Request a Topic **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

REQUESTS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
daisymay
Settled in Forks

New Kid question about were to post

Post by daisymay »

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. I read a couple articles about all these different subtexts folks are finding in the books. I haven't been able to find were to post about this.
The articles bugged me a lot. I don't feel the need to voice my opinion over political or ethical topics these artcle suggest. Mostly, I would like to rant over the fact that they are picking out the subtext. So, were do I post about this?
Thanks,
Daisymay

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Mod Edit: I think you can post these observations in the Explorations Thread first. I think this would be a good place to start. If the topic expands to deserve its own thread, we can do that later.
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Re: Request a Topic

Post by willowtree »

Hi again!

I was wondering if we could have a Team Quil thread? I think there needs to be more wolf pack teams, and everyone loves Quil.

Thank you!

~h. f. e. l.

MOD EDIT: New TEAM QUIL THREAD.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Hi! I wanted to ask a few threads....

First, I really think there should be a Team Quil thread, Like Hanny suggested above. He is really lovable, and alot of people like him. He is actually one of my favorite charecters... Or maybe a Team wolf pack or something as a general. There are teams for all of the Cullens but there are barely 3 wolf teams....

And I wanted to ask for a rock thread or at least some famous bands. I think there are alot of people here that love rock and wnat to gather and talk about the music they love.

MOD EDIT: New I Love Rock thread found HERE.
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

How about a "Six Degrees of Twilight" thread? We had one like this at another board where I'm an admin (another movie fan community), and it was very popular and a lot of fun.

It works like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, except that the object is to connect to a cast member from the Twilight films, not Kevin Bacon. For example:

Suppose that someone had started the thread with Natalie Portman.

I would then link her to the cast of the Twilight films like so:

1) Natalie Portman was in The Darjeeling Limited with Jason Scwartzman
2) Jason Schwartzman will be in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World with Anna Kendrick

Then I'd put another name up and the next person would link them to the Twilight films, etc.

Mod Edit: The new game can be found here! Have fun!
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I know that there's a topic for the Cullen's cars and Bella's cars, but what about a topic for cars of the Volturi and others in the Twilight universe? Any opinions on something like that?

Or how about cars that the Cullens or others would collect but not drive(at least on a regular basis)? Or if they did like a Top Gear challenge, what would the Cullens or the Volturi make Jeremy, Richard and James drive for a given challenge?

Mod Edit: New thread for general discussion of cars and Twilight here
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I appologize in advance if this suggestion has already been made.

Anyways, I had a slight idea for a new thread. I wanted to see something like an "I'm not ashamed" thread where people could post a couple lines of things they like to do, watch, sing, etc... that other people may think is childish or out of the oridinary. An example would be that I'm 19 and I love to watch and sing the theme songs of the Backyardigans & Little Einstiens. And at the end of the post that could put something like "I'm Not ASHAMED!" in bold letters. I just thought that it could be fun for some people who aren't afraid to say they like what they like and everyone has atleast one little secret pleaser So again I'm sorry if I've wasted your time because there is another thread like this that already exists. I've searched for a while but I didn't come across anything. So, if there is one could you please direct me to it because I would love to air some of my kiddish hobbies! =)

Thank you.

MOD EDIT: New thread found HERE.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Can we have a topic for the X-men movies in the Lights Camera Action bit please? The new movie coming out provides conversation.

MOD EDIT: New X-Men thread.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

Hi guys! I hope I'm doing this right. It's my first time to request a thread.
Oh good, I am.
So, we Cullens and some of the members here want to have a party for Nessie, but it is really a party for both Nessie and Bella. Bella doesn't know, so please keep that part a secret!

We need a thread for the party. Actually, we will need more than one, but we can work that out later. We would like a birthday party thread where the members can go and wish Bella and Nessie happy birthday and give them virtual gifts. We would like to open the thread on Sept. 11th, and we need to have images allowed that day so that everyone can see the gifts. I know that you are going to say that we can't, but I would like you to consider it anyway. I'm sure you understand the importance of letting everyone see the gifts that are given. Believe me, some of them are really good!

Also, could we have music? Maybe a dance thread? Emmett will have a great idea for some games. He'll post later.
Oh good, we can! Thank you! The possibilities are endless.

MOD EDIT: Alice, as per our policies images are not allowed. I know this would be a very special treat for Bella and Nessie, but as a mod, I just cannot allow the images, especially considering what problems we have had recently with people posting images that are clearly NOT PG-13 (not to mention keeping track of signatures and avatars that violate that policy). I would hate to have Nessie receive something that is not age appropriate for her or have Nessie see Bella receive something that is not rated PG or PG-13. It would be too difficult for us mods to police this and therefore I will have to deny your request.

However, I would be more than happy to create the Birthday Gift thread. Would you like Bella and Nessie to share the thread or have a thread for each of them?

Thanks, Una!
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

Could we maybe have a support topic or an advice topic? I have seen on other forums that people offers themselves as advice buddies : i.e (all made up lol) Holly - school problems
Natalie- home problems
Adam - friend problems

Thats kind of an example. Then people can go into the topic and PM the person who wants to help out with that certain topic.
Even if people just post some inspirational quotes to get others through a long day :)

Thanks,

Mel xo

MOD EDIT: Melody, at this time we will not be doing these threads. We recommend that as people need advice they head to the threads that deal with those issues... ie dating issues-head to the dating thread, teen issues-head to the teen thread...there are threads for each age group that might be helpful with any problems...check Flight to Phoenix. Thanks.

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

The Real Alice Cullen wrote: MOD EDIT: Alice, as per our policies images are not allowed. I know this would be a very special treat for Bella and Nessie, but as a mod, I just cannot allow the images, especially considering what problems we have had recently with people posting images that are clearly NOT PG-13 (not to mention keeping track of signatures and avatars that violate that policy). I would hate to have Nessie receive something that is not age appropriate for her or have Nessie see Bella receive something that is not rated PG or PG-13. It would be too difficult for us mods to police this and therefore I will have to deny your request.

However, I would be more than happy to create the Birthday Gift thread. Would you like Bella and Nessie to share the thread or have a thread for each of them?

Thanks, Una!
I knew you would say that, Una.
I understand your rules, but the presents will be just wonderful. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.
Wait. Oh, yes, that's it.
I think I have a way to convince you that it will all be okay in the end.
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....