The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Post by Jazziscool »

O MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I read this book the first day SM recomended it, and it is AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to see if Katniss will chose Gale or Peeta! I would chose Gale! :D

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

What a fantastic book! Everyone i've lent it to has adored it.

It came with such high praise from both SM and Stephen King that I couldn't resist buying and reading it.

I'm with you Jazz, I think she should choose Gale.
edwardISmine
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardISmine »

YAY!!!! I requested this thread!!!!

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book (lets just say it's up there with twilight) I can not wait for the second one!! I feel bad for Peeta thought, he really likes katniss.

who would you choose? Gale or Peeta?
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I really want to read this book, but no ordering company here in belgium imports it. It seems impossible for me to get the book at this point. But I heard so much talking about it on the lex. So I really want to read!
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

OMDE, I loved this book! I was a fan of Suzanne Collin's book 'Gregor the Overlander' when I was younger, but I had no idea that she'd written another book until I saw the recommendation for The Hunger Games on Steph's website. So I made my dad get it for me all the way from Atlanta. (Believe me, that's far from where I'm currently sitting).

Anyway, I LOVED it! I read it so fast, and just couldn't put it down. I couldn't believe that Katniss didn't realize that Peeta was really in love with her until the end. That was sort of sad, even though I understand that she had a lot of other things to worry about.

Gale is hotter than Peeta, but I feel that she made the right decision in saying that she never wants to have children...

And I wish that there was a little more characterization in the book. Maybe Twilight has spoiled me, but I really wanted to know more about all the characters. Even Katniss herself was incomprehensible at times.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

Lieziewiezie wrote:I really want to read this book, but no ordering company here in belgium imports it. It seems impossible for me to get the book at this point. But I heard so much talking about it on the lex. So I really want to read!
You can buy an eBook and read it online.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
AliceC
Learning to Love Green

Post by AliceC »

LOL yeah i bought this book when Stephenie Meyer reccommended it because,
if she said it was good, it must be good.

I really lurrrvvvveeeddd it. It was so good, couldn't even put it down!

LOL definitely will buy the sequel when it comes out : )

You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. - Ian O'Shea
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Post by danobanano »

I can't stop thinking about his book, and I've already listened to it on tape twice.
I have so many questions:

How will Katniss learn to cope with the "love" she has for Peeta because the Games made her explore that notion verses the love she has never thought about with Gale. How long with Katniss and Peeta have to keep up their love affair to avoid problems from the Capitol? How long with the camera be watching the two of them.

Will there be a rebellion of the Districts against the Capitol?
Will Katniss and Peeta have to train next years Reaping winners?
Those beasts in the arena, were they really manipulated with the body parts of the loosing contestants, because that's just sick and wrong.

How much of Katniss and Roo's story was aired for Distric 11 to see? I know they gave her a present but what's going on in the minds of the citizens of Distric 11? For a community that is segregated by districts to see a sucessful friendship being form, what does that do to the moral of the citizenship. Will there be a new exchange of communication between the Districts or will the Capitol keep them all in submission.

What is Cena's backstory, why did he choose District 12? What's with the holding hand gesture he insisted on with Peeta and Katniss during the Opening ceremonies that added just the right touch of rebellion? Is there higher meaning behind the girl on fire theme he dressed Katniss in?

So many questions and book two doesn't come out for another year. Aargh. Has anyone found a Hunger Games fansite?
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
edwardISmine
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardISmine »

danobanano wrote: So many questions and book two doesn't come out for another year. Aargh. Has anyone found a Hunger Games fansite?

I found this website, not a whole lot going on on it though last I checked. It's still new though and catching on!
http://www.hungergamestrilogy.com/phpbb ... 4bec226d30