Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by Lunna-san »

DumBumm wrote::oops: Sorry guys , i was only joking.

To me, the only reason they chose the cast they got is because of looks... but of course know ones gonna care, just as long as we all fantasize over all of them.

Just like Solomon Trimble got replace,
Just as Jamie Campbell Bower is playing Caius...
And im going to have to agree with FindYourTrueCalling... Kristen Stewart as bella.
Dakota as jane, just because she was over exposed as jane from the media!!

I can bet you all once New moon is out every one is going to be team Caius... which really sucks for the fans who already were, (you know... the book Caius, not the movie Caius)

its not about acting, its all about looks in twilight movies!!

Hmm, thats why i adore HP, great actors!! ;)
It's okay, I got carried away and freaked out for no reason. :oops:

I just think... of course this is none of my business... that you could chill a bit about a few things regarding the cast, like mrsedwardcullen said? Because we have to wait until Novemeber to the release of the movie. It's a long time to go whining over the cast and Solomon Trimble. I understand you feel frustrated because your favorite character is not going to be played by the actress you had in mind. It's a frustration that I can understand and I share. But I really don't see the point of carring this signature of yours, for example. For me, this is spoiling the whole experience of the movie in advance. It's pure prejudice. And this helps nothing.

They chose two nice actors to play Jane and Alec and the rest of the Volturi. Actors that will give the movie, not only a bigger audience, but also credibility. They put really good people involved with this project. And this is very important. For us. Twilight Saga must be showed properly, not like some indy movie, with low budget and bad special effects. I want the haters see a kicking butt actor like Michael Sheen and Dakotta Fanning and say "Wow, if they are on this, it must be good!". Unknown actors have the same chance of screwing up as well known actors. And they got the right mixture of appearance and competence in their choices.

It must be a reason for Caius be younger... I think the contrast between him and Michael Sheen's maturity very interesting for the effect the Volturi will have on people. And, seriously, there are so many lovely men to be gushing over... Jaime is just another one. And Caius is a detestable man. I don't see Team Caius girls and, seriously, who cares? Let the posers act stupid. We can't control this, as we can't control who they cast or what they do.All we can do is to cheer for them do their best and we get a better result than Twilight. But it's just a movie.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

It says they named Sam Uley LAKOTA in NM!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0141208/

They are going to call him LAKOTA? *stomps off*
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
mrs_edwardc
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs_edwardc »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:It says they named Sam Uley LAKOTA in NM!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0141208/

They are going to call him LAKOTA? *stomps off*
lol, yeah i mentioned this a while back:
mrs_edwardc wrote:woah guys, i just found this clip of michael sheen (aka Aro of the Volturi [YAY!] :D ) and its way creepy...:

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainme ... story.html

and for those like me who want a full-up-to-date of all the actors casted and their parts (other than the originals from Twilight), here u go:

The VERY sexy paul: Alex Meraz
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xdFXCgr-fhY/S ... meraz2.JPG
lol, he needed his own link ;)

and basically all the others is up @ the imdb site:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259571/fullcredits#cast

im just confused as to why sam uley is called "Lakota"....
Chaske Spencer ... Lakota is what it says

and apparently this chick Noot Seear is also casted,
http://twilightbookaddicts.files.wordpr ... heidi1.jpg
my guess is as Heidi? adn btw isnt she the girl Rpatzz was rumoured to be dating???
but i think its just a spelling mistake, probably some reference to DAkota? accidental i guess.
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Post by CopperHead »

DumBumm wrote::oops: Sorry guys , i was only joking.

To me, the only reason they chose the cast they got is because of looks... but of course know ones gonna care, just as long as we all fantasize over all of them.

Just like Solomon Trimble got replace,
Just as Jamie Campbell Bower is playing Caius...
And im going to have to agree with FindYourTrueCalling... Kristen Stewart as bella.
Dakota as jane, just because she was over exposed as jane from the media!!

I can bet you all once New moon is out every one is going to be team Caius... which really sucks for the fans who already were, (you know... the book Caius, not the movie Caius)

its not about acting, its all about looks in twilight movies!!

Hmm, thats why i adore HP, great actors!! ;)
That's pretty much how any movie goes, unless the role(s) call for plain or homely actors or some other factor. But yeah you're right, looks matter Twilight movies, and luckily its vampires are naturally beautiful. When they say "sex sells," they are telling the absolute truth. I'm pretty much tripping over my feet over they guy the cast as Demetri :P

But you have to have faith in the filmmakers, and I'm really beginning to now that they have signed on the likes of Michael Sheen, he is a fantastic actor. I don't know much about Chris Weitz, but he seems to have his head screwed on better than Catherine Hardwicke, who I believe was only interested in the sex appeal of Twilight.

As far as who they cast for Caius, I'm trying to reserve judgment. Who knows, he could've won the part because of his audition. Caius is not a real sex symbol of the series and I don't believe they would pick just any pretty face for him. Homeboy brought the chops is what I think.

And so what if they market Dakota Fanning from here to Istanbul? It won't ruin my movie experience I'll tell you that much.
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

His name is Sam Uley not Lakota!
Is this wrong on imdb?
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

They listed him as Lakota, but Lakota is actually his heritage. I am pretty sure that whoever entered it in IMDB was reading the Summit Press Release and wasn't really paying attention to what they were typing.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
Jen_Cullen_31343
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jen_Cullen_31343 »

dopeydm wrote:They listed him as Lakota, but Lakota is actually his heritage. I am pretty sure that whoever entered it in IMDB was reading the Summit Press Release and wasn't really paying attention to what they were typing.

Probably. IMDB usually has mistakes..
TEAM EDWARD!

BECAUSE JACOB DOESN'T SPARKLE =]
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Jen_Cullen_31343 wrote:
dopeydm wrote:They listed him as Lakota, but Lakota is actually his heritage. I am pretty sure that whoever entered it in IMDB was reading the Summit Press Release and wasn't really paying attention to what they were typing.

Probably. IMDB usually has mistakes..
yeah it still has a lot of the cast as "rumoured", when theyve come and gone from the set, lol. :lol:
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

How about the Voltari,

it would be great to play Felix or Demetrius....

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
mrs0cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by mrs0cullen »

ok, well my friends mom's friend's grandson is playing embry in New Moon. ISN'T THAT AWESOME!!!!!!! i could totally get a look on the set if i begged hard enough.
TWILIGHT
giving hope to clumsy girls everywhere...including me