could actually changing the events/way it happens to a better story than what Stephanie wrote).
but I remember in an interview Rob saying he wouldn't want them to change the reveal scene when Bella saves Edward, he thought it was good and should be kept the same as the book so if he says it's changed a bit but the fans will like it, if he approves, then maybe it will be really good. haha I'll hold Rob to it.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

akire wrote:
That's it! That's where I saw it. Let me correct myself - she thinks he's a visionary filmmaker.
I could not DISagree more with her last statement. As for Slade, I've only seen 30 Days of Night and I didn't care for it. I don't want to compare his potential for Eclipse with a horror film though. Who knows.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

akire wrote:I believe I stated to you elsewhere, Jazz Girl, that I'd gone to my Zen place about it. I've now left my Zen place & am in my WTF place.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAA!!! :lol: Oh, Akire. This might be my new favorite quote!!!! Come visit the Robward thread. You can borrow my Zen place later.... :lol:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jadey wrote:I know this should be in the Twi movie thread but I need to say some things about catherine.

But I was watching the dvd commentary, and there was one part where Kellan was eating. I know that the vamps ate occasiionally to 'keep up appearances' but when Rob brought it up, he sounded astonished. Catherine was just like "ya he was totally eating" like it wasn't a big deal.
And through the movie she was like "yaa we just did this coz it looked coool yeaaaaa!" ..like she didn't follow the script or anything. She didn't take it seriously. She sounded like she was on drugs.

And apparently she changed a lot of the original script that Melissa had written.

Everything to CH was "hippy-cool, man" *gives a peace sign* She made me sick listening to her and looking at her in her past interviews. :x
I still hold both of them responsible.

I agree with TL1909's statement re: SM's remark alluding to CH as visionary. Excuse me while I cough up lunch! :evil:

On a lighter note, glad to hear about SM's kudos to David Slade. Two films does not make a guaranteed, solid film maker though. I hope he does justice with Eclipse. First we need to get through CW's trial by fire with New Moon. /shrugs.
Last edited by navarre on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Maybe the comment about CH being "visionary" meant she pictured things in a "drug-induced haze..."

(Kidding, totally kidding.)