Gex X--the 30 something thread

Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by Kymberli »

ellalou - hope that you feel better soon.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Okay here's one for every body. I know I had "the crush" on him at some point in time maybe when Joanie Love Chachi (sp?) or Charles In Charge but he was totally cute back then.

Scott Baio: http://www.biography.com/biography/imag ... 20x240.jpg

I'm sorry to everyone also, I can't remember how to work the name only link.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

skylarblue wrote:Okay here's one for every body. I know I had "the crush" on him at some point in time maybe when Joanie Love Chachi (sp?) or Charles In Charge but he was totally cute back then.

Scott Baio: http://www.biography.com/biography/imag ... 20x240.jpg

I'm sorry to everyone also, I can't remember how to work the name only link.
[url = http://www.biography.com/biography/imag ... 20x240.jpg]Scott Baio[/url]
Scott Baio

No spaces after = sign. Don't forget that bracket after the url address. I always forgot that one.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Thank you all for the flashback to the Outsiders. I loved that movie so much!!! I remember it being one of the first VHS tapes I watched. I can't remember how we got it. I watched the tape so many times that it broke. My dad fixed it.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Spookybell, the book was great too. I cried during the movie and when I read the book.

When I was in college, me and my sorority sisters all named ourselves after the different Outsider characters. I was Matt Dillon's character, why I got him I don't know. I think at the time, I was the rebel and the one who acted on my own (since it was the first time I was actually away from the parents) and I could do what I wanted without having to answer to anyone.

Loved the Outsiders, one of the al time greatest movies and books (I think it was overlooked becausue it was the beginning of the "brat pack" and our whole generation of actors).
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

don't even get me going about The Outsiders.

My cousin snuck a copy of it to me when i was 11 or 12, i think. My mom caught me with it and took it away. She thought it might be too violent for me. My cousin snuck me another copy. Mom confiscated that one too. Third time's a charm!

I have read that book so many times that I can't pretty much quote it from heart as well as the movie. I memorized the Robert Frost poem and can still recite it from heart:

Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold
Her early leaf's a flower
But only so an hour
Then leaf subsides to leaf
So Eden sank to grief
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay

(i'm sure i screwed something up there)

I started buying Tiger Beat and had the special Outsiders Edition. i had scribblers full of Outsiders stuff. I informed my mother that when i had children they were going to be named after characters from the book. She was far from impressed when she learned that she might one day have grandsons named Ponyboy and Sodapop.
(Maybe it's a blessing that I won't be having kids! ;))

Ah, i could go on all night. Maybe i'll have sweet dreams of C. Thomas Howell and Matt Dillon tonight.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Oleander that's too funny about your struggle to see the Outsiders.

I do have to admit that they did have some strange names. Johnny Boy, Soda Pop, God I can't remember the rest and they were right there.

I think that was the best movie of the time to get all of the hot/popular actors of the time together to make one movie.

Help what were the other names?
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086066/

check the list of names. The most exciting were already mentioned. I loved Ponyboy! I loved that poem Oleander!!!

"...When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie theater..."

I loved the book also.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I guess I was trying to combine Johnny and Ponyboy into one character, where did I get Johnny Boy from? What was I thinking.

Thanks Spooky for the link to the characters name and could you imagine trying to audition for the part of "Cherry" Valance. What a "gutterish" name?

I think all the actors did an awesome job in that movie, thanks for bringing this up because now I have to add it to my all time most wanted list of DVD's.

I'm adding titles daily but over the weekends, I'm starting to dwindle down the list. I feel like I'm doing an Earl (from My Name is Earl, with his to do list), I'm on my way :D , thanks to all the suggestions here.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

skylarblue wrote:I guess I was trying to combine Johnny and Ponyboy into one character, where did I get Johnny Boy from? What was I thinking.
I didn't even notice that you said Johnny Boy and it was wrong. I thought, I loved Johnny Boy! Even after I looked it up, I didn't notice it was wrong. LOL!!