Confederate Army~ Team Jasper

dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Confederate Army~ Team Jasper

Post by dimber »

Thw t-shirt is really cool!!!!!

I'm sorry for not being around a lot but it's really a crazy period...when are we going to know everybody's names and grades, by the way?? 8-)
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

redlips
Learning to Love Green

Post by redlips »

ATTENTION ALL JASPER LOVERS!

I've made a little Jasper questionnaire that I would like you all to fill out and post. The idea is, that when we get a new member they would fill this out.

Perhaps it should be in the first post/welcome post?

Also, if you have any suggestions for other questions, pm me and I might add them in. However, I'm hoping to keep this short and sweet, so don't get too carried away, that's what discussion topics are for! :D

Without further ado:

- What was your first impression of Jasper?

- What do you like about Jasper?

- What is your opinion on Jasper's past (in the army, with Maria, etc.)?

- What do you think about the casting of Jackson Rathbone as Jasper in the Twilight movie?

- What is your favourite Jasper moment and/or quote?

- Anything else you'd like to share about yourself, or how you came to love Jasper?

I'll be posting my own answers shortly.
Major Redlips, Sergeant Major of Jasper's Confederate Army,
I'm suffering from OCD: Obsessive Cullen Disorder
Team Jasper: Because everything is bigger in Texas
Pandancer
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Pandancer »

Yet again, I love the shirt you made, Waffle! ^_^; They're so awesome.

And sorry I haven't been on much. I've been busy lately. :S

- What was your first impression of Jasper? He was just kind of.. I don't know, 'there' at first. I just thought he was kind of a cool sidekick to Alice. I started liking him more and more as I found out more about him, and I actually stood up for his character when some kids online were saying how 'mean' he was for 'attacking' Bella. :lol:

- What do you like about Jasper? I'm not sure. I think it's the fact that he's your Southern gentleman stereotype, and he's so.. Quiet, but when you find out more about him, you see how hard it is for him to be doing what he is, and you see how much he cares about all of them. He's very strong for keeping himself in order like he is, even if he sometimes has his 'moments'. He's trying hard and definitely getting there, and he needs to view it that way instead of putting himself down. :roll:

- What is your opinion on Jasper's past (in the army, with Maria, etc.)? I absolutely fell in love with the story, and it was my favorite part of Eclipse. <3 I aww'd the whole way through it, and the end really showed how much he loves Alice and how they kind of put the pieces of the puzzle together.

- What do you think about the casting of Jackson Rathbone as Jasper in the Twilight movie? I've had moments where I was iffy, especially about the hair. xD But I originally liked him for the part, and I like Jackson even more now after actually seeing his acting. He was great on The Cleaner, and I was excited to see him on the show, since I used to watch the episodes every week. ( Swenton, ftw! )

- What is your favourite Jasper moment and/or quote? I can't get the book right now, but it was the part where he was saying how he felt when he first saw Alice. I used to have the quote memorized, but unfortunately, I lost it. That, or, well.. It wasn't a direct quote from him, but I loved the 'I'm sorry, ma'am.' Such a simple quote, but it showed his personality so well, and that just had me squealing.

- Anything else you'd like to share about yourself, or how you came to love Jasper? About myself... I recently discovered that when I'm bored enough, I turn on Dawson's Creek so I can laugh at how different Joshua Jackson was back then. Totally random, I know, but it just went off...
Backhoe Trainee in EDC, Inc. : Let's break down some houses! >D
Captain Bri Devonshire in Jasper's
Army -Salutes-
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

Well, hello everybody!
I'm so glad I found this thread. I think the best way to introduce myself and my Jasper obsession would be to fill in the questionnaire.

I can't remember my exact first impression, because I first read Twilight in October '06 - kind of a while ago now. ;)
He was always intruguing to me though - what got me interested was those lines where Edward tells Bella "Jasper came from a different kind of family. A very different kind." That hooked me. I wanted to know more about this dark, mysterious character.

Well, for a start he's gorgeous. :D I think one of the main things that appealed to me was that there seemed to be a lot of past behind him that the other Cullens didn't have.He was this really fascinating character, and we knew almost nothing about him. And I think there's something very sexy about a vampire who's battling with himself.

I think it just makes him more interesting. It's part of him, it makes him who he is.

- What do you think about the casting of Jackson Rathbone as Jasper in the Twilight movie?
He certainly looks good enough to play Jasper! (Look at my avvie. I love that picture.) I'm not one of those people who can get really involved with discussion about a film before I've seen it though. I'd rather make opinions once I've seen his performance.

Ooh, tricky. One of my favourite scenes is when he's teaching the others how to fight in Eclipse. I think the most interesting Jasper bits are the things we don't really see in the books though. All his brooding and worrying, his struggles with himself. Things that are hinted at or referred to in the books, but aren't detailed.

- Anything else you'd like to share about yourself, or how you came to love Jasper?

I've been writing Jasper fanfics for ages. My friend Epona once dubbed me 'Queen of Jasper Land' because she said my stories were so accurate. They're up on Pel's site, btw. Here's one of them: Training
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

- What was your first impression of Jasper? When Bella first saw him in the cafeteria? he was just one of three beautiful men. Throughout Twilight, I didn't really veiw him as a big character- like you would veiw Ben or Seth... Though, when we got a closer look- I fell in love.

- What do you like about Jasper?What is there NOT to like? He's amazing, perfect- from Texas, a southern gentleman, controls emotions- and his personality- his battlescars, his- everything! even his struggle to resist blood has creates an irresistable quality!

- What is your opinion on Jasper's past (in the army, with Maria, etc.)? When I read this part of Eclipse, I never wanted it to stop. I wanted SM to drop Bella, Edward, Jake, and just give us Jasper's story. I wanted to know everything about him and his personality- his appearance, his relationship with Alice. Also- who could go wrong with a Major from Texas in the CONFEDERATE army!??

I love Jackson, I think he's a adorable- mostly. I don't know about that hair- I think it looks- :shock:... as to be expected, he isn't like the Jasper in my head at all. But given that no actor can be as perfect as the Jasper that I know and love, Jackson will to a fantastic job- and he will be so amazing that I will forget about the hair! :D

urgh- its a tie. #1: when Jasper first met Alice. that exchange was better than any romance I've ever heard of- better than Bella and Edward or Bella and Jacob! It was so beautiful, so simple and so perfect! <3
#2: when Bella first "sees" Jasper in Breaking Dawn- all his scars"Dangerous, they screamed. How many vampires had tired to kill Jasper? Hundreds? Thousands? The same number that had died in the attempt.... Jasper both saw and felt my assesment and smiled wryly" *melts into a giant puddle* That entire passage is so amazing!

- Anything else you'd like to share about yourself, or how you came to love Jasper? erm- my friends think I'm insane. I'm obsessed- and not even about the main character! but they just don't understand!

oh- and - I wish I knew how to make banners- I would have a million Jasper banners!!!
ColormeBSG
Megsimadic
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Megsimadic »

I thought Jasper kept himself to himself (and Alice) but I was sure there was something more because of that.

I really liked his power, but mostly I liked how even without his power he seemed to be the one to make Bella feel better, like at the climax of Twilight when she thinks she isnt worth it and he tells her she's wrong and that she is worth it.

Everyone loves a wounded soldier. I find it really interesting and it explains much more how things are so difficult for him, how he cant always resist. It also shows us how great a person he is to walk away, and fight for his friends.

I think they made a good choice with him. He is quite how I pictured Jasper, and I know everyone pictures things differently but I think he fits the part. I'll make better judgment after I have seen the film.

ooh, dont have my books here so...
- I love when he shows Bella that Alice can defend herself when practising to fight the newborns. I love when he tells Bella not to worry about the stag night. I love how he cant leave Bella alone because she is so happy and comfortable with vampire life in Breaking Dawn. Obviously when he tells the story of his history and how him and Alice met..I think thats my favourite.

I think after New Moon I got caught up in Alice and Jasper and their unbreakable private bond. That was when I really started to love him as a character, and after Eclipse I felt like I really understood why he was that way.
My Youtube - My Livejournal
Private Meg Shinigami of Jasper's Confederate Army

Team Jasper:He is my happy hormone
Team Alice: Because Im short and annoying too!
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

- What was your first impression of Jasper? I didn't really have one , at first he was just a minor character to me and I was to absorbed about Bella and Edward to give much thought to him.

- What do you like about Jasper? I'm not entirely sure, he's basically my perfect guy - the strong but silent type, I like his reservedness and his relationship with Alice. You know that if you're his friend or lover he wouldn't hesitate to kill for you ( which might not be THAT brilliant :? ) Also his power is pretty awsome. His preseverance of the Cullen diet, especially when he finds it so hard, adds to his strength of character ( though he did do it at first for slightly selfish reasons) I kinda find soldierism attractive but only specific types of soldiers ie Jasper. + read the next answer.

- What is your opinion on Jasper's past (in the army, with Maria, etc.)? I like his old attitude to women and stuff, it's kinda cute, But I wouldn't be too happy if he treated me like that. His beliefs are cool - like the Patrioticness, and his acceptance of orders. He's obviously a fighter and does what he needs to survive, I find his story and reasons for joining the Cullens really interesting.

- What do you think about the casting of Jackson Rathbone as Jasper in the Twilight movie? It suprised me how much I liked this choice - I nearly always hate films of books and the actors are never how I pictured the characters so I dislike them. - But Jackson Rathbone is pretty much how I imagined him but I dislike his hair in the movie.

- What is your favourite Jasper moment and/or quote? I thought about this for a while and I've decided - like the Ronan Keating song - That I like that he says barely anything. I like a quiet guy and I think it just impresses on his Depth of character.

- Anything else you'd like to share about yourself, or how you came to love Jasper? Not Really :lol:
Last edited by Spartan on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
redlips
Learning to Love Green

Post by redlips »

Like everyone else was saying, Jasper was originally just one of the 'beautiful people', and I didn't really take much notice of him. Of course, throughout the rest of the books we learnt much more about him and got to see his personality a bit. After rereading (and maybe after some fanfics too) I really fell in love with him!

The fact that he's a gentleman. I also like the fact that, despite being a vampire automatically makes you beautiful, Jasper still has all those scars, a kind of reminder of his human/past life. He has to work hard to control his craving for human blood, because he's been using humans for a loooooooooong time. It really says something about his character by how hard he tries to curb his cravings. And he's smart.

Like most Jasper fans, I'd love to find out more about his time in the army, especially when he was still human, and his human life before that. What made him join the army at such a young age? I think showing us his past a bit was a great way to explain how his 'power' worked.

I think he suits it fairly well. He's definietly cute, and I'm not sure about the hair yet, but it will be very interesting to see how well he fits in with the Jasper we all imagine.

Probably when he's telling how he and Alice met. We all love a good love story with a happy ending. :D

I think fanfiction has definitely made me love Jasper more. Sometimes I forget if I read something in the actual books, or if it was just from a really good fanfiction. :lol:
Major Redlips, Sergeant Major of Jasper's Confederate Army,
I'm suffering from OCD: Obsessive Cullen Disorder
Team Jasper: Because everything is bigger in Texas
*Aros_girl*
Lusting for Blood

Post by *Aros_girl* »

My first one was, wow he is a msyteery. I really wanted to know more about him. And when he used his powers I just feel in love with Jasper. BUt I think the first time I really saw him was in Eclips. And maybe a few fanfics.

I really like the fact that he is from Texas. Considering I'm from Texas as well. But I also love his power. Controling emotions seem like it could come in handy. But He was also involed in one of my favorite time periods. The civil war. I'm in love with that and WWII

I think that is what made Jasper. I mean he is the one with the most trouble but that makes him him. If he wasn not in the army he would just be another cullen.

I really don't know how I feel about it. I don't mind him and he is cute. So I guess I love it.

My favorite Jasper moment is when he is just finding Maria. BUt I don't have the book with me right now. But then I like the whole chapter dedicated to him. But I remeber one qoute(who knows why I remember this one) " I didn't have quite the same...upbrining as my adopted siblings here. My beginign was something else entierly."
Not really.

ImageImage
My site!!! http://z3.invisionfree.com/Crimson_Sand/index.php
Twi-Twin Jenni
JOF Jane-Volturi~Major Eva- Jasper's army
K-Dawg
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by K-Dawg »

I honestly thought he was a little shy when he first didn't talk to Bella, when Edward brought her to meet everyone. I also thought he was happy, beacuse he laughed alot, I thought.

I think the 'sensing' of moods is pretty cool, I also kinda like his past. He knows what it's like to be a killer and he left it behind and put his faith in a complete stranger. He may find it hard not killing people but his determination to change is amazing.

I think it builds to his character. He's not the perfect Carlisle, and he didn't only kill murderers, his past makes him seem frayed around the edges and not perfect. Which is more appealing.

Perfect. I love it! Amazing! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect Jasper. I love Jacksons' hair!

When he talks to Bella through her window, the night before the wedding, and when he says she is worth it when everyone goes after James.

I live in New Zealand. I named my camera Jasper, yes sad I know - It started as a joke, but got out of hand.
I was reading a book and a chapter name was "That's not you Jasper." I have, so far, forced two people to read Twilight. I Love Photography. And my Grandma had a cat called Jasper - It got hit by a car :cry:
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!