Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Another New Member Says Hi

Post by Jestak »

How did you pick your screen name?

Jestak is the name of a central character--my favorite character--in an obscure series of sci-fi novels I read way back in the early 1980s. I've been using it as an online handle for several years now.

Recently I discovered that Jestak is also the name of the goddess of domestic life among the Kalash people who live in the Hindu Kush in Pakistan.

Just as an aside, I also answer to Mark, since that's my given name.

I've added a few updates to this reflecting how some of my answers would change now that I've read all the books.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?

I sort of arrived at the books by "the back way," as I recently had the Twilight movie come to the top of my Netflix queue--I watched it a little over a week ago. I was sufficiently intrigued that I latched onto copies of Twilightand New Moon as fast as Amazon could get them to me. I then read both of them in near-record time. I will be getting ahold of a copy of Eclipse and reading it in the near future; Breaking Dawn will wait until the release of the paperback edition.

After looking once again at the months-off paperback publication date for Breaking Dawn, and the very nice discount Amazon had on the hardcover edition, I went ahead and ordered it, along with Eclipse, a little over a week ago.

I can't really say at this point which of the two I've read I like better. I like the whole Cullen-Hale clan, like having them all there in the background, so that sort of inclines me towards Twilight. However, the final sections of New Moon, from about Chapter 17 (Alice's return to Forks) on, is my favorite sequence in the first two books.

Having read all four, I'd now say Eclipse is my favorite of the books.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?

Bella, definitely--I love a good heroine.

Who is your favorite minor character?

As I said I like the entire Cullen-Hale family. I love Alice--don't we all? She's so adorable! Emmett is also becoming a bit of a favorite of mine, although we don't see all that much of him in the first two books--I really liked the "Emmett and the Bear" outtake.

I still like Alice, Emmett, and all the Cullens. I also like Leah and Seth and Angela.

What are your hobbies?

I am a voracious reader, as any visitor to my home would see at once--there are books everywhere and I am constantly running out of bookshelf space. I am also a big movie buff with a large DVD collection and a Netflix queue that's going to take about 2 years to get through. Outside of home, I am active in my local neighborhood association.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)

I live in Eastern Washington (the sunny, largely rain-free part of the state that isn't terribly good for vampires, climate wise)

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)

I'm forty-something--I don't get more specific than that.
Last edited by Jestak on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: Another New Member Says Hi

Post by n0vaice »

Hi! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. I'm Jen

Welcome to the lex, it's a fun place to be! :D

I too am an Emmett fan. Don't worry he shows up more in Eclipse & especially in BD. (Some of his best lines & moments are in those two.) If you would like come join us on the Team Alice and Team Emmett threads.

See you around the boards.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

Chelsea's the name.
Sci-Fi, huh?
Interesting.
Drop me a PM if you need any help.
See ya around.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey, and welcome to the Lex! :D

I’m copper curls ~ feel free to PM me anytime, if you have a question or just want to chat.

If you have any questions about the site, you can check out Alcyone's Guide to the Lexicon, our Site Philosophy, or the Posting Regulations.

hope you enjoy the site & I’ll see you around the boards!

~ cc
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

HI Mark Welcome to the Lex. It is great seeing another Twiguy around the board. There are quite a few on here. It is a great forum with a wide range of age group. Hope to see you around.
Banner by TammyAZ
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Hey welcome to the Lex!
I'm Kenzie. =)

You can visit the XY Thread if you would like to partake in a Twiguy only discussion. :]
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes.

It's nice to meet all of you.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM