Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Breaking Dawn 2-The Discussion Before the End

Post by Tornado »

GrayceM wrote:Hey ya'll - Just throwing in my 2 cents and I think I've figured out why their clothes are different. For this still I think we're looking at several days later after Charlie comes over. Or maybe even after the arm wrestling match. Bella is wearing the blue dress when she holds Nessie the first time. After the hunt...supposedly, Edward has to change shirts because he gave his to Bella.
I guess it could be a few days after she's changed, but according to the clip of the arm wrestling scene it takes place after Charlie has left.
GrayceM wrote:What I can't wait to see is the scene right after the arm wrestling scene. Where Bella destroys the boulder and her and Nessie get caught in a sunbeam! That will be cool, except...did they put the sparkle back in?
Not sure if they'll have everyone sparkle. I think we've seen Bella sparkling in the trailer. I think that might be all we get.
GrayceM wrote:I have since seen a different trailer that shows Jacob's line "I didn't expect you to seem so...you" but the Bella that he's talking to is in the dress. I think they cut up the trailers so much so we wouldn't be able to piece together too much. I remember in NM thinking there was something skipped from all the commercials and trailers we'd seen. I realized while watching the deleted scenes that Alice telling Bella she's a "...human that knows entirely too much about vampires..." is not actually in the movie. Just like Carlisle telling Bella that Edward and he disagree on the "afterlife" for their kinds.
I don't think they're necessarily trying to trick us in the trailers. They just cut together whatever they think will work. We have seen a clip of Bella coming back in the blue dress, though, so I don't think Edward loans her his shirt.
GrayceM wrote:I can't wait to hear Renesmee's lullaby...Carter Burwell did a fantastic job for Bella's lullaby. I know he didn't write it specifically for that but it's a beautiful piece and watching Rob play piano is... :swoon:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that, too!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I've been in and out over the last few weeks/months due to personal responsibilities. But, I thought I'd jump back in with both feet.

Seems we got a new clip yesterday...

**SPOILER ALERT**
Declarations

My thoughts; it is a change from canon, but it is one that I absolutely love and support wholeheartedly. The scene in the novel evolves very organically with everyone declaring their intentions in response to Alistair's defection (which clearly doesn't happen as he's the one with the last words to Carlisle). In the novel, I had no issue with it and it made sense. But, you all know how I feel about Edward's position during book 3, with the way he more or less fades into the background. Clearly, they've given him a much more active role, at least in this scene and I absolutely love that they are allowing him to step forward, to lead, to actively fight for his family, for his love and for what is right.

And, of course, Rob owns it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I agree, Jazz Girl.
juliemartinwallace
Settled in Forks

Post by juliemartinwallace »

I read the whole Twilight series every time a new movie is about to comes out. Anybody else do that? It's almost time to start reading them again. I can't believe the last movie is coming out in less than two weeks. WOW!
Violet Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Violet Sunlight »

Hello everyone, :wave:

Jazz Girl – I too agree. It is nice to see Edward take a leadership role in film, especially for his family in BD2. I now wonder if Edward will offer his hand to Aro or will BD2 stick to the book and have Carlisle offer his hand first. This would also be a good place to have Edward show leadership again.

I also like that in BD2 Jacob was the first (right after Edward’s speech) to declare The Packs/himself to be on the Cullen’s side, as appose to the book where he was one of the last to do so. Also although it is canon, I hope none of the vampires make comments like the packs are “children” and “infants”. If they are going to stray from canon, I think this would also be a good place to do so.

juliemartinwallace – Hi. I’ve read the books many times but not always when the movies come out. I too am sooooooo excited for BD2. Can’t wait. Can’t wait.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

You know, I've been thinking about the ending, and I wonder if the battle will proceed in what looks like real time to us, and everyone will get killed, and then the camera will go back Alice who is 'showing' Aro what would have happened if they had fought. Then everyone thinks it's real and are horrified that everyone dies, but it turns out it's not really that way at all. Kind of like what they did on Dallas when Bobby Ewing came back. He's in the shower and the entire previous season was just a dream.

I don't think I'll like it if that's what they do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did that.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

JUST 1 MORE WEEK!!!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Violet Sunlight

Hello everyone, :wave:

Tornado – I too was thinking a similar theory a while back. The third X-Men movie was like that, a dream but we didn’t know it was a dream until the extra scene in the credits came up.

But I’m not too sure about my theory, being that Huilen and Nahuel are in BD2 and their existence pretty much saves everyone from a physical battle and they also solve the mystery behind Renesmee’s future. Although, anything is possible especially in the Twilight films.

Marielle:D Can you believe it, we can finally say BD2 comes out NEXT WEEK!!! :swoon:
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

VS - they just might have it touch and go whether or not that stops the fight. In one realm of reality the Volturi may have stood and fought in spite of Nahuel's presence. It might take that route, if only temporarily.
Violet Sunlight

Tornado - So true, so true.
What oh what will it be?
Vision-Battle or Real-Battle?
Are we going to accept it or reject it?
Is it 11/16/12 yet, is it 11/16/12?
Can't wait for BD2!!!! Can't wait!!!! :swoon: