Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by Nena »

I went to a DVD release party and it was awesome! I don't know if you peeps got to see the little video that I made, but I also got a hug from Rachelle Lafevre. We had such a great night! The only regret was not waiting at border's to get my special edition DVD. I got the 2 disc version at walmart for $17. Bah! I really want the other one, but at least my cheap version is signed :)
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

That's awesome, Nena!!

Thanks Misfit, I will be buying my Twilight soon!! :D

Happy Tuesday all!!

ETA: A dreamy gift for you! And a dreamy gift for you!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

That is definitely AWESOME Nena.

I think I could settle for the 2 disc, for now, in exchange for an actors hug.

Okay, so speaking of Actors, for Accio I have a photo op with Kellan. Im having a friend(who is a die hard Emmett fan) in it with me. Any cool ideas on crazy fun pose's? We dont want to go all normal with just smiles standing next to him. We want to do something fun 8-)
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Bear claws or do the South Park spoof of Twilight Butters thing what would be funny! Nena congrats I watched the video and I was so happy for you. You had a great time and I would just keep the cheap version with the autograph unopened and use the Target version for the viewing pleasures.

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Addicted - right now I'm so jealous of you and your friend. I can't be of any help with something fun or out of the ordinary for the photo op. I do agree with Misfit that something doing with a bear would be a really cool idea. I would probably just be staring, drooling and making a complete fool of myself. I'm a big Kellan fan also so I'm just envious right now.

I went out and got the 3 disc version from Target yesterday and I've decided that the 2 disc is going to be my movie that I keep at work or possibly loan out and the other is for me only.

Nena - that's awesome that you met Rachelle, I know someone else who met her at a premiere party (it must have been the same one) and they said that she was really sweet and stayed longer than she had to just to make sure everyone got autographs. I would definitely save that copy as a collectable and purchase the other disc for viewing.

Una - way to go on the PSD's for today. You never disappoint!
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Nena: That video is priceless. I can't believe you went to the wrong Walmart, but still got there in time! What a great LEX mod you are!! Thanks for sharing that.

I've been avoiding the TW DVD discussion because *ducking head* I'm not going to buy it. I love the books and the movie was fun, but I just don't watch movies enought to buy them anymore. Heck, I rented a movie on my iPod 30 days ago that I "really wanted to see" and I never watched it. Now it's gone. Oh well. I know that TW is available on Demand, and I'm trying to convince my GF to watch it with me (she refuses to read the books, however). I do really want to see the extras and deleted scenes... maybe I'll find a TW/LEX fan close enough to loan it to me!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Nena: I love your midnight release party video. I agree with Misfit that you should keep the signed copy unopened, and buy the 3 disk one for your viewing pleasure.

I showed the movie today for my Children's Lit class. One student sighed heavily when she discovered what we'd be watching. She remarked that she'd told her family "there's no way I'm watching Twilight." HahaHA! Not only is she watching it, she will also be writing a small essay on it. *rubs hands together and laughs ebilly*

In my Freshman Comp 2 class my male students were giving me a hard time about Twilight (it's all in fun. They love me). One of my female students (she's in her 30's) exclaims "OMG! Have you seen the movie??!?!" I laughed and pulled it out of my purse. I asked her if she'd read the books - and she looked at me blankly then replied "It's a book, too?" Where do these people come from? I took her straight to SM's website and showed her all the books. She went straight to Wal-Mart after class to purchase the books.

I had another doozy paper today. One of my college students was writing a definition essay on "love." She writes that she's 3 months pregnant - unplanned - and this has taught her about the dangers of love. She went on to say that she & her boyfriend of 1.5 years do not say "I love you" to each other because...
they aren't sure if they are ready for a commitment, and besides "it would be awkward to be around someone you can't say 'I love you' to anymore."

I wanted to say "Not ready for a commitment, and you're pregnant?" Instead I bit my tongue.

Wednesday is another check-up day with my doctor. Woo hoo. Not. Cross your fingers for me.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

*shakes head* I can't believe your students sometimes, SuperTwin! I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

I am hoping to go by and pick up hubby's b-day gift tonight after work (he wants the movie Hot Fuzz) and I will pick up my blue-ray of Twilight. :D Misfit the blue-ray Twilight will work in a PS3, right? I noticed for Hot Fuzz the hd disk they have is not compatible for a PS3. I thought I would ask just in case!

It's spring and I'm already thinking about a beach trip. I just love the scenery, the different activities, and I love having all the fresh fruit to snack on while I lounge on the beach. Ah...the beach!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I love Hot Fuzz. Simon Pegg is hilarious. I haven't seen Run, Fatboy, Run yet. I watched Simon's co-star, Thandie Newton, on The Graham Norton Show last week. She described all the ebil practical jokes she did on him during the filming of Run. She said he never commented once on her hi-jinks. It was his way of getting back at her - his lack of reaction. LOL

I bit another student and a co-worker. Woo hoo! :twisted:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

Hey Una yes it plays in the PS3 we have one up stairs and downstairs don't ask why we have two PS3's its a long boring story about mistakes and oops. One thing to note Una make sure you have your PS3 setup to use the Internet...WHY? Well that's because Twilight has BD/Live feature and oh guess what is coming soon to the BD/Live well that would be the first place they are releasing the New Moon Trailer. ;-)

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*