Tech Questions?

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES? Ask here!
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Locked
threethings
Phase Control Expert
Posts: 6173
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:14 pm
Location: Twittering.
Contact:

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by threethings » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:50 pm

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
threethings wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:sorry if I sounded snippy, just asking for help.
No, you didn't sound snippy, I'd really like to know where it is?
I don't know if they even have one, but justdeal had a problem with auto-correct a while ago, so I'll ask her how she fixed it later.

Edit: It wasn't the lexicon that was the problem. Internet Explorer doesn't have spell-check built in. I'm on Firefox now so the spell-check is back.
Okay, thanks. Back on topic.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage

User avatar
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:45 am
Location: Australia! =D

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by bite_me » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:19 am

is it possible to bump a topic? people talk about doing that, but I can't find the button - or can you only bump a topic if you're a mod?
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?

threethings
Phase Control Expert
Posts: 6173
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:14 pm
Location: Twittering.
Contact:

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by threethings » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:05 pm

bite_me wrote:is it possible to bump a topic? people talk about doing that, but I can't find the button - or can you only bump a topic if you're a mod?
If you look at a post, on the bottom right hand corner, you'll see two little arrows.
Click that. That's what I do. I don't know about only mods doing it though. . .
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage

User avatar
Nightswimming93
Settled in Forks
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by Nightswimming93 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Is there a way to change your username?

threethings
Phase Control Expert
Posts: 6173
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:14 pm
Location: Twittering.
Contact:

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by threethings » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Nightswimming93 wrote:Is there a way to change your username?
I'm sorry I keep answering these, I've just been here a while!

To answer this, no, there is no way. Make a new account if you want to change it. :)
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage

User avatar
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by Bronze Haired Girl » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Nightswimming93 wrote:Is there a way to change your username?
Actually, I believe it is possible, but an admin has to do it for you. You need to send a PM to 24601 and say you want to change your username. Don't start a new account until you hear back.
Image
Banner by urcoolcarrie

User avatar
Nightswimming93
Settled in Forks
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by Nightswimming93 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:59 am

is there a "send/receive" function in private messaging? I notice that my messages sit in my outbox for an awfully long time--sometimes more than a day. Is that just a problem I have or is that common? Can I force them to send?
"LOSING TRACK OF TIME WAS THE MOST I ASKED FROM LIFE."

threethings
Phase Control Expert
Posts: 6173
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:14 pm
Location: Twittering.
Contact:

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by threethings » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:38 am

Nightswimming93 wrote:is there a "send/receive" function in private messaging? I notice that my messages sit in my outbox for an awfully long time--sometimes more than a day. Is that just a problem I have or is that common? Can I force them to send?
They are sent, that simply means the recipient hasn't opened/picked it up yet.
When they do pick it up, it will move to your "sent" box instead of the "Outbox."
Additionally, when it's in your "Outbox" you can still edit it.

Does that answer your question?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage

User avatar
Nightswimming93
Settled in Forks
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact:

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by Nightswimming93 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:49 pm

threethings wrote:
Nightswimming93 wrote:is there a "send/receive" function in private messaging? I notice that my messages sit in my outbox for an awfully long time--sometimes more than a day. Is that just a problem I have or is that common? Can I force them to send?
They are sent, that simply means the recipient hasn't opened/picked it up yet.
When they do pick it up, it will move to your "sent" box instead of the "Outbox."
Additionally, when it's in your "Outbox" you can still edit it.

Does that answer your question?
Well, I feel a bit like an idiot, but yes you answered my question! Thank you!!!

threethings
Phase Control Expert
Posts: 6173
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:14 pm
Location: Twittering.
Contact:

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by threethings » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Nightswimming93 wrote:
threethings wrote:
Nightswimming93 wrote:is there a "send/receive" function in private messaging? I notice that my messages sit in my outbox for an awfully long time--sometimes more than a day. Is that just a problem I have or is that common? Can I force them to send?
They are sent, that simply means the recipient hasn't opened/picked it up yet.
When they do pick it up, it will move to your "sent" box instead of the "Outbox."
Additionally, when it's in your "Outbox" you can still edit it.

Does that answer your question?
Well, I feel a bit like an idiot, but yes you answered my question! Thank you!!!
It's okay, everything can seem very confusing at first. Once your on more and more, it gets a lot easier.
And please, if you need help with anything (like Avatar and/or Signatures) please PM me.
I'm almost always on. : )
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage

Locked