Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by rjupiter »

the only thing I think of when I see that poster, and I am going to date myself a bit here, is Pretty In Pink , and we can all guess who Duckie is. (and knowing MR that is probably how the movie will end up being like)
redmist
Settled in Forks

Post by redmist »

CopperHead wrote:Anyhoo, AnaB made a remake that I like much better. Unfortunately she couldn't get Taylor some legs, and Kristen still looks horrible.
As I was saying before this looks like it was the original photo but they have switched it for the poster. ;)
Cheers,
Tony.
Redmist
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

CopperHead wrote:I got one thing to say 'bout that official poster: copy-and-paste heaven. They don't seem to be blending with their scenery as well as they could.

Okay maybe two things. Kristen is just too UGH! Her makeup is waaay too heroin-chic for my tastes. Why is she even made up so much? I'd expect her to look more haggard considering Bella's supposed to be in the darkest period of her life. But I must say, they did a fine job on Rob. It also looks like they're keeping with the orange-brown tones.

edit: I'm sorry, but I gotta add more. While Edward looks awesome, WHY THE HECK IS HE IN THE FRONT, PRETTY MUCH COVERING THE TWO WHICH SHOULD BE THE BIGGER ROLES IN THIS FILM AT LEAST!!!???!!!

This poster proves all those suits over at Summit see when they see our beloved saga is a big, morbidly obese cash cow. They could care less about the integrity of the story. I mean, despite all the flaws we pointed out in Twilight most of us still bought the dang movie when it came out on DVD. Even if most of us end up hating NM we'll still have paid the friggin cash to see it, and we'll buy that DVD. Money is all that matters to those stupid, low-life...I'm gonna stop there.

Yeesh, I never thought one poster would set me off like this. Please somebody, could you spare a word of comfort? I'm wigging out over here!
Easy does it, CopperHead, easy does it. :lol:
Seriously, I feel your pain, after Twilight, I have a hard time trusting how Summitt will handle NM but I still want to hope that CW has done the book justice. Take a deep breath for a moment and let's just see what happens.
Oh, at the MTV Movie Awards on 5/31, they will show an official clip from the movie. In case nobody knew that - I just learned about it on E!News.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Post by CopperHead »

Thanks a heaps navarre! :D But you know how the official stuff is "supposed" to be the superior stuff? Seriously, alot of fan art I've come across looks way better than this.
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

OKay..here is the thing folks..It is just a movie poster..I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up about it. We have seen pics from the set of NM and of course Bella does not look as glamorous in the actually movie as she does on the poster..

Anyways..Its just a poster guys..it doesn't need to be over-analyzed.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

^^ Gii... I get what you're saying... but isn't the reason we're here to talk ALL this stuff to death?? :lol:

That being said... Kstew looks fab but I wish Taylor looked... bigger, ya know?

Image Image Image
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^Really? I think Taylor looks awesome, it's Kristen who's off to me. I mean, there is NO WAY that Bella would EVER be that made-up without Alice around. And she doesn't look pained to me, just bored.
But I guess it is the movie that counts...
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

debussygirl wrote:^^Really? I think Taylor looks awesome, it's Kristen who's off to me. I mean, there is NO WAY that Bella would EVER be that made-up without Alice around. And she doesn't look pained to me, just bored.

Honestly, I think your banner says it all for me. It is freakin' awesome! Haunting & beautiful - what with a ghostly Edward holding on to his Bella, becoming a memory......

I loooooove it, darlin'!!! :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

navarre wrote:
debussygirl wrote:^^Really? I think Taylor looks awesome, it's Kristen who's off to me. I mean, there is NO WAY that Bella would EVER be that made-up without Alice around. And she doesn't look pained to me, just bored.

Honestly, I think your banner says it all for me. It is freakin' awesome! Haunting & beautiful - what with a ghostly Edward holding on to his Bella, becoming a memory......

I loooooove it, darlin'!!! :D

ha ha, I didn't notice but yeah debussygirl 's banner is a better take on the NM ideal.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I just wanted there to be more of him, I guess. More of a presence. He looks good, I just wanted him to be noticeably larger than Edward even considering the perspective.

Image Image Image