New Moon official movie soundtrack

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: New Moon official movie soundtrack

Post by bored by the sea »

dazzel21 wrote:When I listened to it before New Moon was out I don't like some of the soundtrack but after the movie comes out I can't get the song Monster out of my mind. Every time I hear that song I automatically think of Edward getting out of his car and walking gorgeously with a big smile towards me...*sigh* :oops:
:o i automatically loved the soundtrack but i guess thats becuase its the kind of music that im into. and yeah couldnt agree more about the whole seeing Edward walking from the car with the wind blowing, everytime i hear Hurricane Bells- monster. *sigh* indeed
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

bored by the sea wrote:
dazzel21 wrote:When I listened to it before New Moon was out I don't like some of the soundtrack but after the movie comes out I can't get the song Monster out of my mind. Every time I hear that song I automatically think of Edward getting out of his car and walking gorgeously with a big smile towards me...*sigh* :oops:
:o i automatically loved the soundtrack but i guess thats becuase its the kind of music that im into. and yeah couldnt agree more about the whole seeing Edward walking from the car with the wind blowing, everytime i hear Hurricane Bells- monster. *sigh* indeed
Well I'm so into the soundtrack now... :lol:

Hope the Eclipse soundtrack is much better.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I really like it the first time I heard it. I purchased it before the movie. I have such a wide range of taste in music. It definitely is calming music that relaxes me while I am driving.
Banner by TammyAZ
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

SNAP!!! I tried to listen to it a couple of times and it seemed almost depressing, but I kept trying after seeing the film and now I love it!!! I'm a bit stuck when it comes to music, I tend to find out about bands etc when they've given up or have passed that 'current' stage, so Twilight and New Moon have opened my ears to some fantastic new bands (new to me anyway :? ). I esp love Muse now, and on the NM soundtrack i loved Monsters, and like you I see Edward walking in slo-mo, with his hair wobbling as he takes each step, and his cheeky little smile :lol: :oops:
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

dazzel21 wrote:Well I'm so into the soundtrack now... :lol:

Hope the Eclipse soundtrack is much better.
good good :lol: yeah i cannot wait for the eclipse soundtrack :D
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I'm a little disappointed that they did not keep the song for Bella's Lullaby in New Moon. I listen to a lot of musical scores and soundtracks at work. Can't have the distraction of music with a lot of words, so I stick to those sound tracks like LoTR's, Harry Potter, and now Twilight. I thought Bella's Lullaby was a beautiful, emotional piece of music. Even my teenage sons noticed that song before I ever read the books and could tell them what it was. It left an impression...
The story behind the song impressed me also and knowing that Carter Burwell gave it to us for Bella's Lullaby, tugs on your heart strings a little more.
I personally didn't like the New Moon soundtrack or score as much as Twilight. One is for the reason above, the other is that a lot of the songs sounded similar, and I don't particulary care for that type of sound. I liked Possibility, Roslyn...there were a couple of others that weren't bad, but generally just not my type of music.
I know that the taste of music changes over time. I'll hear a song one day and not like it, but then in 6 months I may see a whole different meaning for it.
I'll try listening to it more...who knows...maybe I'll find some redeeming quality to help me forgive them for not keeping the Lullaby throughout the movies.
Grayce
ManyNewMoons
Settled in Forks

Post by ManyNewMoons »

The soundtrack is amazing.

Lykke Li?? "Possibility" It's almost like you can hear the strain in Bella's voice..."Tell me can you hear my heart now" It's breathtaking.

Death Cab, Grizzly Bear and Sea Wolf are also really famous in the Indie world and I thought she did a great job with using artists most people don't know.

Bella & Edwards love is original, why wouldn't the songs be too?
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

The New Moon soundtrack is my favourite of the soundtracks. I love Possibility for that scene, and the Sea Wolf song is amazing. Band of Skulls Friends is pretty epic, too.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Kat_Mac ~ I loved the NM soundtrack. I was going to type my favorite and realized it is more than half the soundtrack. lol I know some felt it was ok but the tone of the music was perfect for the mood of NM.
Banner by TammyAZ
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Absolutely, I think out of all the soundtracks the New Moon soundtrack is my favourite. So many of the songs were just spot on.