EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #2

waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #2

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

shanon wrote: Random thought here- I watched "Fight Club" last Sunday and found myself thinking Emmett would totally jump in on that. Just for the fun of it! Wow. I think waaay too much about Emmett!
NEVER! Shanon you can never think about Emmett to much :D !

This question is fairly basic but its been on my mind lately. Basically because the two newborns we are given a chance to see are on completely different sides of the spectrum (Bree and Bella) and I often wonder where Emmett would fall between those two.

- What do you think Emmett as a newborn was like.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

OH MY WORD!!! Ladies I've been gone like two days and you went through 10 pages, 4 topics, and EMMETT!!!

Ok, hopefully someday I will get over this feeling of loss and deep regret stupid, stupid concert
Congrats to all the promotions(woo-woo!), lucky ladies who gotta hug Emmett, and Happy Belated B-Day Ashley.

On to the topics at hand:

If Rosalie and Emmett had been human (lets delve into hypothetical’s and say that they were in the same time period and had somehow come across each others paths, for arguments sake) do you think they would have still fallen in love?
Hmmm...I agree with many of you that is a tough one. Given the facts about each of them they would not have been in the same social circles. Also given the personalities of each there is much to lead one to believe that they wouldn't have ended up together. I think several factors would have to be taken into account. First and for most when? I mean the blending of different economic social groups is alot more possible in todays society then in the early 1900's. So depending on the time period it may have been quiet possible or quiet impossible. Also one would have to take into account age of Emmett and Rose. Everyone would have to agree that with age comes a broader perspective on life and what one wants and needs in life. Rose and Emmett would have been more open to a realtionship with the other the older they got because they would know more about who they are and what they need from a partner. I guess I will leave it as a definate maybe.
What do you think Emmett as a newborn was like.
I think Emmett would have been more ruled by his thirst then the others. When I say Emmett is more of an Id type personality I do not mean he is not intelleigent I just mean he seeks to sate his basic nessecities and doesn't give much thought on the morality of it. I also think it would be harder to stop him once he caught the scent because he would have been stronger than any of them especially as a newborn.
Do you think Emmett thinks of Carlisle and Esme as mother and father or just other siblings?
To all of the Cullens I imagine Esme and Carlisle are parental figures. They act in the same capacity that parents do, they instruct and guide, love and support. Also, well in Carlisle's case, are their creators.
Emmett stated that he was the youngest of six siblings. How do you think this affected his "standing" as big brother in the Cullen family?
Hmm I don't know, I think Emmett would of welcomed the chance to be the one looked up to instead of the one at the end of the line. I think being apart of such a large family he would of developed a strong sense of family and how to protect the family.

Ok those are my answers and I'm sticking to em.
Hugs all!!
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
LindsOuimet
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by LindsOuimet »

Nice job on the demolitions, Shannon! See that you had a busy day yesterday. :)

Do you think Emmett thinks of Carlisle and Esme as mother and father or just other siblings?
I think that the whole family does. It's hard not to when they've played the role for as long as they have, I suppose.

What do you think Emmett as a newborn was like?
I can see Emmett as being the most.... accepting of the situation. Kind of enamored with it, ya know? Like, "Really? So now I'm even stronger?" lol He just seems like such an easy going guy. Though I'm sure it was still difficult at times for him, he probably accepted it the easiest out of the bunch.

Private Magdalena Devries in Jasper's Army
Bulldozer Operator @ EDC, Inc.
Randomness Bum!
Owner and Operator of Calming Coves Bed & Breakfast - Jasper says Relax!
TeamEmmett
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamEmmett »

Emmett stated that he was the youngest of six siblings. How do you think this affected his "standing" as big brother in the Cullen family?
i don't think it had much of an impact, being the natural protector that he is, he just assumed the big brother role without much difficulty. Birth order plays a part in some personality traits but i think in Emmett's case he fit in right where he was supposed to be.

Do you think Emmett thinks of Carlisle and Esme as mother and father or just as other sibblings?
absolutely, they are the care takers and offer the guidance that all of their "children" have needed from when they joined the family.

probably a little freaked out, probably very excited. i can see him testing his strength out on different things. testing his speed, challenging everyone to arm wrestling matches. i could also see him hunting a lot.
Image Image Image
"I would've thought you two had knocked it to rubble by now." Emmett
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening! To All My Girls!

Well, I'm out of my "funk" WOO HOO! My 2 Demolition sessions with Emmett really did the trick :lol:

So on to the topic at hand:
I can see Emmett being one of those hard to control newborn types. It just seems that he is super hyper and spastic (at times) now, so I can see that happening back then.

I can also seeing him being unable to control his thirst but I think out of respect for Carlisle and the family, he learned to control it quickly. Also, like Tara said, I can see Emmett testing out his new vampire abilities (strength/speed, etc) to the extreme but having fun while doing it.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
LindsOuimet
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by LindsOuimet »

Good to hear you're out of your funk, Shannon. Now it seems to be my turn... Boo. :(

Private Magdalena Devries in Jasper's Army
Bulldozer Operator @ EDC, Inc.
Randomness Bum!
Owner and Operator of Calming Coves Bed & Breakfast - Jasper says Relax!
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

:o :shock: OH WOW, Shannon! I LOOOVE the new avatar! You must be trying to give me a heart attack!
I'm thinking he was pretty rowdy! Not quite typical, though. More that likely, Rose was there, nagging him to be good. Of course he had some human dinners, but I can just see her standing there, arms crossed "My record is sooo much better than yours! Ugh." :lol:
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

really,really,really,really, really STRONG!!! lol :lol: He was probably wild and hard to contain but I think he caught on to the "veg" life style quickly, does it say anywhere if Emmett ever killed any people when he was a newborn? We know he killed his "la tua Cantante" (I don't think I spelled that right), but was that when he was a newborn or a... not newborn? Sorry for my lack of words :lol:
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

shanon wrote::o :shock: OH WOW, Shannon! I LOOOVE the new avatar! You must be trying to give me a heart attack!
Which avi are you referring to? The one that I have now or the one I had for a mili-second with the angel and Emmett's quote?
ilovetwilight wrote: does it say anywhere if Emmett ever killed any people when he was a newborn?
In the deleted part that was Emmett's book, he's talking to Bella about him having a bit of trouble following the rules and they had their hands full with him at first. I would think that the "trouble" he is referring to would be killing someone. I could be wrong but that's the impression that I got.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

*wakes up from sleep & blinks several times. stretches. yawns.*

Ooooooooooohhh, a new question! Excellent!

hhhhhhm. I'd say it probably took him the average amount of time to fully control his thirst. Nothing unusual, as far as Jasper would be concerned. I don't think he would have tried very hard to abide by the vegetarian lifestyle, other than the fact that he wouldn't want to disappoint Rosalie or Carlisle. I'm guessing he probably killed his fair share of people, but I get the idea that Esme was worse than he was... After the first year though, he was probably pretty impressed with his own strength. I mean he is pretty impressive. ;) *ahem* He would probably have wanted to test his speed and his strength as much as possible. And break houses with Rosalie, of course!

heh heh.
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV