Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by VampLover »

Thank you all for your birthday wishes! Your cheering me up while I sit at work!! I think birthdays qualify as a holiday and should be a paid day off!!
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Actually birthdays are a paid off holiday where I work but only if you're full time. Happy Birthday Vamplover.

Nima, you can watch them for free on HBO online. The books are better (aren't they always ;), but the show is good in it's own way. Be warned pretty graphic. We could only watch them after the kids went to bed.

CG: Glad to hear your new job is going so well.

Lots of questions to answer:

I joined right around the time Nima did. We met on the Hash. I too found the Lex through Steph's website and the first thread I visited was about being obsesed with Twilight. I remember being very scared of Alcy and Ousia when I first found the gutter. I never got on the chats and still really haven't gotten on YM because I never seem to have the time. It's on my list.

QOTD: I love the snow. I want to move up north and just walk in it. That's what I like to do.

QOTD2: I've only been stung once and it was when I was about 6 and I stepped on it. Don't know why I thought that might be a good idea. My foot was so swollen I couldn't get my shoe on for a week.

Well, I had my interview and it went pretty well. The gal they are hiring for the postion, the loan officer that works at my branch and my supervisor are all going to start working with me so I can learn more about the loan dept and procedures so I can take over the job in 6-12 months. Then the gal they are hiring will move up as well then. I started my excel class last night so that should help when I start working with spreadsheets. So I technically don't have the job yet but at least I have something to work toward.

I think we found our SUV.. I had to settle on an older version but hey, in 3 years I can trade it and get a newer one. I'll let you know how it goes.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I forgot to mention 2 things in my earlier post:

Oleander: There are 8 released books in the Sookie series. The latest book is From Dead to Worse. A new one should be out in the spring: Dead and Gone.

Bewitched: "pretty graphic" is almost an understatement. Is there an episode where Jason isn't nekkid? Nima & I were just discussing where she could find the episodes. Your news will make her happy.

Happy Birthday, VampLover!! I agree; birthdays are holidays!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

GNE, I can't get the 8th book. My bookstore buddy told me that it wasn't out yet and that it was coming out in March or May (I can't remember). I had ordered it when I ordered the rest of them and she called the book rep who said it wasn't available until Spring. Hmm...now I'm feeling gypped. :(

The snow question...forgot to answer that one...most of you already know but I hate the snow (yah, and I live in Canada...how ironic, eh? :? ) I don't like doing anything in the snow. Oh, I do enjoy sleigh rides, but that's it. Oh, I guess I enjoy taking photos of snow, but that's different.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Oleander: Could it be a Canadian thing as to why it isn't available? It has been released. I have my library's copy still. It's a huge hardback. Not as big as Ash's book, but close. ;)

We don't get snow here often enough for me to have outside activities. Like BSL, I enjoy admiring it and taking pictures of it. I don't like to walk in it because it makes the snow ugly. We haven't had snow since last March. I'm hoping we have a lot of snow this Spring. LOL I love snow days!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
stuckinthetundra
Wandering Through Town

Post by stuckinthetundra »

Bewitched wrote:
QOTD: I love the snow. I want to move up north and just walk in it. That's what I like to do.
Move here Bewitched We have 40 or 42 inches and are expecting 6 more tonight and tomorrow..... It is no long fun to walk in! It is cold, oour high today is 15 which beats the heck out of the 30 belows of last week, and makes for lousey driving. I avoid going out in as much as possible.. doing my grocery shopping after work and then huddling up in the house until I'm forced and pried out my front door..... it looks much more romantic than it actually is.
Stuckinthetundra is : Indestructible VampToy

I can put my crown on if it makes it more offical :)
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Happy Birthday, VampLover!
Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Jules: I tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't go through. Yes, that is Jason Lewis in my banner. I borrowed it from photobucket. He's a pretty decent Kyrian, although my Kyrian is a bit older.
This is was the first question that popped into my head when I got on the lex. Nothing like having the warriors in mind. :twisted:

Bewitched: Good luck on the job. I consider student teaching as a job. I'm starting to look for a job. The good schools tend to post now and then start the interview process.

QOTD: I've been stung by a bee once. At the time I didn't know I was stung, but had the feeling something was sticking in me. It's like those times when I take a shower and discover that I have a bruise from somewhere and have absolutely no clue how I got it.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Happy Birthday VampLover!

I wish I had more time to write. I have been stung once. It was fairly uneventful.

BDB - First, it just keeps getting better! Second. I could have read it when I was 17. A lot of it would have gone over my head if I was even interested in the book. I was pretty immature but I read everything when I was young. I certainly would not hand my copy over to a teen. My 17 year old God-daughter know enough that she could read it and understand more that I would have at her age, but I wouldn't feel right giving it to her.

I think you have to be 17 to get into an NC-17 movie. I have never been to one and I am not sure that I am even familiar with any movies with that rating because it is so taboo. I am sure I have seen movies that would get that rating and didn't know it. It takes a lot to offend my ears and eyes. My friends often damage me far more than movies. The news damages me far more than movies.

back to work... again...
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Geez, lemme tell you about carpenter bees. If you're not familiar with those, they are the largest ones; they are FAT as all get-out, and they BORE HOLES IN WOOD- hence the name "carpenter." I had one stuck to my sock one day out on the playground when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. I just remember it being Spring time, and we finally were able to go outside for recess. I was standing there with a group of my friends, and one of them saw it. I looked down, started jumping around like an idiot, screaming, crying, and shaking my leg trying to get it off. It didn't sting me, thank God! A teacher came out and picked it off my sock. I was terrified of those things from then on!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VAMPLOVER!!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

QOTD: I have to young kids that are "afraid" to be stung by a bee. I, of course, assure them that the bees are "more afraid of you than you are of it." I tell them to just stay still if one comes near them, yet they still panic! So I hadn't ever been stung by a bee as I'm telling them all this. Then this summer, not once but TWICE I got stung. The first time, I ran outside in bare feet and I stepped on one on my driveway. I thought I had stepped on a tac. I couldn't see if the stinger was in, so my son had to go track down my husband. I think that scared him even more. Then a week later, I was gardening, and bam! stung on my wrist... It got inside of my glove. GRRR!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!