Gex X--the 30 something thread

oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by oleander »

how often do i find myself neglecting household chores and whatnot because of the LEX and reading?

LOL! I realized this weekend that my place was in shambles! I've spent the last couple of weeks doing nothing in my spare time but surfing the LEX, haunting facebook, reading fanfic, barreling through the BDB books, and writing like a madwoman. When i realized i was letting things slide so much i made a pact with myself this weekend that i would do my chores BEFORE i could allow myself to get lost in a book or my laptop. So yesterday morning i got up, took my "focus-in," did my chores and then allowed myself to slump into my love seat with my laptop and i didn't move from that spot for hours.

This morning my office is shut down due to the blizzard that's raging outside my window and i laid in bed and read a book. That's all i've done. Now they're saying that public transit is still off the roads so i've got another 2 hours of reprieve before i have to venture out to try to find a bus, so i have to decided...do i finish up the last of the dishes or do i break into another book?

speaking of books, i've just done the math and since I discovered Twilight in late July, i've read 30 unique books (some of which i've read upwards of 5x). this is fantastic! i went years without cracking a book because it was too hard to read because of my ADD. now i can't stop! hooray for an attention span, good books, and great friends who recommend them!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Goodness, great question!

How often do you find yourself neglecting to do household chores because you are either here at the Lex or reading the books? Well, considering I am at work usually, I neglect the administrative stuff that is part of my job. I am really good at paperwork, but I hate it. So, I used to stay on top of it day to day. Now, I do it all in a hour or so once a week. It's not like my work is suffering, but I am procrastinating. Luckily we haven't been as swamped as we were, things aren't slow but they are good. So (since I"m used to having to work really fast to keep up), I'm doing okay. :D But this just goes to show that I could really take over the world if I wasn't spending so much time here. :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

How often do you find yourself neglecting to do household chores because you are either here at the Lex or reading the books?

Umm...all the time! The lex is my version of coffee in the morning. I get twitchy if I don't log on to see what's going in the TW world. It's really the first website I open up when I get to work. Some days, I really don't leave the website and just lurk. It's nice to have something soothing to look at while you want to make your boss poof up in flames. :lol:

Books: This is even worse than the lex. I usually get scolded for reading all the time. I usually play my library degree card and say it comes with the job description. I'm seriously considering being a YA lit reviewer for a magazine. Let's see how far I go with it. I was good though on Saturday, where I cleaned the house during the day and then I spent the evening/early morning reading DH #2. Not only were my arms and shoulders sore, but my eyes were dry from crying. I'm such a sap when it comes to yummy warriors. :roll:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

Everyone, I just talked to GNE and I told her that everyone is praying for her MIL and she is in their thoughts. She wanted me to tell all that she said Thanks and she means it.

She is at the hospital right now. So I am sure we will get an update soon!!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

ellalou73 wrote: Mine is this- How often do you find yourself neglecting to do household chores because you are either here at the Lex or reading the books?
Hmmm... being snowed in and all for 5 days, I think I've clocked about 87 hours on the computer and 38 minutes doing household chores. Hours reading 0. (now you know why I am a little slow with BDB

Maybe I will redeme myself today.

oh and that other QOTD: I don't get bored.

sending prayers to GNE and MIL!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

How often do you find yourself neglecting to do household chores because you are either here at the Lex or reading the books?

I think of it as creative distraction, since I hate housework ;)
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I totally started laughing at this QOTD!! Because for the past hour I've been saying I need to get going and clean up my house... My parents are on the way from the airport, and *should have* been here at 3:30 (now). I literally was chatting on YM for most of the time, checking my LEX posts. Then I jumped in the shower and called my mom - their luggage was delayed. PHEW, sigh of relief... I have time to do all those chores. So what did I do, got back on LEX and saw this thread!! Hee Hee! :lol: So, pretty much, I neglect my household duties on a daily basis!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Glad to see that GNE is keeping us posted on her MIL. Thanks vampman!

CG, since you like to read YA, have you read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side? I just read it this morning and loved it!! I have also thought about how interesting it would be to be a YA reviewer.
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

quick update: una is updating gutter and me here.

GNE MIL is out of surgery and in the recovery room. They removed a tumor the size of a watermelon. 12 inches long and 8 inches wide. She is doing well though.

GNE says thank you to everyone for your support!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

oleander- No, I haven't read that one. I read a book called "Compound", which was worse than a B rated horror movie. It's about this family who goes to live in a compound the father built in case of a nuclear war. Well, the dad turns out to be a psycho and then there's like out of nowhere clone babies. I really, really wanted my two hrs back. :evil:

Thanks for the update, vampman
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!