For XY Discussion Only!!

SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by SenorGimp »

I watched the Twilight movie again yesterday, and i have to say that, although I started getting into it at first, i really just can't stand the completely emotionless portrayal of Bella as presented by Kristen Stewart... God, she's just so horrible in that role! I am truly sorry if anyone thought she did a good job, but i honestly think that she (although she maybe looks the part a little) was an awful choice for such an important (at least to me) cinematic representation of such a complex and EMOTIONAL character...
Grrr, that girl makes me mad... I'm hoping she does better in New Moon, I can definitely see her lack of animation fitting the "Zombie-Bella" role in New Moon, so maybe that'll at least be good...
That's all
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

SenorGimp wrote:I watched the Twilight movie again yesterday, and i have to say that, although I started getting into it at first, i really just can't stand the completely emotionless portrayal of Bella as presented by Kristen Stewart... God, she's just so horrible in that role! I am truly sorry if anyone thought she did a good job, but i honestly think that she (although she maybe looks the part a little) was an awful choice for such an important (at least to me) cinematic representation of such a complex and EMOTIONAL character...
Grrr, that girl makes me mad... I'm hoping she does better in New Moon, I can definitely see her lack of animation fitting the "Zombie-Bella" role in New Moon, so maybe that'll at least be good...
That's all
I never thought KS was a good choice for Bella...especially after Twilight (ugh!)...However, to her credit, she did much better in this movie I thought...Still by no means great, but much better than Twilight....Furthermore, I felt this movie was much more up KS's alley because of the whole depression feeling, etc since that seems to be her only emotion in other movies and real life....but it will be interesting to see how she pulls off Eclipse and BD
ImageImageImageImage
Fara
Settled in Forks

Post by Fara »

Kinda suprising, I watched the first movie only recently, and then read the books to see how the story progressed out of curiosity. Rather fond of KS portrayal of Bella. Maybe it's because I saw the movie before reading the book, or maybe it's because she ticks all my she's hot boxes.

At any rate, could you really recommend anyone else?
Curious fascination & Member of the XY Contingent :)
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I dread thinking of Kristen Stewart as portraying beautiful Vampire Bella, with her new acuity of mind...
Bleaghh!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

SenorGimp wrote:I dread thinking of Kristen Stewart as portraying beautiful Vampire Bella, with her new acuity of mind...
Bleaghh!
If it makes you feel any better...

She'll probably blink, fidget, and stutter more. ;)
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Okay, got that out of my system!
You jerk Rings...
lol
:lol:
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

SenorGimp wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Okay, got that out of my system!
You jerk Rings...
lol
:lol:
I love you too, Cody. ;)
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Well, I did love Kristen's performance in Twilight. I know that some will strongly disagree, but she is my ideal Bella and always has been from the announcement 'till now. Kristen is also one of the most genuine actresses out there, judging from her attitude in the most recent interviews. I thought that she was sufficiently expressive in Twilight, particularly when it came to "interrogating" Edward about the mysteries surrounding him. Kristen played Bella well when it came to being a determined girl.

Bella isn't a role that requires Oscar-level acting. Kristen was as genuine as possible.
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Concerning Caius:

My theory is that Caius was an associate of Aro during their early years, so they have known each other for quite some time. Caius, despite being a "civilized" ancient, has a bloodthirst that makes him the ideal "Bad Cop" for the Volturi. Caius seems to be unquestionably loyal to the coven, and I'm positive that he knows about Aro murdering his own sister to ensure that Marcus remained loyal to the cause. Above all, Caius desires control to calm his anger over not possessing any specific power. Anything that compromises his sense of control with the Volturi (Bella, wolves, etc) is a target.

However, Caius does seem to have quite a bit of combat experience. Look at what he did to Irina with the others.

Let's not forget that Caius appears to be rather intelligent, as well. During New Moon, some of his retorts were gold, particularly when Edward accused them of also having humans involved in their operation.
Fara
Settled in Forks

Post by Fara »

ringswraith wrote:
SenorGimp wrote:I dread thinking of Kristen Stewart as portraying beautiful Vampire Bella, with her new acuity of mind...
Bleaghh!
If it makes you feel any better...

She'll probably blink, fidget, and stutter more. ;)
I can imagine she'll fidget and stutter alot .... during her transformation hehe... did you see how she rolloed around like a limp trout in Twilight after James bit her. Good acting dont get me wrong, but i giggled... mmm then again Carlisle dude drug her up :/
Curious fascination & Member of the XY Contingent :)