Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Hello there!

Post by michelle »

Hi! I am new and I love Edward!!!!!! ;)

Before I start I would like to tell you that English is not my mother tongue (I am from Greece) so please be lenient with my grammar.

I first read Twilight fairly late - in May 2009. It goes without saying that it changed my life – I will only mention that I have become a much better person. Since that May, a single day hasn’t passed that I haven’t thought of Stephenie’s books (and Edward!!!). Currently I am reading Breaking Dawn - I started the saga marathon on New Year’s Day reading as slowly as I could, in order to enjoy it to the fullest – and I will next read The Host. You see, although I adore BD it makes me somber - is it because the saga ends? Is it because I am jealous of Bella’s luck? Who knows? - and I consider The Host such an optimistic book… When I got the blues, I always turn to The Host to help me get back to me.

Well now, I need your advice! How does somebody moves on from Twilight????? Seriously! Is my situation normal? Is something wrong with me? Is there a Twilight anonymous thing that you can go so as to help you get over it? Is there a prerequisite that you must want to recover from it? Because… if this is the case, I am afraid I am screwed.

(While I am writing this a VOLVO advertisement is shown on TV. Life's temptations are too many for one to be virtuous…)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Hello there!

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi Michelle.

I post a lot in the Rob's Halfway House forum and on the HH Facebook page that our friend Lynne will try and introduce you to soon.

I feel alone or the odd one out because I'm the only guy in the group, but I love Twilight! As far as moving on, I haven't. I'm as big a fan of the saga and such as I was was in 2009. Some of my other interests are in my sig in my post. And you also may notice that I have a pic of a woman for my avatar. Well, that's Shizu from the manga/anime Guyver. I can tell you quite a bit about that manga/anime and I'm working on a Twilight/Guyver crossover fic.

I hope that you'll enjoy your time here and at the HH page :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Hey Chernaudi!

I ADORE the manga/anime Candy Candy! Have you ever heard of it? I would like to know more about Guyver's story, though. I can tell by your love for twilight, that it must be a good one!

I will check Rob's Halfway House and your fanfiction page as soon as possible! Oh, and I don't have a Facebook account... 8-)

:wave:
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi Michelle.

Never heard of Candy Candy. I kinda grew up with Guyver because of my older brother who was a big comic fan, and Guyver was pretty big in the US in the early 1990s. Some info about Guyver, with links to related media:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bio_Booster_Armor_Guyver

And a link to my fan fic rough drafts:

http://www.japan-legend.com/forum/index ... -postings/

I also posted a couple of topics there explaining stuff.

And then there's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_R18

And an onboard video from Le Mans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEYNPCN ... w5MPAk-V_g

I could probably send you a lot more in a PM later on, but this is just some basic stuff about me that I hope that you'll find interesting, especially the fan fic :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Chernaudi, this anime is a little bit scary right? What are all those monstrous creatures??? I am not sure I will be able to sleep at night if I watch this!! :blush:

But yesterday I started the "Dark side of the moon" and I'm currently on chapter 6! Is the "Echoes" its sequel? I must admit it's interesting to read a story that you know and love from a guy's perspective! Plus I haven't read anything with a grown-up Renesmee before... It's kind of awkward at first, but you get used to it! :)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I think we all had Twilight withdrawal when we finished the series. I know I did!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

michelle wrote:Chernaudi, this anime is a little bit scary right? What are all those monstrous creatures??? I am not sure I will be able to sleep at night if I watch this!! :blush:

But yesterday I started the "Dark side of the moon" and I'm currently on chapter 6! Is the "Echoes" its sequel? I must admit it's interesting to read a story that you know and love from a guy's perspective! Plus I haven't read anything with a grown-up Renesmee before... It's kind of awkward at first, but you get used to it! :)
Guyver's actually not that scary, and the manga basically depicts PG-13 rated fantasy violence--the OVA is fairly violent because of trying to sell up the action aspect, while the TV series is a 95% verbatim adaption of the manga. Of course, I watched the OVA when I was about 10 and past episode 3 scared the crap outta me, but it's nothing special now.

I also included a link to the Twilight/Guyver crossover fic. And I also forgot to ask if you checked out the Halfway House yet. If someone named Tornado has been messaging you, I might be late to the party on that one :)

Tonight, I'll also send you that PM that I forgot to send you last night. I forgot about it before I went to sleep and then I had to get ready for work this morning. So I'll get that to you, too.

michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Tornado wrote:I think we all had Twilight withdrawal when we finished the series. I know I did!
Good to know there are others... :blush:

Thank you to both of you Tornado and Chernaudi! I hope I will be able to visit the Rob's Halfway House forum soon! :)