Twilight Saga Q&A #2

twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Penguins x Lovely wrote:so i'm reading Twilight again for at least the 4th time, and i noticed this on page 141..

"I opened the window-- surprised when it opened silently, without sticking, not having opened it in who knows how many years-- and sucked in the relatively dry air." - Bella

and i was wondering.. do you think the window opened quietly because of how Edward had been sneaking in at night to watch Bella and he had made sure the window was noiseless so not to get caught by Bella? that's what i'm assuming cause most windows are loud when they havent been opened in that long lol.

In Midnight Sun, Edward addresses this; I don't have the exact quote but its something along the lines of the after the first time he goes in, the window squeaks and he thinks to himself that he needs to oil the window next time (then thinks.."there will be a next time?!") ahhhh I LOVE Midnight Sun!! :D
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Zoltan »

Adrienne wrote:
Zoltan wrote:
Adrienne wrote:
lizard68 wrote:^^^ You're welcome. I don't post much. I'm glad I could help. :)

I have a question. I'm reading Eclipse for the 3rd or 4th time and on pg 199 when Edward comes to Bella's after Alice has dropped her off from the slumber party it is obvious when Bella opens the door that Edward has already picked up the scent of the other vampire from around the outside of the house --

"I pulled the door open with a big smile on my face. Edward's golden eyes were wide, his nostrils flared, his lips pulled back over his teeth." then he has her stand still while he flies around the house checking it out.

I wondered as I was reading this time why he waited when he caught the scent outside and knocked on the door and waited to be let in instead of immediately going up to her room and flying around the house checking for the intruding vampire that way. Thoughts? What am I missing?

I think he wanted to see where the scent was left at for clues, not searching for the actual vampire. Obviously, it was left in Bella's room but at the time being, Edward is thinking that it must be the Volturi coming to check on her and he is trying to prolong her human life as much as possible. Edward would know if a vampire was there. He'd be able to hear his thoughts. And lastly, he is way more responsible than that. Especially with Charlie being there, he's not going to do anything rash unless he knew for a fact that a vampire was hiding somewhere in the house. He'd protect Charlie bc he means alot to Bella but he didn't sense any huge danger there to not be able to leave Bella alone for two seconds. We know that when Bella is highly at risk of another vampire, Edward won't leave her side for anything.
twilightsagaaddict wrote:I have a couple of questions about BD. When Jacob tells Charlie about his transformation, and invites him back to the Cullens, 1) does he (Charlie) realize what Bella has become and 2) does he realize that Renesme is Bella & Edward's? I've read it 2x now and just can't put my finger on it.

sorry if its been answered on a different post....I've looked but couldn't find it.

Thanks!!
1)Charlie realizes that Bella has drastically changed but ignorance is bliss in his case. He doesn't know what she's become but he does see the changes and knows that she's not the same anymore. Remember in the book how humans subconsciously shy away from vampires without knowing what they really are, but they know enough to know that they need to stay away? That's the feeling Charlie has with Bella (he's all tense) but this is still his daughter so he'll work it out to keep her in his life on a "need to know" bases.

2)He definitely knows that Renesmee is Edward's and Bella. After most of the shock is gone, he can see that she looks alot like Bella and Edward both.
“Love you, too, kid. Whatever else has changed, that hasn’t.” He touched one
finger to Renesmee’s pink cheek. “She sure looks a lot like you.”
I kept my expression casual, though I felt anything but. “More like Edward, I
think.” I hesitated, and then added, “She has your curls.”
Charlie started, then snorted. “Huh. Guess she does. Huh. Grandpa.” He shook
his head doubtfully. “Do I ever get to hold her?”
(Beginning of chapter 26. Shiny, BD)

He just can't figure out how in the heck did the whole pregnancy and "three month old" baby happened in such a short time lol.
Doesn't that mean he shied away from the other Cullen's too?
Prior to any of Bella's transformation, I think he was actually fairly comfortable with Carlise and very comfortable with Alice (he owed her alot lol.) He was only wary of Edward bc of how badly he hurt Bella but overall before she took off to Phoenix, he seemed really comfortable with him as well. Also, when Emmett distracts Charlie with the game he goes and sits with him as well. All these circumstances that other ppl shy away from, Charlie ignores. I think that's another thing Bella inherited from him: the lack of self-preservation lol.

BUT it was one thing to know that the Cullens were a little different but a whole another thing to know that his daughter is now like them in every way that set them apart from normal people (humans lol). After seeing Jacob transform, and then seeing/hearing confirmation that Bella was different while visiting her it reminded me of Bella's reaction when she froze in the Meadow Scene when Edward "let loose." Her reactions were a little late and she was scared of a vampire like she should've been initially. Now that Bella changed and Charlie recognized all that, it made it all more real for him bc he now knows it's not normal and that she is much less human. So I guess in that part of the book he was responding in the way a human should've initially upon meeting a vampire without knowing it lol.
Wow, that was a good explanation.
Penguins x Lovely
Settled in Forks

Post by Penguins x Lovely »

twilightsagaaddict wrote:
Penguins x Lovely wrote:so i'm reading Twilight again for at least the 4th time, and i noticed this on page 141..

"I opened the window-- surprised when it opened silently, without sticking, not having opened it in who knows how many years-- and sucked in the relatively dry air." - Bella

and i was wondering.. do you think the window opened quietly because of how Edward had been sneaking in at night to watch Bella and he had made sure the window was noiseless so not to get caught by Bella? that's what i'm assuming cause most windows are loud when they havent been opened in that long lol.

In Midnight Sun, Edward addresses this; I don't have the exact quote but its something along the lines of the after the first time he goes in, the window squeaks and he thinks to himself that he needs to oil the window next time (then thinks.."there will be a next time?!") ahhhh I LOVE Midnight Sun!! :D
yeah i haven't read Midnight Sun in hopes that it will someday be published in full..
it's so tempting though haha

look after my heart-- i've left it with you.
dopeydm

Post by dopeydm »

I just Re-read New Moon and I have a question that I am pondering.

Jacob seems to take on Physical characteristics of Sam. Do you think this is part of the werewolf transformation? Or is it because Jacob can read all of Sam's thoughts?

I sincerely hope that SM can write more from the packs' POV. I am so curious about how everything came about. Yes, Jacob's book in BD helped, but I still have so many "I wonders".
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

dopeydm wrote:I just Re-read New Moon and I have a question that I am pondering.

Jacob seems to take on Physical characteristics of Sam. Do you think this is part of the werewolf transformation? Or is it because Jacob can read all of Sam's thoughts?

I sincerely hope that SM can write more from the packs' POV. I am so curious about how everything came about. Yes, Jacob's book in BD helped, but I still have so many "I wonders".
Can you explain your question a little more. What characteristics?
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
cullens_love

Post by cullens_love »

Can a Vampire love fade I mean would it be possible that Edward and Bella or any other vampire couple split up :?:
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
dopeydm

Post by dopeydm »

Sorry, I didn't mean to be cryptic with my question. I forget that you aren't Edward and can't read my thoughts! :)

The key characteristic that I was referring to is the Smile. She mentions it several times. It is not her Jacob's smile but more Sam's smile. And later, it is a combination of the two.

Thanks
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

dopeydm wrote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to be cryptic with my question. I forget that you aren't Edward and can't read my thoughts! :)

The key characteristic that I was referring to is the Smile. She mentions it several times. It is not her Jacob's smile but more Sam's smile. And later, it is a combination of the two.

Thanks
I would say that it is a little bit of both. A little of the transformation and a little of being with Sam. The transformation made him physically older and aging tends to change the way we look. Also, when you spend a bunch of time with someone and get extremely close to them, you tend to start looking or acting like them. Picking up on some of their characteristics.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

cullens_love wrote:Can a Vampire love fade I mean would it be possible that Edward and Bella or any other vampire couple split up :?:
Well, since they're like living stone, changes to who they are as people are few and far between, so they would have that 'just fell in love' feeling for eternity. I don't see a vampire couple splitting up. Yet another pro for turning into a vampire!
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
cullens_love wrote:Can a Vampire love fade I mean would it be possible that Edward and Bella or any other vampire couple split up :?:
Well, since they're like living stone, changes to who they are as people are few and far between, so they would have that 'just fell in love' feeling for eternity. I don't see a vampire couple splitting up. Yet another pro for turning into a vampire!
Well, as we saw in New Moon, Edward was able to split with Bella- but it tortured him the entire time.

As said above, the feeling never goes away. If the love is requited, I don't think there's any possible way that they'd split.