Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by wishingiwasbella »

Yeah I really don't view either one of them as 16/17..... I view them both around early 20's and possibly bella the same way. Just the way that they act it's not like they act like they're really in HS or anything. I do however think that sometimes when jake says something it brings me back down to "reality" to remember that he is only 16. :-(.. However I do know that I was kissed like that at 17, so i can understand that. And the fact that he "grew" up so much quicker just makes me really wish that he was real.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Hello fellow GenY-er's! I'm 23 and just picked up the Twilight saga this month (of course, I'm obsessed now)... I don't know anyone else who's read the series, so I'm hoping to chat with some like minded people on here who might share my obsession :D As far as picturing the characters, I sorta just picture them all as my peers. Not only are the characters pretty mature, but most of the actors/actresses are well. I think it's OK to fantasize about Robert Pattinson as Edward as he is 22 ;)
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

CantBreathe wrote:Hello fellow GenY-er's! I'm 23 and just picked up the Twilight saga this month (of course, I'm obsessed now)... I don't know anyone else who's read the series, so I'm hoping to chat with some like minded people on here who might share my obsession :D As far as picturing the characters, I sorta just picture them all as my peers. Not only are the characters pretty mature, but most of the actors/actresses are well. I think it's OK to fantasize about Robert Pattinson as Edward as he is 22 ;)
I think we've all agreed that fantasizing about Edward is okay no matter ... he's over 100. No true pedophilia there. ;)

Welcome! It's always great to meet Twilighters that came into the series recently. I didn't start reading them until this summer, and of course my social and personal life went completely on the backburner. I've spread the love out to my coworkers and my mom (a 61-year-old Twilighter, yay!), and in turn they've spread it out from there. It's either a ripple in a pond or an infectious disease. ;) I've actually met a really good friend through the Lex too. Twilight=love.
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

CantBreathe wrote: I think it's OK to fantasize about Robert Pattinson as Edward as he is 22 ;)
its really really More then OKAY to fantasize about Rob Pattinson.. hes legal and so hot..
welcome to the obsession! im 24 so if you ever wanna chat message me!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

CantBreathe wrote:I think it's OK to fantasize about Robert Pattinson as Edward as he is 22 ;)
Wise words! *laughs*

So what do you folks plan to do for the movie premier? Going to the midnight release?
ashleygill03

Post by ashleygill03 »

I'm 21 too. I don't know anyone else (other than on here) that's read the books... so I have no one to chat with about it. I'm trying to convince the husband and brother to read it though. My mother-in-law is reading twilight as we speak.. so that should be interesting! Feel free to PM!
steph
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by steph »

I will most def. be dragging my husband to the midnight premier! I already forwarned him about that and possibly the release of midnight sun....i go to his movies and he goes to mine lol I dont think he quite understands the obsession but its ok, lol I wish there were some people around my area that were reading it or had read it so i can obsess with them too..atleast i have all of you who understand my addiction and back me 100%! lol
ashleygill03

Post by ashleygill03 »

Oh my husband already knows he's being dragged to the movie premier whether he likes it or not. He knows not to mess with me on this one!
Nessa645
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Nessa645 »

Told my boyfriend the same thing about going. The only thing he asked was that if it had some fight scenes. Told him yes so that's getting him to go. Get guys fight scenes and they will be there in a heart beat.
Anarey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Anarey »

I did the most evil thing a person can do to get my boyfriend to go with me. I showed his 6 yr old daughter a trailer of the movie and made her want to go see a movie where a good (not to mention cute) vampire saves a girl from an accident and then saves her again from the bad guy. I kept the explanation to her in a Disney's princess level and now she not only is annoying her father to death about the movie but wants me to read the novel to her :twisted:
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley