What are you reading

x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Re: What are you reading

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

OMG this thread is seriously bad for my book addiction I now really want to buy A Great and Terrible Beauty. I've had my eye on it for a while but now with all the great reviews I really want it!

On the reading front I finished the last gossip girl book yesterday and I'm now going to start the gossip girl prequel later today. Has anyone read the gossip girl Carlyles books? Are they as good as the first set?
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

xXBeSafeXx wrote:
Lieziewiezie wrote: I'm pondering what to read next. I have recieved my books from 'Pretty Little Liars' except for book 1. So that sucks.
I have the first one, but can't find any of the rest of them! It was pretty good, though. I liked it, but at times, mostly the end, it felt like they were trying to rip off Gossip Girl. I hate it when I have books I REALLY want to swap with somebody, but they live somewhere across the country. :x We really need to make that Lexicon City thing happen...
Well even I was able to let them ship in to Belgium, so I'm pretty sure you can find them? I have them through a dutch ordering site, so that won't help you. It's only taking ages for them to get here. Have ordered the first one from the Enchanted series aswell, but he ain't here yet either.
Well I only have the first 3 gossip girl books, have the entire season 1 on dvd though. Waiting upatiently for season 2.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

x. Jessica-Louise .x wrote:OMG this thread is seriously bad for my book addiction I now really want to buy A Great and Terrible Beauty. I've had my eye on it for a while but now with all the great reviews I really want it!

On the reading front I finished the last gossip girl book yesterday and I'm now going to start the gossip girl prequel later today. Has anyone read the gossip girl Carlyles books? Are they as good as the first set?
I wanna read A Great and Terrible beauty as well! The Gossip Girls Carlyles books are pretty good there's only two out so far but its looking good and im looking forward to the third (im such a completist i have to have all of them)
At the moment i'm re-reading some of my Tamora Pierce books (cos they're awesome) im gonna start the last book in the Song of the Lioness quartet tonight and i will probably finish it as well so i can start the Immortals quartet :D
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

LadyViolet wrote:Dazzlingdynamite- isn't The Lovely Bones film being directed by Peter Jackson? i remember hearing something about it. i may have to get me hands on the book, it sounds good.

erm well on the reading front i started and finished Unforgettable by Cecily von Ziegesar today and may start the fifth It Girl book later before bed.
I want to buy the book A Great and Terrible Beauty cos it looks like something i would like but i have so many other books i want or need to read first its insane
Yep! With Saoirse Ronan (younger Briony in Atonement), Rachel Weiz, Mark Wahlberg . . . thats the bigger names I could see. I can't wait and I sgtrongly recommend you get your hands on the book! It's truly wonderful.

I'm currently reading Last Chance by Sara Dessen (I needed some nice chic lit inbetween finishing the latest Demonata book by Darren Shan - love it!)
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

LadyViolet: All the books I want to read seem to be part of a series *sighs* which means once I read one I then want to read them all meaning I have even MORE books to read. Like now with the Libba Bray books and the Carlyles GG books. I don't mind though really seems I love to read. It just makes me feel so damn guilty buying more books all the time when I have a ton at home.

dazzlingdynamite: I loved Last chance! Sarah Dessen's books are all really good I highly recommend them. My favourites are This Lullaby, Dreamland and Just Listen...but there all really good!
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I liked This Lullaby and Dreamland but I couldn't get into Just Listen . . . I don't know why because it seemed so good! I might have to try it again!
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

x-Jessica-Louise-x : i have the exact same problem the vast majority of the books in my cupboard are part of series which means i get all angst-riddled when i have to wait for the newest books to come out, i've got a list as long as my arm of books to add to series i own plus whole new series to get hooked on :roll: Waterstones is my best friend and worst enemy at the same time - i can't walk in there without buying something (those darn 3 for 2 offers :lol:)

Im nearly at the end of Lioness Rampant may read something different once ive finished- might go back to Pillars of the earth... *ponders*
I'm staying!!!
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

dazzlingdynamite: You should def try again! I love her books perfect for a nice bit of light easy reading. But good enough to keep you reading as well!

LadyViolet: Haha I agree with the Waterstones thing I'm just the same! I really do need to stop buying books though. I have no where to put them anymore my shelves are full and my desk is stacked high with them if I buy anymore they'll ( Heaven forbid) be on the floor *eek!* :shock:
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

:lol: i actually sorted out my book cupboard before christmas and got rid of some younger books that i didn't read anymore (i haven't got round to taking them to a charity shop yet so they're cluttering the floor under my chair :x) Even with the tidy-out i filled up most of the new space pretty quickly and im gonna be in trouble soon cos i want to buy some more books and i've only got one row of space left *gnaws hand in anxiety* oh the woes of being a book addict :lol:
I'm staying!!!
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

I try to take as many books as I can to charity once I've finished reading them, but I find it so hard to part with them if they were good. I end up having a full on anxiety attack deciding between which ones to give away and which ones to keep. Although I know I have to give at least some away. If I kept every book I read there'd be no room for me in my room! The woes of being a book addict indeed! I love my books! I should really stop clogging up this thread were nearly on 100 posts :roll: