Whedonist Enters the Ring

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
angelus128
Settled in Forks

Whedonist Enters the Ring

Post by angelus128 »

Hello everyone!! I've actually been on this forum before, nearly two years ago. Some of you may know of the infamous boy in the Volturi cloak, called Fantastyfreak, who was filmed at a Stephenie Meyers signing around the time Eclipse was first released. Since then having a shred of Twilight fandom has proved to be quite the challenge because of the negative connotations Twilight fans face, specially men. It confounds me that your abilities and thought process are judged solely upon liking a series such as this one. Additionally, I am a fan of myriad of things, other than Twilight. I'm a reader, writer, Joss Whedon fan, Bioware RPG fan, X-men/Batman/Neil Gaiman/Doctor Who/Anne Rice/Iron Man/Wheel of Time fan, and there are several other areas of my fandom I have not even mentioned

I had a fallout recently, in terms of Twilight fandom, because of the number of my peers who were criticizing me for liking the series. Most of my friends find the idea of a boy, majoring in English and reader of Stephen King, to be someone who should have enough intelligence to destroy every last bit of my Twilight fandom. Yet, recently, I picked up John Granger's "Spotlight on Twilight," and found reason enough to reassert myself as a Twilight fan who most importantly is a fan of books.

Anyways, I hope to post here more often and I may allude to my book review blog often as I am in great need of more followers. Luckily, I should have more readers by the time I leave this year's Book Expo America. Oh and before I end this disjointed introduction; I wanted to mention some cool facts about myself. I have indeed met Stephenie Meyers twice, and have since then met other writers such as David Leviathan, Scott Westerfeld, Brandon Sanderson, Shannon Hale, Maria V. Snyder(whom I know very well), RA Salvatore, Libba Bray, and a number of others.

Again, I'm very happy to return to a Twilight forum made up of some very intelligent members. Reading some of the posts already have astonished me due to their respect for grammar and insightful findings.
Last edited by angelus128 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Whedonist Enters the Ring

Post by marielle »

Welcome Back!!!!

You know, I always say to Twi-guys who are being attacked for liking twilight......At least you know what your girl is talking about.. ;)
But I know it's hard to be a twi-guy...or so my friends tell me

I love you Signature by the way... Kamelot is great...

ooh, I'm Marielle, 26 (almost 27 :x ) from Holland and a huge supported of twi-guys...my man doesn't want anything to do with it, just because it's a romance.. I love it when men give in to their romantic side and read the books... (i'm trying to convince my dad to read them as well) ...

I hope you just ignore all the nonsense of other men and stay here to post....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Hey, and welcome (back) to the Lex!
I'm Kenzie. =)
Feel free to PM me for anything.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey, and welcome back to the Lex! :D

I’m copper curls ~ feel free to PM me anytime, if you have a question or just want to chat.

There have likely been several updates and changes since you were last here, so if you have any questions about the site, you can check out Alcyone's Guide to the Lexicon, our Site Philosophy, or the Posting Regulations.

hope you enjoy the site & I’ll see you around the boards!

~ cc
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Hi! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. I'm Jen

Welcome to the lex, it's a fun place to be! :D

See you around the boards

And if you've never been, I highly suggest visiting Stephenie Meyer's website. She has a lot of fun stuff there like FAQ's for all the books & some outtakes that didn't make it into the final draft of the books.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM