Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by fanMNM »

Thank you for all the welcomes :)

I spent my weekend...
Saturday-avoidig parade traffic (I live in a small town and it's rodeo weekend here and it's a huge deal...lol)
Sunday-took my 19 month old and my 3 year old to the rodeo (only lasted about an hour before they were bored to death...lol) so the rest of the day I reread Sense and Sensibility...

Still jealous of the snow!! It's about 80 degrees here!! Nice change from the usual 95 degrees though...

Goodnight Elizabeth...Singing in the Rain is my all time favorite movie!!

Bewitched...how exciting for your son :) I'm still really far off from first dates...I don't know if I should look forward to the excitement of it or dread it completly!! :|

Thank you Naureen!!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Fan: You need to check out the Classics thread. It's on this forum. I just listed some of my favorite actors and actresses from a time long past. Singin in the Rain is awesome. The "Good Morning" scene is super! It's so upbeat and hyper.

There's another movie Gene Kelly is in that I love. It's starring Shirley MacClaine as a young woman who marries all these men who strike it rich, become obsessed, work too hard, and then die leaving her a widow. Gene Kelly plays one of her husbands. The men are a virtual who's who among handsome manly actors in the 60's.

Fan: I'd gladly send you some of this cold air. :D
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

GRRRR... hit the wrong button and lost my post. Anyway.....

I forgot to send out my welcome....Welcome FanMNM. I always forget something.

GNE: I have been reading the DH thread but I don't always post. Totally OT: Did you call your Dr. just a friendly reminder although I'm sure you've gotten plenty already. :D

Una, great multitasking. I'm horrible at this but I'll give it a try. PSD1 chocolate cake - yummy; Ok I'll get serious now. PSD2 Acheron; and PSD3 Valerius.

Bac, wonderful inspiration.

Whoops, customers, back to work.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Fan: You need to check out the Classics thread. It's on this forum. I just listed some of my favorite actors and actresses from a time long past. Singin in the Rain is awesome. The "Good Morning" scene is super! It's so upbeat and hyper.

There's another movie Gene Kelly is in that I love. It's starring Shirley MacClaine as a young woman who marries all these men who strike it rich, become obsessed, work too hard, and then die leaving her a widow. Gene Kelly plays one of her husbands. The men are a virtual who's who among handsome manly actors in the 60's.

Fan: I'd gladly send you some of this cold air. :D

I'll have to check that out! (Both the thread and the movie..lol!)

And I'll gladly accept the cold air, too :) Living your whole life in a tropical climate gives one an unusal appreciation for really chilly weather! lol

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Una: Thank you for those lovely PSD - I especially loved #2... I don't know if he was Ash to me Bewitched, but seeing him TOTALLY made me think Dark Hunter (but with nice short hair). I just started imagining this unknown male as the lead in a DH fantasy.... :twisted:

So, Una, I have to say, I'm not sad your library books are in transit - you must wait for me! :twisted:

This past weekend: I spent all of Sunday in bed with the stomach flu. :cry: Saturday was spent at an all day planning retreat at church. Then I did have fun on Saturday and had quality adult time with friends (while kids were at grandparents!)
Last edited by twilightmom on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Sadly, Tom Cruise ruined Lestat for me. I actually like Louie better even int he book. Brad Pitt made a better vampire than Tom. Oh Tom Cruise is just icky. I have always found him icky, long before jumping on Oprah's sofa and publicly commenting about Brooke Shields.

Leelan! Good for you writing away. How much have you written?

Nice PSD2 UNA! I am not a big fan of them boys whith their pants hanging down like they have a dirty diaper on. Something about that picture you posted is just not the same as those droopy boys. That's a HAWT picture!
Hahahah Twilightmom loved it too! I hope you are feeling better!

Hi FanMNM!!! Welcome :)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Welcome, Fan! Hope you enjoy the Gutter as much as we do. Please join our discussion on the DH books! Thanks to GNE, we all are addicted.

Una- I know how you feel! Alexion and Stryker are the only books that my library doesn't have. I have to squeeze some time between catching up here, fb, and school work to make time to get my DH fix. Great job on the PSDs! Not sure who I would label them as though.

Twiligtmom- I hope you feel better. Having the stomach flu completely sucks.

Spooky- Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise didn't do anything for me, but I absolutely loved Interview. At the time I was deathly afraid of vamps (Shocked? I know!) and couldn't sleep for a good week when I read the book. I dunno...everything was so vivid for me. I just imagined I was right there with Louie throughout the entire book.

N'mama- Glad LG's recovery is coming along.

QOTD: I spent this weekend out of town, visitng my sister. I've now spent two hours catching up with my guttermates. Sorry if I left anything out!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Ha! I loved Tom Cruise's portrayal of Lestat. I thought he had it pretty good...for Interview. I liked Stuart Townsend, but I hated the fact how he looked nothing NOTHING like Lestat. One of the important factors in an on-screen character portrayal (one would think) is to have the actor look like the character. Everyone would have thrown a hissy if Edward had jet black hair, tanned skin, and fangs. My point is that Lestat is blond, blue eyed, and so very pale. Townsend's Lestat looked like the Crow. Not Townsend's fault. BOOOO on the make-up person.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Weekend? I spent it in a daze. I cleaned which is my least favorite job of all times, and I still have more to do before my Dad and Stepmom arrive. I also started Kingdom Hearts from the beginning. This will be my second play around, but I found out that if you finish all the tasks you get a different ending. I really don't need to get so involved because last year I spent 53 hours from start to finish. OHH my book arrived I ordered The Host, so I'm going to spend some of tomorrow reading it likely all if it's as good as Twilight series was but I'm looking forward to that.

Welcome FanMNM

We are due to get some snow here anywhere from 3 to 5 inches but I will believe it when I see it. I honestly hope that does happen I don't have anywhere to go tomorrow and it would give me an extra day to get into The host or anything else for that matter.

I'm also writing a fanfic or trying to but I thought up a different one and I really want to work on that one instead of the current one so finishing said fic is getting difficult. That's pretty much it. Sorry this is so long but good question to ask about the weekend.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Ha! Townsend's Lestat looked like the Crow.
Bwahhhahahahahahah

ellalou73, it wasn't that long. Trust me!

Ah, the gutter is quiet tonight. It's a good thing for me :) I have too much to do and not nearly enough time!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!