Gex X--the 30 something thread

Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by Brella »

Ok slightly off topic...but one of my nephew's friends came over to see if he was home. When i answered the door I noticed that he had fangs, silver ones...I was like ok, this should be interesting. So I asked how they were affixed and he said the paste that comes with them and I asked why. So he says "well I got kinda into the Twilight movie and then i read the book. I am re reading until I get the rest of the series for christmas." I offered to loan him my copy of the second book and he said no he would rather read his own copy. LMAO :lol: He looked kinda adorable, alittle scared that I had read the books and that I wasn't weirded out by his fangs, I just smiled at him and said nice fangs :lol: !!
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Twinnie - that's so funny because JL's friend would think I'm totally crazy but alot of them think that already and can't believe that I'm such a huge TW fan.

When I'm bored and don't know what to do with myself:
I usually blare my ipod and dance around my room and sing to myself. I blare my music at work also.
I try to play the most upbeat, happy songs so I don't have to think about my boredom or blah mood. I also sing at the top of my lungs.

I think that music makes me either get out of my mood or draws me into a bad mood but when I feel that I'm falling I try to pick the most hyper music I have possible. I'm a music junkie and when I find a song/songs that I like I repeat them over and over.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Perez Hilton is in love and infatuated with Rob

http://perezhilton.com/

Front page! I never go to Parez... but I hear that he loves Rob, so I went to search rob on his sight... he LOVES rob too!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Oleander I am sending you a huge hug! Your story had me in tears. I'm still weepy.

QOTD: Best Christmas memory: There are many, some for good reasons and some not so good. I remember a Christmas where I went into the family room early, saw a candle still light from the night before. I reached up and sliced my hand on glass (the candle burned all night and shattered the votive holder). There was the time I had to talk my mother down from taking a carving knife and killing my Step-Grandfather and Great Uncle because they were being their usual selves (so long story...I'll tell it if you like...it's pretty funny now). There is the last Christmas we had with my Great Uncle, the last Christmas my brothers and I spent together (before college, living away, spouses). However the best one was when I was in junior college, finishing up because I was going to be going off to University next year. Mind you I am a Daddy's girl...always have been, always will be. This was the year he had bought me a beautiful dark haired doll. When I unwrapped her, I was floored, she was really lovely and I was genuinely happy. I remember this like it was yesterday, my Dad said, that next year I was going away to school and would be becoming an full fledged adult since I'd be living away from home. (I was nineteen, would be twenty next Christmas) He said this was the last doll he could buy his "little girl" because I wasn't going to be his little girl, but his adult daughter who will have gone away to school and that he was really proud of me.

QOTD: What to do when bored: Goodness, besides the lex, reading! :D
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

Ok sorry but must change my favorite christmas fantasy...I mean memory.

A visit by Hunky Santa....

It was christmas eve of the year 2008
and I headed to bed without any further wait.
When out in the living room I heard a small clatter
I grabbed at my bat to go see what was the matter
And what to my wondering eyes should I see

Nothing except that santa had become a massive hottie!!!
Has pecs and his abs looked chisled from stone
and I hoped and I prayed he would never go home
As he kneeled down to place a package with a bow
I imagined what i would do if I had some miseltoe!
As he turned from his work he gave me a wink
but he was so fine I couldn't even blink
He finally finished placing all the packages down
and as he started to rise, I started to frown.
I stamered "Wait santa where are you off to
I know you topped the list of things that I sent you,
Did I make the naughty list, did I do something bad?"
He looked and me and said no with that chuckle he had.
He came toward me and placed his arm around my waist
"I gotta finish my work but I'll be back around eight!!!"
And he said from his sled as he rode out of sight
Merry Christmas to the Lex, dream of me this night!

Sometimes I get inspired!!! LOL :lol:
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Blustarlight your nephew is adorable. Congratulations!!!

Brella fake fangs? that's creepy :? I think this Twilight-mania is going a bit too far with some of the teen fans...don't you think?

Everybody thanks for all your support regarding Who wants to be a millionaire. I really hope to get on the show because it's really one of my little obsession: I watch it every given night...I'm a quizzes freak :lol: Two weeks ago there was a question about Twilight and the guy playing got it wrong...I was like: YOU IDIOT!!!! :lol:

Favourite Christmas Memory: definitely the preparation of nativity with my father. We used to make a big nativity, with lots of charatcters, a huge wooden frame with a silk veil as the sky. The background was hand painted, as the mountains, the grotto and all the stuff. It was as big as half of my room. We didn't like to put anything mechanic in it, like a fountain with true water or figures moving, so we usually failed the local competition for the best nativity. When I was 8 we finally managed to get a third place and received a nice plate...we were so excited and happy!!!! :mrgreen:
We loved our nativity because on Christmas's Eve all the family gathered around it to place small Jesus in the grotto around Midnight. It was a special moment. It's a pity we don't do it anymore...I hope I will be able to do it when I have my own house.

