Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardorbust
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon movie--liked it, but didn't like this scene/lin

Post by edwardorbust »

Overall, I ejoyed the movie. The only thing I was seriously dissapointed with was when Bella slaps Paul. First of all, the only wolf she is supposed to hit is Jacob. Second, it didn't even seem to hurt her. Third, Jared seems to think its funny even when he sees that Paul is about to phase with the whole "too late now" line. Especially after what they know about Paul's temper and what happened to Emily. Not to mention that with their mind link they know what it would do to Jacob if anything happened to Bella. I just think that moment should have been more serious for all of the wolf pack.
Other than that I enjoyed it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
saw93
Wandering Through Town

Post by saw93 »

I agree with you edwardorbust person bella's hand was supposed to be broken.
The seens i overall disliked were the ones of bella screaming because of nightmares. It all looked a little fake to me. also an overall thing i didnt like about the movie was there should have been more of bella's thoughts. In new moon a large part of the book was bellas feelings and how hurt she was about looseing edward.How she felt like she was litterally falling apart. For those ppl who havent read the book they wouldnt understand the depth of her depression from the way they portrayed it in the movie. Other than that the movie was awsome.
You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours." ~ Edward Cullen Eclipse
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

What did you guys think about the deleted scenes or the extended scenes. Was anyone else wondering on the deleted scenes what was up with the motorcycle scene. I wish they would've included the ride home to Bella's house after the b-day party and I did like the extended scene of the school hallway after Jacob gave her the dreamcatcher.
Banner by TammyAZ
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

I need to watch the deleted scenes again, there was one that I can't remember now that I remember thinking I wish they would have left in. Most of them seemed fine being out because they were pretty stagnant. I loved the Mike outtakes at the end from the movie theater. Had my laughing pretty good. I didn't like some of the added lines, they seemed cheesy, like "You do not want to make me angry, THAT WOULD BE VERY BAD" Or something like that when he first saw Alice and then the rain scene with bella when he said something "I'm no good bella, I USED TO BE A GOOD KID" I was like REALLY?? It just seemed way to cheesy.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

This was a major improvement over piece of garage that was Twilight movie. Yes there were some cheesy moments and lines. The special effects were better but with all the money the first one made, the cgi wolves should have been better. I actually enjoy watching New Moon unlike Twilight where I had to force myself to watch until the end. I was amazed how well this followed book now I'm actually looking forward to Eclipse.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I've watched the movie several times now and yes, there were some very cheesy lines...Overall though, I think Chris nailed it for the most part. If they'd known the kind of response it would get, Twilight probably would have been a little different too.
I think they had a difficult time "introducing" Jasper's power because it wasn't mentioned in Twilight. My husband said something to the effect of, "What mood thing?" I do so wish they had "Bella's Lullaby" in NM. It was such an interwoven part of all the books and a wonderful piece of music that it saddens me that they did not include it. The scene with Charlie and Alice talking...
And I agree with the others that the reunion scene and her staying awake on the plane...waking up thinking she had actually killed herself...those scene did not do justice to the books. But it got across the basic point and some of the emotion, so I guess it will do. Those of us who are fans of the books know what was supposed to happen. Books are almost always better than a movie...so I expected some let downs.
Why can't they put out a DVD with the extended scenes and deleted scenes in one. :? I've bought three copies now and may have to buy Border's version to get to see the exteneded scenes...
Last edited by GrayceM on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grayce
Edwards Wheels

Post by Edwards Wheels »

I wasn't sure why they used so many lines from Eclipse in the New Moon film. Like Just after Jacob has given Bella the dream catcher, Edward says to her " How come Jacob Black gets to give you presents and I dont? Do you see the inequality, because I do" or the "Jacob I love you" ??

I'd like to've seen Bella and Alice on the plane while Bella's so inpatient, and Alice is explaining to her all about what's happening, and speaking to Rosalie on the phone. I know they can't include everything, and that things have to change in order for it to be possible to make the film, but I really didn't understand why they did that with the quotes above when they're from Eclipse.
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

izzysmum wrote:I wasn't sure why they used so many lines from Eclipse in the New Moon film. Like Just after Jacob has given Bella the dream catcher, Edward says to her " How come Jacob Black gets to give you presents and I dont? Do you see the inequality, because I do" or the "Jacob I love you" ??

Correct me if I'm wrong...I'm re-reading the books now and am just now in the part of New Moon where Bella does the cliff dive. So far, I haven't even read across the part where Jacob gives Bella the dreamcatcher...Am I imagining this? Or did I read over it without paying attention?
I know that Edward asks her about the presents because of the bracelet that Jacob gives her, but yes, that's in Eclipse. And several times already in New Moon she realizes she's in love with her best friend but that it's a different love than she has for Edward. She will never love him that way but maybe how she loves him would be enough.
I think this is one of the flaws of working with different directors. You get things they want to add to their movie or things they don't deem necessary; but to get a true continuation of the story, you would have to go back to the beginning. Too many things left out of Twilight. I understand though...stick closer to the books and the movie story line suffers. Alot about the books is internal and from Bella's perspective only...they did a great job with it, but they could have done so much more. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Grayce
Edwards Wheels

Post by Edwards Wheels »

The dream catcher is only in the film, but the line " How come Jacob gets to give you presents" etc, is in the New Moon film but is a quote from Eclipse when he's asking her about her bracelet. :) HTH
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

Whew...thought I was losing it. I wonder how Slade is going to get around that in Eclipse then...the bracelet is a big part of the merchandizing and the last two books. It really shouldn't be left out of the movies. But I also thought they shouldn't have taken "Bella's Lullaby" out of all the movies either...again, just my opinion.
Grayce