Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nikki--
Settled in Forks

Re: New moon: Favorite lines in the movie

Post by Nikki-- »

paula_bnsnt wrote:I have a question for the movie experts! I've seen it only once so I might be forgetting something, but I was watching the trailers yesterday and there's one scene in Bella's house where Jacob says to someone (I imagine Alice) "Don't get me upset."
I don't remember seeing that in the movie! did they cut it or did I just forget I saw it? 'Cause that was a good line!!
That's in there! He says "don't get me upset" and then "things are going to get very ugly" to Alice.
Swan
Settled in Forks

Post by Swan »

"You've already chosen not to live without her. I won't lose my son." - Carlisle

And everything Aro had to say. He was incredible!
At midday we stumble as if it were twilight; among the strong, we are like the dead. Isaiah 59:10

Then Jonathan said to David: "Tomorrow is the New Moon festival." 1 Samuel 20:18

Its kingdom fell into sudden eclipse. Rev. 16:10
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

Nikki-- wrote:
paula_bnsnt wrote:I have a question for the movie experts! I've seen it only once so I might be forgetting something, but I was watching the trailers yesterday and there's one scene in Bella's house where Jacob says to someone (I imagine Alice) "Don't get me upset."
I don't remember seeing that in the movie! did they cut it or did I just forget I saw it? 'Cause that was a good line!!
That's in there! He says "don't get me upset" and then "things are going to get very ugly" to Alice.
Ok thanks! lol I'll just have to go again now :roll:
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

^^^^^^^^LOl. You say that like its a bad thing. :lol:
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

Yes! It was sarcasm! Bazingaaa!!!

Just to stay in topic, I wanted to support everyone's favoriteness (making up words...) for Bella saying "Shut up!" to Edward in the voting scene! It was so funny and it's not unlike her to shut him up when he gets annoying... And in general, I loved that scene, especially because the way they stand makes Bella part of the family, when Carlisle steps up and speaks, and Bella turns around to face Edward. She's already a Cullen in that scene!! heartbeat or no heartbeat
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
topfrog007
Settled in Forks

Post by topfrog007 »

"I don't know why I'm dating such an old man... It's gross."

That was totally the best line, I LOL'd when Bella said that.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Mike: Are you even old enough to watch this movie?
Jacob: She's buying my ticket
then that face that Kristen made when she told them "it's just us three"

Jacob: "It's 108 degrees over here."

Bella: You're hot... (everybody in theater was laughing at that one.)

Jacob: "I'd run away with you, if I could."
That bedroom scene was so sweet when he gave Bella that famous Jacob hug. I wished MS had Kristen say "Jake, can't breathe." afterwards though.

I still love that look that Jacob gave Edward when he was hugging Bella after he gave her the dream catcher.

I also wished MS had some "sure, sure" lines in there for Jacob. That was his famous response!
themeadow
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by themeadow »

I've seen it four times already... I have loads so get ready... ;)

The opening line when Bella quotes Romeo & Juliet that's at the front of the book. Chris Weitz had me sold on the movie in that moment <3.

"I don't know why I'm dating such an old man, its gross. I should be thoroughly repulsed." LOL.

"Hey, Jasper. No fair with the mood control thing!"..."Sorry Bella. Happy...nevermind."

The whole scene when Edward quotes Romeo...sad but so lovely.

"Dating an older woman, hot." and "I vote hell yeah!" <3 Emmett.

"I don't know why you wanted to watch a movie about zombies and no hot guys kissing anyone. If that's supposed to draw a parallel about leprosy, my cousin had it. It's not funny." and "Um, what the hell were you thinking? Just curious."

""Hey, Bella! Where you been loca?!?" :)

"Age is just a number, baby. What are you like 40 now?"

"My ??? and knowledge base make me older because of your general paleness and lack of know-how."

"Sometimes you've gotta learn to love what's good for you."

"Alice...when you left, and he left, you took everything. I don't know who to talk to, I'm lost. But the absence of him is everywhere I look, its like a huge hole has been punched through my chest. But in a way I'm glad, because the pain is the only reminder that he was real. That you all were."

"So, Bella's back?!? So listen now that your talking and eating again, gotta get that protein in there, I was wondering if you wanted to go to a movie with me?" Haha such typical Mike. Mumbling over the last part of that sentence. heh.

"Put your gun down or I'm gunna blow you're freakin head off!"

"These are trade secrets! Dammit! This chick runs with vampires!"..."You can't really run with vampires, cuz they're fast." "Yeah, well we're faster!"

"Bella...Que Quowle." Gah! I am totally Team Edward but this was so sweet!

"As soon as you put the dog out."

"Heaven."

"I never acted out of guilt. I just couldn't live in a world where you don't exist." and "Because it doesn't make sense, for you to love me. I'm human. Nothing. Just human" and "Bella, you're everything to me. Everything."

"Jake...I love you. So please, don't make me choose. Cuz it'll be him. It's always been him."

"I have one condition, and then forever."..."that's what I'm asking."..."Marry me."
These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^thank you for your list. some of those I couldn't remember exactly

One I liked was at the Cullen house and Edward says "It's my job to protect you." I don't remember what exactly happened next or what but then he says something like "But I can't protect you from my sister." It was great I loved it. And it's so true! Gotta love Alice.

I can't wait to see it again so I can remember better some of the lines. Hopefully later this week :D
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

You know, Bella telling RObert to shut up and him listening means he's totally whipped. Which is why I laughed at that scene.

Hehe, pretty much anything Charlie said made me laugh. I'll post specifics once I see it again... Eventually...