Gex X--the 30 something thread

inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by inspired »

Dimber let me first say that I have lived all over the United States and this "dish" has only been served here in North Carolina (possibly a southern thing)- Liver Pudding. I have never had it, never will. Liquified cow and/ or pig liver...nasty!

On the subject of slippers, I prefer to be barefoot as well. Most of our slippers end up doggy chew toys.
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

Liver pudding?? Eww, eew,eew,EEEWWWW! I get baaad mental pics, & I could not imagine EVER wanting to even TRY it!! :shock:
My grandparents fry up chicken "gizzards"...Needless to say, I have never tried them. Blah!
I have issues with hot dogs as well...lips,beaks, & booty-holes. I won't even eat the "all beef" or Kosher ones. :lol:
Bread pudding, I also cannot do. I think it's a texture thing.

As far as footwear goes, I wear birkies year round. If it is chilly, I'll wear slippers. For some reason, I have also always had sock issues. They are very restrictive/binding.. :lol: My son is showing the trait for not liking socks either. Neither of us can do flip-flops. It really bugs me to have something between my little piggies! (umm..toes.) :ugeek:
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

una wrote:ETA: It's called a pudding but it's more like a super moist bundt cake. Without the hole tho...no need to "fix" it with a potted plant (what movie??)!
My Big Fat Greek Wedding!!

Ian's parents give her parents a bundt cake, and they keep mispronouncing it. Hilaaarious!

Re: Slippers --> I'm a barefoot gal most of the time. However, right now, I'm chilly and wearing a pair of socks.

Today is cold, dreary, rainy - and still green. Is this Forks weather? I love it. I know it's the season of death and decay and endings, but I feel energized during this time of year. I always feel like September is the beginning of the year, and right now if when the fun starts. I'm such a weirdo. I hate warm weather. I would love 70* weather everyday.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

shanon wrote:

As far as footwear goes, I wear birkies year round.:
I am also a Berkies wearer if such a word exists if not I just made it up. I have really messed up feet a result of several surgeries in an attempt to straighten out hammer toes and they are still not quite right so anyway Berkenstocks are awesome and comfy I wear mine year round even in the cold, just put on a pair of thick socks. the only time I don't wear them is when it is raining, and cold.
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

ellalou- I have feet issues myself- while growing up, my father always said I had "Flinstone" feet! :lol: They are sooo comfy! I've got 7 pairs right now & my fav. are my Jerry Garcia "Papillo" pair! Love 'em!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Oh My, I love Birkenstocks. I think I have about 30 or more pair. I don't have foot/feet problems but I love them, I discovered them in college. I tend to go for the more non traditional, if you are looking for new and different designs, I suggest QVC. I have all different types of patterns (stars & stripes, floral, checkered, metallic, etc).

Liver pudding, yuck. I know my family likes pigs feet (gross), and they put all the insides of the turkey to make gravy, gross. Even though they aren't from the south, they are from the country and I guess you make use of the whole animal.

I love hot dogs but will only eat all beef.

I'm real particular about my food and I get made fun of about it all the time, either it's shrimp or chicken. I don't really like pork or beef that much either.

Maybe I would make a better vegitarian but not too keen on all veggies either.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

[quote="skylarblue"]

I'm real particular about my food and I get made fun of about it all the time, either it's shrimp or chicken. quote]

Eeew! Shrimp! All I can think of are poo-schutes!! Pork SERIOUSLY messes with my stomach. Just can't do it! :!:
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I am from the South and I don't eat liver anything, or anything's feet, anything that comes from the inside of any animal, or shrimp. I will only eat kosher hot dogs - and that is very seldom. I don't eat bologna, spam, devilled ham, or liverwurst. I also don't eat chicken off the bone. Yuck.

Mine & my husband's family like to tease me. His grandmother is fond of syaing,"If you grew up in the country, I bet you'd eat it." I did grow up in the country. Very rural. I still won't eat it. I also won't touch squirrel, rabbit, or any other animal that can't be purchased at the grocery store (with the exception of venison).
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

skylarblue wrote:Oh My, I love Birkenstocks. I think I have about 30 or more pair. I don't have foot/feet problems but I love them, I discovered them in college. I tend to go for the more non traditional, if you are looking for new and different designs, I suggest QVC. I have all different types of patterns (stars & stripes, floral, checkered, metallic, etc).

QVC is where i got 3 of my birkies!!!
BTW- YES, I wear Birkenstocks, YES I have really short hair--NO..I'm not a lesbian!! :lol:
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

GNE so are you vegitarian? It sounds like you don't eat any meat? I really only enjoy chicken (preferably bonless), turkey, crabs (MD blue) and shrimp.

Shanon totally agree. I love Birkenstocks and I'm not a Lesbian. I think QVC has the best prices and they have a variety of designs. I did buy a pair from another dealer, a Jerry Garcia limited edition and paid a butt load for them but haven't worn them (it was after he died) and I can't seem to wear them or get rid of them.

I remember how in college they were associated with the pot heads, tree huggers, lesbians, etc. who would wear them but after my first pair, my feet were in heaven.

I totally hate wearing shoes, if I could go bearfoot for the rest of my life, I would be in heaven (I guess that's what I can attribute to my flat feet now).
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!