Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

New Over 50 Twi-Fan

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!

I am relatively new to the whole Twilight Fandom. My now-college daughter had read the books when they first came out, but I didn't read them at that time. I had seen both the "Twilight" and "New Moon" movies and then after Christmas this year decided to read Twilight for an escape. I wasn't expecting the book to be THAT good. WOW! As you all know, the books are real page turners. I worked my way through all 4 books in three weeks, sacrificing sleep and housework. I think Stephenie is a genius. I'm a little obsessed with the Saga now and can't wait to see Eclipse. I have seen both Twilight and New Moon again after having read the books and enjoyed them a lot more.

I'm just over 50 and feel like a kid again! The trouble is finding others my age who share my enthusiasm for Twilight to talk to. I'm hoping I will find some in this forum. It's amazing how many "snobbish" attitudes there are. Not intellectual enough. Well, as a menopausal, semi-empty nester, I welcome the escape - its good old fashioned FUN.

Some info on me - I teach Adult English as a Second Language (some of my students are reading Twilight!)
and I live a major Midwestern city (not Chicago).

-Susie
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Re: New Over 50 Twi-Fan

Post by December »

Welcome to the Lex! You are certainly not the only older TW reader here. To find other adults on the Lex, check out the Heavenly Hash thread. If you have a chance, you might also have a look at Pel's Introduce Yourself thread -- it's a nice template for introducing yourself to us a little more fully!

Have fun....
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Hi Susie! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Hey welcome to the Lex. :D
Don't worry, my mom is in her fifties and she loves Twilight. She won't admit how much, though it's extremely obvious. I find it hilarious.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hi Susie! Welcome to the Lex!
I'm Kayla, another adult (43) here, and I can tell you that you will find a place for yourself here. As December said, you should try the adult threads and let us know who you are there. I hope to see you around!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:Hey welcome to the Lex. :D
Don't worry, my mom is in her fifties and she loves Twilight. She won't admit how much, though it's extremely obvious. I find it hilarious.
Just to clarify - is it hilarious that she is hiding her obsession, or is the obsession itself hilarious? I hope the former! All obsessions are equal, no matter what age you are. I think the Twilight obsession is based on the fact that they are excellent books with fascinating plots and well developed characters - we really get to know them and feel like we don't want to let them go. We feel like we are 'there' with them. Now THAT'S good writing!
Anto21
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anto21 »

Hello Susie
I'm Anto21...well I'm not a teenager ..I'm 42. I'm a teacher too, I teach italian language as a second language in american universities here in Italy. Well my students recommended me Twilight books... ;) I followed their advice and I fell in love with the books :roll:
look after my heart, I've left it with you
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Anto21! Thanks for the welcome. Great to meet someone across the ocean! So you read Twilight in English instead of in Italian?
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Hello and Welcome to the Lex!

I hope to see you around the board and why don't you check out some of the other forum's that us "older" twilighters gravitate to. If your interested look into the Heavenly Hash and the Gutter Gals & Guys.

Hope to see you around the boards!

Enjoy
~skylarblue
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. I'm Jen

Welcome to the lex, it's a fun place to be! :D

See you around the boards

And if you've never been, I highly suggest visiting Stephenie Meyer's website. She has a lot of fun stuff there like FAQ's for all the books & some outtakes that didn't make it into the final draft of the books.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson