Dating Thread

samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Dating Thread

Post by samajama »

Val: Oh, your first kiss was with the gay guy? That's pretty ironic, lol.

Landiana: Oh, that really sucks about D. I hope you can tell him eventually. I'm sure he was jsut flirting with that girl to get his confidence up. I hope all goes well for you. :)

Holden: If you don't think it's a good idea, then why are you considering it? I mean, I know that you still love her, and I get that (haha, you know my story), but we don't want you gett hurt. I'm glad you're being careful, though, but like everyone's been saying, you may want to reconsider. Good luck, hun.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Holden...if you're unsure, or you don't trust Eva, that is NORMAL. She was horrible to you, and she never treated you the way you deserve. You're not doing yourself any favors by doing what you're doing, if you ask me. Don't trust people until they give you a reason to trust them. And Eva has given you about a million reasons NOT to trust her. Anyway. That is all I will say. Love you :]

Val: Haha. Awww. My older sister had a HUGE crush on a guy, and then she found out that he was gay. He actually confided in her. :roll: Then they became BFFs. Lol. I imagine that must've been a bummer for you. Why do cute guys have to make our lives complicated by being gay? :[ And YES. You are right about the age thing! Guys my age are so...so young. I don't mean to sound high and mighty when I say that, but there are a lot of guys who just don't get anything yet. It's like finding buried treasure when a girl comes across a guy who can actually carry on a conversation and who has some maturity. :roll:

Landiana...I wouldn't say anything yet. That's my strong advice. Don't say anything. First of all, he may react positively! But you won't know for sure if he's rebounding or not. Some people are really good about not rebounding, especially if the breakup was mutual. BUT, since he's so torn up, it definitely would confuse him. Give him just a little bit of time to figure things out. Who knows if he would even react rationally? He may be aversed to the idea of going out with anyone, because he'd be trying not to rebound. Or he may rebound really badly. Who knows? But I think you should give it a little more time and THEN make your move. I'm sorry that he was flirting with that girl. That sucks, and I definitely know how hard it is to watch something like that and keep yourself from throwing a fit. :P

Gran! Ugh. I'm sorry that your last relationship ended so badly. :[ (What happend, exactly? If you don't mind me asking...). Stuff like that can really leave scars. My last (and first hehe) relationship ended awfully. It was like...a bad movie breakup. XD BUT, what gives me hope is knowing that not all guys are the same. Your relationship with one person will be nothing like your relationship with another person. So sometimes you just have to take a chance. :] It's scary, though. Haha. Really scary.

Ok, me:
Eli texted me at 7:30 this morning to say that he's sorry he couldn't talk to me last night and he's sorry if he woke me up with the text. :] I'm glad he texted me, because we've been talking on AIM every night since Sunday except for last night, and he didn't get on at all last night. I didn't want to text him last night, because we're not dating or anything yet, and I didn't want to be obnoxious. But two years ago when his feelings changed for me, he stopped getting online to talk. So I was like GAH DEJA VU! Haha. But it's all good. :]
Noah comes home tomorrow. :| I'm going to my brother's college to go rock climbing tomorrow (Sarah and a bunch of our mutual friends go to that college and will be going rock climbing too), so hopefully I won't run into Noah when he's visiting Sarah. =O
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
samajama

Post by samajama »

Marie: YAY! Eli txted you ;) I'm sure his feeling will be the same by the end of the month. I'm sorry that Noah's coming home; I hope you don't run into him. That would suck. Why are you hanging out with Sarah? :?
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

Marie-
I don't think that he's going to give you up so easily this time- or at all.

And i really am not going to pay attention to whatever anyone says about me ignoring Lu and stuff like that becuase all inall he's still a really good friend of mine. I can't just stop being his friend because he doesn't want to be anything more. it makes no sense. So today we took it all like a normal day again. I didnt see hima nd that Chelsea girl talking (thank god!) and we hung out during studyhall and our other classes again. I so much prefer when we are okay with each other. I even toldhim it wasnt a good idea to have some 20ppl party for people to see his new dog and he goes "thats why im not inviting twenty peple" so he's doing a small gathering and guess what? Im invited. I cant just hate him after all this time.

Someone here (sorry i can't remember who you are) said that i like bad boys. I think i really do. not too bad though. Nothing about drugs or violence and all that stuff- bad as in just really sexual horny guys like Josh or the Dante from Sex and the City. Today in studyhall i was talking to Josh again and i wanted to play with his iTouch so i reach for it but apparently it looked like i was going for something else so he's like "Whoa, did you see that? She wants it! Bad!" to his friend inbetween us... sad thing is that some part of me does want him bad. Even when Lu told him about some girl that our other friend was asking to the dance he goes Ïs she hot? Does she have boobs? Does she have an @$$?" for three girls. Seriously. Why am i attracted to him? especially with him always talking about how he hates his girlfriend becuase she's so annoying.
Last edited by Conzoni al vento on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kkswmmr114
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kkswmmr114 »

So I have been thinking alot about me and GC lately (still have not had a chance to talk yet, I am ENTIRELY too busy!!) and I think that I was being irrational before. I am very stressed out right now with school and my not being able to tell someone "no" when I have too much going on (Read the Vent thread for that story...) and I have been emotional lately as well with graduating in May and freaking out about the future. I know he loves me. I know he does because everytime he looks at me, talks with me, or hugs me I can feel his love. When I get stressed I put my emotions on the back burner and I tend to start to question things, but when it comes down to it, I really love him too. I may not have been feeling it alot lately but now that things are calming down I am feeling more "normal" and when he hugged me today I melted into his arms and I felt completely at home. I don't feel the need to break-up anymore, but I do still feel that we need to talk about the future as things are going to change fast here in about 7 months. I also know that I don't have to worry about him not having any dreams because I know he has one: to be with me for the rest of his life. He will do whatever I ask him to and if I chose to follow my dreams, I know he will be right there with me.

So I have decided I have no more need for this thread, and I thank everyone for their support over the last week!! I have some final advice for everyone here who is having a tough time figuring out the dating thing: Follow your heart and don't leave room for regrets. If I hadn't followed my heart and went out on a limb I wouldn't have gotten together with GC and I would not now be with the perfect for me. I was very open about my feelings for guys in high school and because of that I dated every kind of guy there is and learned what I really wanted. So for all of you who are afraid to get out there and get your heart broken, I say go for it and get out there because you should be doing what YOU want to do and if you do get your heart broken (It has happened to me many many times) think of it as a learning experience, because trust me, once you find that one person who you are perfect for- none of that other stuff will matter!! Finally, never live to regret. GC had a crush on me for two years in high school and over the summer after we graduated he regretted not telling me because he thought he would never see me again and he had lost his chance. But then we did meet up the following fall by chance and this time he did not want to regret not telling me- two weeks later we were dating.

Sorry this was such a novel!! And for those of you still reading, I hope you take my advice to heart and JUST HAVE FUN!! When you get old like me you won't have time for that.... :lol:

Proud Randomnesser since Numero 3!! :)
E<3B
Private Jezebell Blacke of Jasper's Confederate Army
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

samajama wrote:Marie: YAY! Eli txted you ;) I'm sure his feeling will be the same by the end of the month. I'm sorry that Noah's coming home; I hope you don't run into him. That would suck. Why are you hanging out with Sarah? :?
Well, my brother is going rockclimbing with 4 of our mutual friends (all of whom go to his college, and two of the girls are my good friends). But Sarah is a part of their 6 person "clique" (if you will), so she MAY be there. The good thing about my two good girlfriends is that they can't stand Sarah. :D And of them complains about having to see her everyday. :lol: (They ALL went to high school together). So yeah, I will avoid Noah if I can. Sarah and I are...cordial. To eachother's face, at least. ;]
I know, right? Eli and I text a lot, but I don't like to be the initiator too often. So he usually texts me the most random things ^_^ We had a picture text battle recently where we sent eachother pics of our nastiest injuries. Lol. It was weird. :D

Thanks kkswmmmr!! That was good advice and I'm so happy that you're happy!!!
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
samajama

Post by samajama »

StupidxLamb wrote:Well, my brother is going rockclimbing with 4 of our mutual friends (all of whom go to his college, and two of the girls are my good friends). But Sarah is a part of their 6 person "clique" (if you will), so she MAY be there. The good thing about my two good girlfriends is that they can't stand Sarah. :D And of them complains about having to see her everyday. :lol: (They ALL went to high school together). So yeah, I will avoid Noah if I can. Sarah and I are...cordial. To eachother's face, at least. ;]
Haha, that's good. Amanda and I are nice to each other. I hate that she's nice :lol: OH!! And the last time she was here hanging out with us, she hugged me goodbye!!! :lol: I was like... er, thanks. :?
tiffi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by tiffi »

not much to update cept ya kno how i love gay guys? well my boyfriend may just BE ONE! lol not rele but....
1) i always talk about project runway so he watched it and LOVED it lol umm.....
2) his fb status went from "in relationship with tiffi" to "engaged to tj" WHAT???? lol jk jk he explained that one to me. its to freak out tj's gf. lol w/e

everythings going good....cept KENLY'S STILL ALIVE but thats beside the point 0:)
~TIFFITIFFITIFFITIFFI~ :mrgreen:

ill tell ya what was missing from Breaking Dawn! a full paragraph... page... CHAPTER of edward cullen naked!!!

splenda is splendid........:D
holdencaulfield
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by holdencaulfield »

tiffi: I'm glad to hear that things are going well.

kkswmmr114: Oh, thanks for the story. That's a very cute story. And I'm glad that things have turned around and that they are going well for you. I really am. I'm happy for you.

Conzoni al vento: Well I'm glad that things are going better with Lu. I don't really understand why you like some of the guys that you life, but I can't really argue lol. I just hope that things go well.

StupidxLamb: Aww, thanks. You are right, I will not trust her. I'm going to see what's going on, but honestly I don't think that I will be in a relationship with her for awhile, if at all. I think that I might go on a few dates with her first, to see how everything goes. And if she asks why I don't want to be her boyfriend I will tell her plain and simple because I'm not ready. I hope that things go well with Eli, and I'm glad that he texted you.

samajama: I'm considering it because I feel like it's not going to work, but part of me just wants to give it a shot and see what happens. Like if I knew that there was a 10% chance that things would work out, I would want to try and I guess that's what I'm trying to do right now. I am still considering it, and I'm not sure yet what I will do. I think that I will go on a few dates with her and see what happens. Thank you so much though.
x_mystical_dreams
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by x_mystical_dreams »

Holden: thanks, I know i hate people who don't take the hint either. Tbh I gave him way more than just a hint, I told him quite bluntly I didn't want anything more than friendship...
I don't really know what to say about your situation with Elke, I was kind of hoping you'd stick to the conclusion you came to the other day. But if you think you two can make a relationship work and it's what you want then I hope things go well for you.

Wildroses: I know right haha I confronted him about the whole 'anniversary' thing and apparently it's exactly a year since we first met :lol: kind of sweet in a way that he remembers that but also very strange, I mean who remembers stuff like that? I don't even remember where I first met him let alone when :\ I was just thankful he doesn't think we're dating :D
Your tristan issues don't sound like much fun either :( I hope things get better soon, I don't really have any suggestions on the whole getting over him thing though other than going out and finding a new hunky male to take your mind off him... i wish i had one of those too...

Layla_Hale: haha bob the builder :lol: he is a bit slow. well very slow. I have talked to him though, i took your advice and said it very slowly and repeated the 'just friends' bit about 5 times. I hope hes finally got the hint !

Granuaile: Haha you talked to him about the Ukraine? :lol: Sorry your last relationship didn't end so great, but that doesn't mean you have to swear off all guys does it? If you really like this guy then maybe if you feel ready you should give him a chance, he might not turn out to be a huge jerk like your ex.. :)

Landiana: It's a shame you didn't get to tell him how you feel :( but I think maybe you would be best waiting now to tell him how you feel, you said yourself he was deliberately talking to a girl he knows is easy and the last thing you want is to be his rebound. Maybe waiting a few weeks till he's had time to think about his ex and begin to move on before you tell him how you feel might be best for the both of you :D

My sort of update
Well in maths today I told my friend about the mouth-like guy asking me out and later on in the lesson she stole my phone and started texting him (I didn't know what she was doing at the time). She told him that in the format of a big formal letter that I couldn't be with him because I was a nun :? So I ended up texting him again later apologizing and explaining in a nicer way that i didnt see him like that. I was so annoyed with her earlier but i guess she did me a favor by forcing me to do it :)
maybe someday I'll come around and tell you
all the things that I never said
with the courage that I never found

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile