Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by inspired »

* beaming with pride* That's my man :D Now feel free to school him Guttermates :twisted:
ETA: Im_her_japser, You are on Book 2 ( Jacob's POV) well past the first chapter :D Keep reading!! Much more action on the way...hang in there!
Last edited by inspired on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

Ambrosia,

The Oregon Plates thing I caught when Edward rescued Bella from the lowlifes that were harassing her and they were speeding away and he swerved into traffic. It was only there for less than a split second so I just noticed it because I missed so much the first time I saw it

I have a request from my twin to post some PGD for hubby. Megan Fox
I hope this one is not too Guttery
I think I need a breather :lol:

Im_her_jasper

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!! Glad to see you finally made it. Great to have another guy here!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Im_her_jasper: WELCOME!! Very brave of you to join us. Inspired, you are fortunate to have a mate that is willing to give TW a go! Now, can you get him in on BDB?

Vampman: I did catch that - but I forgot about it until you mentioned it. I lived in the Seattle area for 6 years, and recognized the OR plates right away!

Ambrosia: I agree with you on the camera angles and close ups. That was one of my biggest complaints. I did not care for the extreme close ups. I don't think that added anything to the movie and I actually found them distracting. And sometimes the "real action" type camera movement made me a little "sea sick."
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

my husband is madly in love with Megan Fox! and now ashley greene

He is into Eclipse- and loving it! he is IN LOVE with ALice- he thinks Bella too dramatic, My response was that its fiction and that she would be REALLY boring if nothing happen to her.

I tried to get him to Join the lex-- he will have None of it- he also said that about the books, of course him reading them is fear inspired after FINALLY realizing that i would leave him in a Heartbeat for Rob.

I am trying to stretch out these last few pages- I have no idea what to think of Z- therefore i am worried.. haha
mmmm- i could actually see my husband likely BDB better- he has a dirty mind like myself and he loves action- the fighting kind.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Welcome Im Her Jasper. It is great having men around. Gas_Man has not shown his face around here for months and never reregistered on the new lex. Oh well. At least he understands a bit of the obsession. You are brave to enter the gutter. Inspired, you are one lucky woman.

I can't wait to see the movie again. I have only seen it once and I am looking forward to catching some of the things you guys have mentioned. I too loved the graduation caps as a piece of art. It actually looked really cool!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Welcome Im_Her_Jasper! It's always so nice to have a guy's perspective, and i'm sure vampman loves having another guy on here. Hopefully all of us women swooning over PSDs, BDBs and Twilight men won't drive you away. ;)

I have to agree with people about some of the camera work on the movie. In the "reveal" scene in the forest, the circling camera was giving me a little motion sickness.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Welcome to the Gutter, Im_her_Jasper! Yes, Vampman and Misfit needed more guys to level out some of the mature fangirl squeeing. Ha! Just kidding. As if we'd do that.

I just remembered one more thing I didn't like about the movie. It was a very small part, but it was completely wrong. When the students were in the nursery, Bella stumbled and Edward scolded her. He was mean and acted embarrassed that she's a klutz. Edward would never ever ever humiliate or scold Bella like that. I'm surprised I forgot about that since I feel so strongly about it.

Nima: Your tree is gorgeous! I'm putting mine up now. Regarding the DH that Di has read, she's reading eBooks and they are numbered differently. She's reading the supplementals as well, and they throw off the numbering system. I will drop books 7 and 8 in the mail tomorrow.

Lynz: My hubby is also ga-ga over Megan Fox...and Kate Beckinsale, Salma Hayek, and Jennifer Love Hewitt. I just realized he likes Brunettes. Just like Edward. *sigh*
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Welcome Im_her_Jasper!! Glad you found our little slice of guttery goodness! It is really nice to have a males perspective, again, welcome!

I remember that, SuperTwin and it bugged me too. There were moments also (can't remember specifically since I've only seen it once) but it seemed as is Bella was being rude to Edward. I know she didn't seem shy/embarrassed in his room but somewhat distant... I don't know, I need to watch it again.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I've only seen the movie once, but as soon as I get the chance I'll see it again (aka in January...)
So, I've been saving my "review" for the end of the evening, knowing I wouldn't be able to concentrate before everything else was done (got nothing done, but bought a ticket for the Eternal Twilight con...) :lol:

Loved!
Bella/Charlie - they felt so real together.
Charlie - He looks and acts just like my dad did before he got sick and passed away <3
Bella/Jacob - lol, they are even goofier than in the book.
humans - they were all great
Emmett - I finally like him now, I don't know what my aversion was before.
SM's cameo - I was the only one to notice in the whole cinema, everyone stared as I squeeled like a schoolgirl. That was the only squeal in the movie by the way, not even the hot boys got any...
moments:
the Edward/Jacob stare-down before prom, that just made the entire movie for me, seriously!
Billy chasing Charlie with the wheelchair <3
the Jessica/Bella "boob"-thing at prom, so exactly what me and my friends did in that age.
Tyler kissing Bella's cheek and stealing Mike's chair
Rene's note "you're being safe, aren't you?"
all the remarks that would have passed a non-reader by

still considering:
what's with the Cullen's driving separate cars to school? they should only do that after the Port Angeles trip, and then it's still only Rose's BMW.
the Vampires in general - they didn't really do it for me (Emmett being the exception)
the meadow, what's with ditching school to go sparkle? Not Edwards style really....
Why a tennis shoe? hello, Alice would never let her out of the house like that... Oh, right, they left from Bella's house... and again, why? Disliked the leggings! (they belong to the dress, therefor here)
The kiss. I'm just not sure! And where is her pajama pants?
I miss Bella's "human moments"

Dislike:
The whole "spider-monkey" thing. And what about the running up the trees? No.
Rosalie. I expected her to be full of sarcasm and snickering inputs, not downright rude to Bella's face.
Port Angeles thing, especially the diner, but most of all, where is their discussion in the car on the way back? It was one of my favorite parts of Twilight -the book.
I also miss Bella's sarcasm, it gave her character a well needed spark in the book.
I dislike that Billy drives a new shiny truck, not for the truck itself, but in the books he doesn't drive! Jacob drives him everywhere...
Why didn't Bella flirt with Jacob to get him to go walking with her, telling her stuff? That was what sparked his interest in the books and made for the whole triangle drama later...
I didn't like the way Bella woke up and saw Edward in her bedroom, that just made the whole thing feel creepy, and I never got that from the book.

In general I still think the movie was well made, it was worth the total of 6-7 hours traveling. I believe it had more to give someone who had read the books, since I found a lot of comments/lines that made references to the books. I think it will grow on me as I watch it more.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

oleander wrote:I have to agree with people about some of the camera work on the movie. In the "reveal" scene in the forest, the circling camera was giving me a little motion sickness.
OME, you too??? I usually sit in the middle of the row, about 1/3 the way from the very back. The first time I went, I had to sit a little closer, and I tell you, that hunting scene in the beginning about made me sick! The last 2 times I went, I still didn't sit back far enough. The swooping-camera during the meadow was awful. The next time I go, I'm going to sit farther back and see if that helps.

Everyone seems to love Charlie, as do I! He was the biggest surprise for me! I did squeal when I saw Stephenie in the cafe!! The Cullens' intrance into the cafeteria was just awesome! I was holding my breath, and wanted to yell when Edward walked in! Jessica's voice matched EXACTLY what I heard in my head when I first read the book as she's explaining who the Cullens are.

My first reaction after seeing the movie was that I enjoyed the human kids the most. It sounds awful to say this, and it's not meant to be negative towards SM. I felt a little that the human kids were placeholders in the book, just somethint to fill Bella's time while Edward wasn't in school because of a sunny day, or on the weekend when he's gone hunting. They don't have much life in the book (IMHO). I LOVE how they had more personality in the movie- I think all the actors did a great job of becoming the characters we love. Eric was a blast! I even found myself liking Mike.