Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

jasmine wrote:Good luck tomorrow *hugs*
Do you have an idea when you'll be back online? We'll miss you.
*sends some positive and calming energy*
Good Luck Dazz!!!
Same here, when will you come back??

*sends kisses, hugs and joins Jasmine in the energy sending stuff!* ~~~~~
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

OOOO, very clever with the copy and pasting! I'll be trying that next time!

I am actually studying to get into physical therapy school with an undergrad in exercise science, so I'm taking A LOT of chemistry classes, right now its biological chemistry (gag). But after this semester chemistry is over and I get to study things I am actually interested in. JOY!
Hope you get lots done tomorrow!

Dazzled Good luck with your surgery!!!! Happy healing!!! :D
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Jasmine: It is a ton of money... because of that I was joking when I told my parents that I wanted one for Christmas. I got hooked to it when my dad visited me over the summer and brought his. He LOVES it! He really enjoys that you can get magazine subscriptions sent to it and newspapers. To my dad, it is totally worth the money... he actually got my brother one for Christmas too! To them, there is much more value to Kindle that will encourage us to read versus an Xbox or Playstation.

Plus, think of all the trees being saved ;) :lol:

But, to each their own. And there is no way, at all, that I would have been able to get one for myself anytime soon because of the cost. Just lucked out.

Dazzled by Cullens: I'll be sending you positive thoughts tomorrow! I hope they at least hook you up with some fun drugs ;) :lol: Give us an update when you can, but be sure to focus on healing as your priority... and know we are all here for you!

Wingtear: You can add me to the "English" column :D I attempted a few languages through school, but have only retained a handful of phrases (that are pretty much worthless, haha). They were French, German, and Japanese. Japanese was by far the most interesting to learn and I had the most fun with it! Some how I never took Spanish... the only language that would actually be practical where I live... oh well...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Tabs
Learning to Love Green

Post by Tabs »

Hey Dazz! Good luck with your surgery. The key to recovering as fast as possible is as much as you want to sit around doing nothing, get moving straight away. :) And do the exercises you're given religiously, to strengthen up the muscles and the joint so it's worth it. They really do make an enormous difference. The more you move the joint, and work on it, the faster it'll recover. Plus, this will sound really weird, but when I was doing my rehab unit in exercise science, we learnt that visualising muscles strengthening increases the results by about 50%. So while you're doing the exercises, if you visualise the muscle getting stronger, it will get stronger, much faster. And you can visualise the muscle and the bone repairing in that shoulder and it will repair faster. It's supposedly like letting your body know that that's what it's supposed to be doing. :) Anyway, you prob won't get this beforehand, but hope some of it might help. We've got our fingers crossed for you. :)

So, on other topics. I have a problem with the Kindle thing. It's kind of the same problem I have with the IPod that I don't use. :) It's mostly that I reread stuff a lot, and I kind of like to look through my little library, look at the covers of books, remember what they're about, and see what I feel like reading. Or I'll just see a book and think 'wow, I haven't read that for a while, I want to read it'. The same with looking through CDs to decide what to listen to. I just can't quite get into the whole, choosing a name from an electronic list thing. So, I don't know. Maybe one day.

I've also been having trouble getting away from Twilight. I've been re-reading the series over and over. I did want to start reading the BDB, but I'm skint so I was getting it from the library and unfortunately the first one is out, and was due back six or seven days ago. Growl. I hate people who bring back books late. But, I did manage to get the first of the Sookie Stackhouse books yesterday, and I read it, but I'm not sure I really like it that much. I just think I'm a bit stuck on the things I like about the Twilight vamps, like the whole thing about how most of the vampire stuff is myth - no sleeping in coffins, don't die in sunlight, refuse to bite humans no matter how it tortures them. I can't quite make the transition to 'normal' vampire mythology. It makes me keep imagining Bill Compton to look like Dracula. :) (Mind you the picture on the front cover doesn't help)

Hey, mentioning Lisette's birthday, are people's birthdays on here somewhere? I can't remember. Maybe we could do a list similar to the languages spoken one. If everyone (who wants to) mentions their birthday, I'll compile them into a list, so everyone can wish each other happy birthday if they want? And you can include the year you were born if you like, so we know how old everyone is. (I know people have said, but it's hard to keep track.

I'll start off with me. :)

Birthdays
Tabs 1st June (1980)

*Edit* Oh, and completely forgot to mention that I'm more than happy to act as field reporter in LA. I'll keep my eyes out ALL the time, don't worry. No stalking though. ;) That would be wrong.
Last edited by Tabs on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awesome banner by MRK

Member of the Gen Y Lexily!

I <3 Shadowhunters - Cause rune tattoos are SO hot, and Jace would never hurt the Cullens, they're good vampires.
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by DHSHolly »

Dazzled, good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I will keep you in my thoughts. :)
EddieC

Post by EddieC »

Suffocating Sam - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4585059/13/ ... op_Running

DcB - <333s get well soon!

Does anybody have something to do to cheer themselves up? I try listening to music, but that would be two nights in a row, I need something happy :(

Any sappy sappy love fictions for Eddie to read? XD

Eddie - April 18th 1988
All about Flash Mobs
... bit of a Geek
... Ultimate happy
... and a hopeless romantic
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Ninna- That's still nice that he at least tries! That's probably more than you can say for most guys. Are all men jealous by nature? All of my exes have been, a couple even the insanely jealous types. These same men that are jealous also seem to be hypocritical in the sense that they can do whatever they want whenever they want, but cannot extend the same courtesies to you. Maybe I just have bad luck? Well I know I have bad luck with men, but does anyone else observe/experience this type of thing? That's one nice thing about being single, I can do whatever I want whenever I want.

Catherine- I am also a fan of the opening a new tab to post my reply so that I can refer to all the previous posts, cause there are often times too many to fit in the few that appear on the same page. Russian? Sounds sexy... could Daniel Craig not be dashing in a movie? I feel he would have to try pretty hard.

Lisette- When is your birthday? I don't know if I read it somewhere or not, perhaps I have just forgotten... but it seems to be coming up soon. Doing anything special?

Dazz- I can't believe the time has come already! I wish you a speedy recovery, hurry back to us!! *BIG HUGS*

Tabs- Good idea! My birthday is July 12th (1985) So it looks like I'll be stalking Rob all by myself now... :oops:

Eddie- I usually watch a movie... a comedy that I know always gets me laughing... or the uplifting, inspirational types, can't think of any of those at the moment, but I hope you know what I'm getting at. With music, I try to play something fun and force myself to sing along (and maybe dance a bit hehe). For some people, forcing yourself to go out and have fun with some friends helps... personally, I find if I force myself to go out I don't usually have a good time anyway :roll: What's got you so down anyway? Well if you feel like sharing or need someone to talk to, you can always PM me or hit me up on Facebook. Cheer up sunshine! Oh and thanks for the link, looks like a goodie! A lot of the fan fics I've been discovering are quite long so I'm trying to go through one at a time, but I bookmarked it for later ;)
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Cymbrelynn

Post by Cymbrelynn »

I'm definitely in the plain ol' English category. I took about 7 years of French class but I'm definitely nowhere near conversational. I have a working knowledge of Hebrew as well. I'm with you, rose. People find out I studied French for so long and they're dumbfounded. I had one guy tell me he considered it "a character defect". Spanish just makes so much more sense! But alas...things can't always make sense, now, can they?

Eddie, whenever I need a boost of cheer I allow myself little simple pleasures that I usually deny. For example, if I know I'm going into a particularly hard day at work I'll make sure to get up extra early so I can stop by a coffee shop and enjoy a cup of tea and have a brownie for breakfast :) It's just a little thing that gives me a big boost. So I'd say I recommend doing something for yourself that you don't normally do. Buying books will also provide me with the same sort of pickmeup. And allowing myself a soda. Little things make all the difference :) And we're going to have a huge b-day celebration together on the Lex, right? ;)

Tabs, you don't like the ipod! Gasp! Mine broke and I was without one for months and it felt like the end of the world. It's strange that I don't feel the same about ipods since I feel exactly towards the kindle as you do. I need to have things physically in front of me. I wonder why that never applied to the ipod. hmmm...p.s. is "skint" aussie slang? I assume it means "broke" or generally for want of some money? I like it!

And the kindle is nice in that you save lots of trees and it's very green but there's just something in me that laments the passing of in-print books. Perhaps the fact that I aim to become a librarian? Also the historian in me, I bet.

Dazz, I'm thinking of you as you go through the trials and tribulations of surgery and PT. Sending positive vibes your way!

Sam, yeah, Eagles fan :( It was rough. Thanks for agreeing to being a field reporter! Even if Tabs is abandoning you in the stalkerage :( I would stalk with you if I was in LA! And in my experience, all men are jealous but some are better at controlling it than others. And the possessiveness usually does correspond with the jerk factor. I do enjoy being single but one thing I notice is that whenever I'm around friends who have a boyfriend and they're acting all lovey dovey I will feel lonely. And I don't like it! I'm a strong, self sufficient, independent woman, dang it all!

Birthday: April 17th (1986)
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
Tabs
Learning to Love Green

Post by Tabs »

:lol: Hahahahaha! Guys, that was my joking voice, when I said no stalking. I guess it sounds a lot like my ordinary voice. :lol: I'll definitely be stalking with you Sam, I was just trying to be subtle about it. Obviously a little too subtle, but at least if it worked on you guys, it might work in real life. I'll just blend in real nice, not looking like I'm stalking at all. 8-)

Yeah Kim, I'm not sure at this stage whether 'skint' is an English, Irish or Australian expression. I have a bit of a mixture of vocabulary at this point. I have a feeling it might be English slang though? :) I actually don't mind the Ipod, I just miss browsing through actual CDs, so I can only put music on my Ipod that I buy on CD. I can't bring myself to buy online (like ITunes store), because it just doesn't feel concrete enough. Plus my computer crashed once and I lost a bunch of songs from ITunes and I couldn't get them back, so I'm still sulking. :D
Awesome banner by MRK

Member of the Gen Y Lexily!

I <3 Shadowhunters - Cause rune tattoos are SO hot, and Jace would never hurt the Cullens, they're good vampires.
CiaoBella

Post by CiaoBella »

Gahh, I haven't been able to post since Friday, and I feel so behind! I scanned through the pages that I was away for, and I plan on coming up with a more proper and less-hasty post tomorrow, but in case Dazz happens to read this sometime before her surgery... GOOD LUCK! I hope that everything goes really well, and that your recovery will be as quick as possible! We'll all miss you, and we'll be thinking of you!

Hello to everyone else! And like I said, I will post again tomorrow when I'm not half-asleep and have the ability to make my brain function properly :D
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!