What do I do when I'm bored
: well, it depends...if I'm in a lazy mood I usually read a book or watch a movie. If I'm excited for something or hyper-active I turn on my stereo and dance like a crazy...usually to ABBA's songs :mrgreen:

I finally managed to buy the presents for everybody. A bit expensive but boyfriend and I got more good news. He finally got confirmed at work and has a permanent contract now...we wanted to thank all those who supported us in difficutl times.
grannie: a perfume in a pochette
grampa: a gas fire (this was a gift from the whole family)
mommy: two jumpers and a set of glasses
daddy: a Peruvian hadmade nativity and some special Swedish treats
uncle: an angel for his collection
my godmother: a set of creams and foams with a perfume
chocolate and treats for everybody
friends: small cushions for the pc mouse...those little things you rest your wrist on
boyfriend: the complete collection of ABBA's cds and a book
Piero and Manu (two very close friends): Trivial Pursuit '90s

Gaaa..this was long: sorry!
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Cabbage Patch Dolls. I remember asking for one for the longest time. There were 4 of us kids in the house, so money was scarce, but somehow, we always managed. I don't recall mom ever telling me "we don't have the money for that," and I had no clue how much they cost. I have a hunch that my Gramma bought it for me. My mom had flown to Chicago to visit her mom one summer, and she came home with it.

QOTD~ What do I do when I'm bored... check the Lex, play PuzzleBee on Facebook, text friends, read.

Thank you everyone for the comments on my nephew! He is such a cutie! The next time I will see him will be Christmas Day, and he'll be one week old. I can't wait to see how much he will have changed! Of course, you guys on Facebook will be able to ogle his pix the next day. It is SO wonderful being the Aunt, as I can't have kids of my own. It was just precious to see C's big brother T get his first glimpse of him; T kept calling him "my baby" while he was in the womb. My SIL went in at 5 am to be induced on Thursday, so T spent the night Wednesday with a couple from church. T stayed at the hospital for a couple of hours while we were there, and his attention span was so short, he's only 3. He'd get up and look at the baby, then run around the room and play with his Iron Man doll his dad bought for him. Right before we left, he got up in the bed, bent his head down to C, and said, "When will he wake up?" He noticed that! We all laughed a little, and his mom told him that babies sleep a lot. He said "oh" and started flying his Iron Man! LOL, too cute! He'll be more aware once they get home, I'm positive.

DIMBER~ How could I have missed your news? Congratulations! I remember when "Millionaire" first came out here... it was ALL the rage! My hubby called in a few times; you had just seconds to put the answers in order. This is just awesome for you! I really hope you get on and win loads of money!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

oleander- Your story was so touching. You had me in tears. I'm sending you a big hug.

Cabbage Patch Kids..I have two. One was a baby boy that could drink his grape juice and burp. For some reason, I thought that was cute at the time. :roll: The second cabbage doll is a girl that you can make her hair long or short by pulling on it. I still have them both.

Brella- I don't celebrate Xmas, but I wouldn't want to pass up on this opportunity! :twisted:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I thought of something else for the QOTD, when are we supposed to post them or do we just do it as we think of them? I don't know if this one has been asked, because I haven't been around that long but on the case that it hasn't ....

Mine is this- How often do you find yourself neglecting to do household chores because you are either here at the Lex or reading the books?

I spend way to much time on this particular site reading news blogs mostly, or the threads. Today I was supposed to clean the kitchen, but that didn't happen so I'm going to have to do that tomorrow or the next day, but soon because my family is coming in for Christmas.
Last edited by ellalou73 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

ellalou73 wrote: How often do you find yourself neglecting to do household chores because you are either here at the Lex or ready the books?
*Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.* You know the Bible says to confess your faults one to another. *sigh* I neglected to get things going when we were readying to move into a new apartment. I finally had to post that I had to clean and pack, and that I wouldn't be on here until after we moved. I ended up checking the email notifications and reading the threads, just not posting as much. As a result, it was mad-rush time on moving night. We started Tuesday afternoon before Thanksgiving, and there was so much left to do! I did have most of it done, but the stuff that was left was just piddly, items that couldn't be packed until the last minute anyway. I have let the chores slip on several occasions, let the house get dirtier than I like, which isn't much to begin with. There have been a couple of times that hubby called me into the kitchen to help with dinner, and my response was, "just a sec, I'm finishing up a post." *bad wife!* :)

To top it off--- there are still a couple of boxes left to be unpacked...there are pictures that need to be hung...I need to organize our master closet...I need to re-box my old books because the current boxes are falling apart...I need to get the spare room organized so I can get the litter box OUT of my bathroom! :lol: