Twilight Saga Q&A

rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

I don't think the dye would take to their hair. Kind of like the contacts-it would be really too temporary before the venom got to it. I mean, the cheap-Halloween kind of dye that you just spray on, probably, because it is just sitting on their hair. But, changing the color in the hair, well . . . maybe. When you think about it, they probably don't have venom in their hair, so, I guess it would be possible. I'm not too familiar with how hair dye works with the hair. Plus, it might be like make-up: the vampires are already so beautiful it would look ridiculous to try and dye it.
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

rapidheartbeat<3twi wrote:I don't think the dye would take to their hair. Kind of like the contacts-it would be really too temporary before the venom got to it. I mean, the cheap-Halloween kind of dye that you just spray on, probably, because it is just sitting on their hair. But, changing the color in the hair, well . . . maybe. When you think about it, they probably don't have venom in their hair, so, I guess it would be possible. I'm not too familiar with how hair dye works with the hair. Plus, it might be like make-up: the vampires are already so beautiful it would look ridiculous to try and dye it.
SM has said in the Personal Correspondence #2 here on the Lex that hair is dead to start with, before you turn into a vampire. "Hair is dead cells--the vampire transformation doesn't affect it..."
So, I would think that you could dye your hair as much as you want. :D
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Ok so you know how werewolves aren't aging? Well if they aren't aging than how does there hair grow?!?!
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

Christie wrote:so here are my questions pertaining to the transformation of a human to a vampire

1. If someone has a scar when they were transformed would that scar tissue heal and smooth over or would it remain a scar?

2. If someone is overweight when they are transformed would the fat cells be burned away by the venom or would it be harder for the transformation to take place due to fat cells storing toxins?

3. If someone had a tattoo would that tattoo remain or would the venom expell it from the body?

4. If someone had a chronic disease at the time of transformation would the damage from that disease (ie cancer that had resulted in the removal of a tumor) would the area heal or would it remain the same?

5. If someone had been in an accident and had to have something like a pin placed in a bone to hold it together (lets face it...Bella could pull off an accident requireing a pin or screw in her sleep) would that pin or screw stay in or be expelled?

6. I cant remember which book it was in but I remember Bella talking about remembering feeling numb from the dentist when having a filling placed....what happened to her fillings?

I know these must be the most ridiculous questions ever, but unfortunatly that is how my mad little mind works. I may be just as quirky as Alice!
1)Removes scar. James's scar was gone off of Bella.
2) Fat cells stay, because they would be "frozen" in thier state.
3) Expell, because it's unnaturally added in the body, and takes it away like a scar.
4) Yes, it would heal. If it could heal Esme who was half dead, then I'm sure it would heal wounds.
5) I don't know for sure, but the venom is so strong it would..melt it. Also, it's unnaturally added so...
6) I don't remeber that part. But the fillings would go away, and Bella would get new, sharp vampire teeth. Like "updatating" her teeth.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
Jazziscool

Post by Jazziscool »

ilovetwilight wrote:Ok so you know how werewolves aren't aging? Well if they aren't aging than how does there hair grow?!?!
Umm..They're growing taller so..I guess they're are growing hair...but not aging. So they're aren't aging, but they aren't frozen like vamps.
Last edited by Jazziscool on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Jazziscool wrote:
Christie wrote:so here are my questions pertaining to the transformation of a human to a vampire

1. If someone has a scar when they were transformed would that scar tissue heal and smooth over or would it remain a scar?

2. If someone is overweight when they are transformed would the fat cells be burned away by the venom or would it be harder for the transformation to take place due to fat cells storing toxins?

3. If someone had a tattoo would that tattoo remain or would the venom expell it from the body?

4. If someone had a chronic disease at the time of transformation would the damage from that disease (ie cancer that had resulted in the removal of a tumor) would the area heal or would it remain the same?

5. If someone had been in an accident and had to have something like a pin placed in a bone to hold it together (lets face it...Bella could pull off an accident requireing a pin or screw in her sleep) would that pin or screw stay in or be expelled?

6. I cant remember which book it was in but I remember Bella talking about remembering feeling numb from the dentist when having a filling placed....what happened to her fillings?

I know these must be the most ridiculous questions ever, but unfortunatly that is how my mad little mind works. I may be just as quirky as Alice!
1)Removes scar. James's scar was gone off of Bella.
2) Fat cells stay, because they would be "frozen" in thier state.
3) Expell, because it's unnaturally added in the body, and takes it away like a scar.
4) Yes, it would heal. If it could heal Esme who was half dead, then I'm sure it would heal wounds.
5) I don't know for sure, but the venom is so strong it would..melt it. Also, it's unnaturally added so...
6) I don't remeber that part. But the fillings would go away, and Bella would get new, sharp vampire teeth. Like "updatating" her teeth.
bella's scar from james was not gone. remember, somewhere in eclipse jasper says "our venom is the only thing that LEAVES a scar" so normal scars would heal but vampire bite scars would stay
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
Christie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Christie »

maybe the numbness thing was a fan fic.....but still a valid question?
Could you say no to the Irish coven?
gokrazy323
Settled in Forks

Post by gokrazy323 »

I am so confused..i have read the book at least 20 trillion times and i still dont understand. Why in twilight didn't Alice see Bella running away to meet James?! why didnt she see it in her visions?
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

gokrazy323 wrote:I am so confused..i have read the book at least 20 trillion times and i still dont understand. Why in twilight didn't Alice see Bella running away to meet James?! why didnt she see it in her visions?
I think she saw Bella there or at least with James, but she didn't want to say anything to her. There was even a part after the phone call when Bella noticed that Alice had a vision of her dying. She said something like they knew they were doing something wrong....let me go find the quote...
ImageImage
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

Okay, here it is, pg 434.

"She didn't react when I called her name, but her head was slowly rocking side to side, and I saw her face....

"What is it?" Jasper demanded.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest. "Bella," she said.
"I'm right here," I replied.
Her head twisted around, her eyes locking on mine, their expression still strangely blank. I realized at once that she hadn't been speaking to me, she'd been answering Jasper's question...
"What did you see?" I said...Jasper looked at me sharply. I kept my expression vacant and waited. His eyes were confused as they flickered swiftly between Alice's face and mine, feeling the chaos...for I could guess what Alice had seen now."
ImageImage