Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by Jadey »

I thought the poster was gunna be dramatic...
..taylor running... bella jumping.... edward looking evil....

instead, they're standing there.
But I love their facial expressions and stances.
Overall, its okay. Not fantastic, not crappy. Just okay.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

G-Faerie08 wrote:OKay..here is the thing folks..It is just a movie poster..I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up about it. We have seen pics from the set of NM and of course Bella does not look as glamorous in the actually movie as she does on the poster..

Anyways..Its just a poster guys..it doesn't need to be over-analyzed.

G-Faerie08, I really love how you merged the tulip with the poster - well done!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

That reminds me- I wonder if they'll work the NM book cover into the movie.

My opinion, best place to do it would be the birthday party. Have Bella fall into (or pushed into) a vase of tulips, then someone (Edward?) picks up a flower that got her blood on it. :)
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

^ Good idea. They had the apple in twilight. I hope they do put in the cover somehow, continue a theme - it wouldn't be hard to do.

I like the poster, it's not perfect, but there are going to be more, right? :D
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I liked the poster for the most part. Like everyone's said not perfect but okay. It's definitely better than the Twilight one.

Now I want to see some pictures or a poster of the Volturi, that's what I'm most looking forward to.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

pennybug- I agree!! Can't wait for all the Volturi together, too. I liked the poster with the wolf pack, but I want to see all the wolves together on a poster as well...with Taylor!

Thank you Naureen!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

akire wrote:
debussygirl wrote:^^Really? I think Taylor looks awesome, it's Kristen who's off to me. I mean, there is NO WAY that Bella would EVER be that made-up without Alice around. And she doesn't look pained to me, just bored.
But I guess it is the movie that counts...
I just wanted there to be more of him, I guess. More of a presence. He looks good, I just wanted him to be noticeably larger than Edward even considering the perspective.
Ooooh, I thought you meant physically.
Yeah, I definitely think it should've been Taylor and Kristen in front.
I want the Volturi posters as well!! I think they'll be so cool and frightening. I can imagine using them at halloween.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

akire wrote:^^ Gii... I get what you're saying... but isn't the reason we're here to talk ALL this stuff to death?? :lol:
You know what, you are absolutely right. I don't know how I could have forgotten!! :lol:

And thank you for the compliment Navarre. I am trying to get really good at using my photoshop program..I honestly couldn't tell you how I did it because I just press buttons and all kinds of stuff.

Anyways..I can't wait to see what other posters they are going to come out with..I really cannot wait until we get to see a trailer..Also I had a question that you guys may know..I have only read the books once, but I was trying to remember if Jacob had cut his hair in NM? Like it matters because I know they change stuff around like they did with James' hair and stuff..
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Jacob does cut his hair in New Moon, if I recall correctly. Right after he experiences his first phase. I believe Bella makes a note of it when she sees him for the first time since the movie...
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

^^ Yes, rings, that's right. Makes me wonder if he's going to phase for the first time relatively early in the movie. I can't imagine that they would put him on the poster looking differently than he does in the majority of the film. Or maybe they decided the wig looks like crap -- although IMHO it looks better than in NM.

Actually, now that I think about it further that is prob just how Jake looks at the end of the book/movie -- the only time we are going to see Edward & Jacob on the screen together.
debussygirl wrote:Ooooh, I thought you meant physically.
Yeah, I definitely think it should've been Taylor and Kristen in front.
I want the Volturi posters as well!! I think they'll be so cool and frightening. I can imagine using them at halloween.
I guess I meant both -- more about him on the poster & therefore more of him on the poster.

Image Image Image