What are you reading?

Noxmas Frost
Settled in Forks

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Noxmas Frost »

I've always been hesitent about reading books based off television shows... not much is need to go into them, and sometimes they just end up as cash crops.

I've been rereading To Kill a Mockingbird again, for the tenth time, I think. I just love the story, and law and order has always fascinated me. Theres been many a time I've picked up the book just to read the trial scenes.
Plan to try and finish the Amber Spyglass afterwords.
Sanity is for the weak
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Noxmas Frost wrote:I've always been hesitent about reading books based off television shows... not much is need to go into them, and sometimes they just end up as cash crops.
It's the only one I have that's Bones related but I have quite a few based of CSI which I like some of them are definitely better than others. However, I don't see myself buying anymore Bones related books just because well, I guess I don't. Most of my reading material is not based on tv shows. In fact my favorite book it The Great Gatsby
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I am almost completely through the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It's really good, but trying to get through 20 stories has been time consuming. I have the first book in the Moganville Vampires series to start as soon as I am finished (I only have four books to go!).
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

I just finished reading Night Keepers by Jessica Andersen (as recommended by JR Ward, author of Black Dagger Brotherhood). I think it might be on the the list for the WARDen's book club. It was pretty good. It's about the Mayans and the impending prophecy of 2012.
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

I just started reading lover eternal the second BDB book love it so far!

^^^ love the banner!
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

x. Jessica-Louise .x wrote:I just started reading lover eternal the second BDB book love it so far!
Rhage! I love Rhage :D

So, I'm still on The Host. I haven't been able to read much, with school and all that, but I really like it so far.
ragdoll
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ragdoll »

I'm rereading Persuasion at the moment. It's my favourite Austen book and I think I like Captain Wentworth more than Mr. Darcy (only a teeny bit though!)
Congratulations to the Irish rugby team!!!!! Grand Slam at last!!!

Team Seth: 'Cos he's the bestest! :D

My quotes forum: http://quotations.forumotion.com/forum.htm
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I'm currently reading The Brothers which is in a series called The Great and Terrible by Chris Stewart. Amazing. It's about the war in heaven in the pre-existance. It's written from an LDS perspective, but I imagine that anyone that is Christian would love and appreciate it.

It has some really dark elements in it, so beware. The author personifies Satan more and you get a mere glimpse at how evil and powerful he really is -- kind of freaks me out, but at the same time I can appreciate the difference between good vs. evil.

I highly recommend it.
I love those books!!! Sadly, I've only read the 1st and 3d, but they are really good!

And right now, I'm reading The Farthest Shore, by Ursula K Le Guine.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I've been rereading Ellen Hopkins. My two favorites are Burned and Identical. Burned[i/] is about a Mormon girl who has a crisis of faith, visits her aunt in Nevada, learns what love is, and what she would do if it were ever taken away.Identical is about twins from a political family with entire graveyards in their closets.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
jazzlover
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jazzlover »

I'm currently reading Big Sur by Jack Kerouac. I highly recommend it.
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."