Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightfans5
Settled in Forks

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by twilightfans5 »

ringswraith wrote:You think my post was bad?

When it came time for Edward to strip, my younger niece leans over to me and whispers "Pay attention to his nipples."

Me: "What?"

Her: "Just look." Then, reveal. "See? They don't look right!"

I hope Mr. Pattinson reads this at some point, because I defended his nipples. "I think it's just all the makeup and lightning and CGI." Then later, after the fight, where Felix has him in a chokehold, I lean over to her and say "See? They look just fine there."

We were still having this discussion when we left the theater (after pausing to watch the rest of the movie of course). My older niece defused the situation by saying "And then we have Taylor, who's got tiny little nipples on his pecs. They're just tiny round things." (She even made a motion of indicating on her chest where they were on his pecs.) :lol:

I love my family. :D

Oh and Vi- tell your mom she rocks. ;)

Hoping I did the quote thing right. But OMG I had this same arguement with a few of my friends. They were saying Robs nipple is bigger than the other. It drove me crazy and i had to prove to them it was the lighting and makeup. His nipples are just fine. Nobody better pick on my Edward or Rob!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Sannois wrote:
sparkling90 wrote:The Bella as a vampire scene seemed out of character to me. The clothing really didn't make sense. Many people laughed at this scene in my theater! I think it's just too "two lovers run through a meadow holding hands" for me.
I have to make one more comment, I have to drag out breaking Dawn, but I think Bella whas awearing some white dress that Alice dressed her in right after she became a vampire, Because she comments on how it gets shredded. when Edward and her are out hunting. So that scene rang true for me. I could be wrong, will have to go look it up.
It was a blue cocktail dress. Besides, the scene couldn't have been from Breaking Dawn because through all of Breaking Dawn, Bella's eyes are red. In that scene they were gold, which means it must have been post BD.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
bluestocking_girl
Settled in Forks

Post by bluestocking_girl »

Wow. I just saw it this afternoon, and I LOVED it! Seriously. To be honest, I hated Twilight (the movie); it was just... the acting, the special effects, there was lots of stuff that bugged me about it. But New Moon! Aah! I'm going to buy the DVD when it comes out, this was amazing!

I thought that the acting was much improved, particularly Kristen's. In the first movie she seemed so uptight and very un-Bella; in this one she seemed to loosen up a bit. I could definitely connect to her as Bella, and not Kristen Stewart. (That's my thing about acting-- the actor should become invisible. All the audience should see is the character.) And I could definitely feel the romance in the first and the last parts of the movie, whereas with Twilight it just seemed so stiff and unnatural.

The wolves were awesome. OK, confession: I am TERRIFIED of the Gumorck in the Neverending Story movie (anybody see that as a kid?). Literally. He gives me nightmares to this day. So in the scene where the wolves show up to do Laurent in, and the first thing you see is the big black wolf (pretty sure that was Sam), oh man oh man oh man, I had my fist against my mouth for that whole scene.

Things I didn't like:

I thought the scene in the elevator was a bit weird-- with Bella, Edward, Alice, Jane, Felix, and Demetri-- and opera music. I actually laughed out loud there.

The ending was weird. I mean, it just totally cut out; it didn't have a definitive ending. It just cut to the credits and I was like, "That's it? That's the end?"

Charlie's reaction was a bit... anticlimactic. "Never do that to me again, Bells... and you're grounded for the rest of your life." He didn't seem that angry at all, which just didn't seem like the character.

But overall, those were minor issues compared to the amazing awesomeness of the movie as a whole. I think I can honestly say that the movie did the book justice. Yay! XD
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Sannois wrote:Second WHEN is somone going to give KS acting lessons?? For gods sake she never cried through the whole thing. Somone who is so crushed and broken hearted, Please, she looks constipated . Heavy breathing and cringing. Not a wet eye ever.

I agree with this. Kristen didn't have a tear in her eye the entire movie.
The closest time she did was when she left Jacob by her truck after she sees Carlisle's car, when she nearly bumped into Alice, her eyes were watery. And the other part (she wasn't crying but the rain and red nose [probably from the cold weather], helped) was when Jacob was telling her they can no longer be friends.

I know KS has cried in movies before, I've seen her cry in Adventureland, I think she cried in the Messengers, and also Speak (though the last 2 movies, I haven't seen in quite some time... if anybody can clarify for sure if she cried in those movies, please do.)

So i do not know why she has a hard time crying in Twilight or New Moon. New Moon was suppose to be the most gut wrenching of the movies for Bella as it was in the book.

I have a feeling that sometimes in scenes with Rob, she tends to get a bit timid in her acting and comes across stiff at times. i don't know whether it's because in real life she has feelings for him. Now this is just my guess as to why I think she doesn't really want to be too overtly emotional with him. So please do not say that I'm insinuating anything about their personal life here.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I just reread New Moon and I'm pretty sure Bella actually doesn't cry that much. She does at the end when she's back with Edward, I know that for sure, but that was cut so short in the movie. And I believe after her and Jacob "break up"... but remember she's numb throughout this story.

She'll HAVE to cry in Eclipse.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

switzgal wrote:
Sannois wrote:Second WHEN is somone going to give KS acting lessons?? For gods sake she never cried through the whole thing. Somone who is so crushed and broken hearted, Please, she looks constipated . Heavy breathing and cringing. Not a wet eye ever.

The closest time she did was when she left Jacob by her truck after she sees Carlisle's car, when she nearly bumped into Alice, her eyes were watery. And the other part (she wasn't crying but the rain and red nose [probably from the cold weather], helped) was when Jacob was telling her they can no longer be friends.

I know KS has cried in movies before, I've seen her cry in Adventureland, I think she cried in the Messengers, and also Speak (though the last 2 movies, I haven't seen in quite some time... if anybody can clarify for sure if she cried in those movies, please do.)

So i do not know why she has a hard time crying in Twilight or New Moon. New Moon was suppose to be the most gut wrenching of the movies for Bella as it was in the book.

I have a feeling that sometimes in scenes with Rob, she tends to get a bit timid in her acting and comes across stiff at times. i don't know whether it's because in real life she has feelings for him. Now this is just my guess as to why I think she doesn't really want to be too overtly emotional with him. So please do not say that I'm insinuating anything about their personal life here.
It is absolutely possible to be so crushed, so heartbroken, and so lost that you can't cry. Crying takes too much effort, and makes things too real. It is easier and safer to completely disconnect. That is what I have always felt from Bella. After all, we never really read about Bella having a crying fit. We find out after the fact(Charlie's conversation with Alice) that there was a breakdown when Renee came to get Bella. But we don't see that scene. I think Kristen captured Bella's heartbreak and desolation perfectly.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

switzgal wrote:

Most of Bella's crying occurs when she's crying herself to sleep AFTER having started the Edward hallucinations. That's not exactly something they have a lot of time to show in the movies. I think (don't remember entirely) that she started to cry in the Jacob break up scene, but quickly dried it up, or controlled it. I agree with Amanda Beth, she's supposed to be numb. She got it all out of the way in her break down and in the night time when she couldn't shield herself from it. Even when Edward is giving her his going away speech, she's surprised at herself for how rational she sounds, despite how horrible she feels. She's fighting with her self-knowledge that she's not good enough for Edward and she's lucky it lasted that long. It doesn't hit her in those scenes.

I think the main point is that Kristen Stewart still looked numb, sad, broken, depleted. That was the more important aspect. Those were her dominant characteristics during that whole terrible saga.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

Ok, I was planning on waiting to see the movie in a week or two when, the theaters arent so crowded and/or earlier in the afternoon when "fangirls" are probably in school. But on a spur of the moment descision i went to see it yesterday.

I LOVED it!! it was great and i liked that they stayed true to the story (as best as they could) and the stuff that was left out was not too bad. I kinda cracked up at the end, it was classic Bella.....speechless and completely afraid of marriage. I sorta wish that they had done the apology and the proposal in the bedroom would have made them both more intimate, but oh well cant get everything. I thought that Alice's vision was a combination of foreshadowing BD and Alice being Alice, cause the dress isnt exactly the right color but thats just a minor detail anyway. Thats just my two cents, overall I'm very happy with the movie everything was great the wolves, Charlie(i kinda chuckled to myself at his birthday comment "is that a gray hair" and then Bellas like "NO WAY" and jumps up and checks the mirror :lol: ), Jake " What a marshmellow" :lol:, Harry, Quil :lol:. Oh and Jasper "I vote yes. I'd like to be able to not want to kill you anymore" :lol:
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I'm so dieing to go see it again.....
maybe saturday....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

lmao I can't believe you were discussing nipples!

and regarding Kristen not crying... I think it's a better way to express the kind of pain she was on. Crying is just what a normal girl does in a normal break-up, but Bella's is not a normal break-up. Like Kristen explained in her interviews, it's death. So if she had been just crying, like what's normal, it wouldn't have showed how that break-up was as painful as nothing else ever seen.

So no reaction at all, no tears, but 'zombieness' instead. When you cry you're dealing with your pain. Bella didn't want to deal with it in the book. Ok, she did cry in the books but that's not the way she meant to deal with the situation, it happened when she lost control of herself.

So I think it was great she didn't cry in the movie. It was exactly the right way to show how destroyed she was by the break-up.
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix