The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by Variety »

Thanks, everyone. I'm having a relaxing day. Nena, thanks for the banner. It fits me perfect - I don't know how you do it.

I gotta say, the gutter has been moving so fast, lately, it's hard to keep up, even when I check in daily. I am LOVING the new banners, Ren, Ouisa, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

My prayers are going out to everyone affected by the flooding, hurricanes, and yesterday's train crash. I hope everyone I know is still doing well. SSVD, glad you're okay, and not too upset about the house. BTW, I love your new license plate. I think that should be my new motto. I find it hard to choose sometimes. (Okay, a lot of times- like when I finally chose Butch.)

What has Twilight given me? How about a life. I was in a deep rut before Twilight. But, it got my attention like nothing ever had before. Now, I read more, I play with my kids more, I have adults to talk to again (online and in person), and I feel like I'm participating in life more. And like the rest of you have said, I have found you, my friends, my peeps! It has been a life-changing experience. I look forward to meeting new people, making new friends, and getting to know "old" friends better. Lastly, who can forget HWS!
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
Leah_CJI
Settled in Forks

Post by Leah_CJI »

Stopping to say:

I'm not dead, I promise. I am however all wet from the rain. We finally have internet, though I probably won't be back regularly for another week.

once again. Not dead.

LOVE TO ALL!
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Katwomankath »

Happy Birthday Variety

Leah_CJI I'm definitely glad you are not dead!

What has Twilight given me? The first and foremost thing it has given me is the love of reading again. I was an avid reader before my daughter was born and after I didn't pick up a book until my sister forced Twilight on me. Now I can't get enough books. Second it has given me a few really special people in my life. People who have changed my life and given me an understanding of true friendship. Next, it has given me experience with people, human nature, and an understanding that life is in constant change. Finally, it has given me a chance to explore, step out of my comfort zone and step out of a somewhat solitary lifestyle I had been living. Twilight has been a beginning to many things for me and an end to a few others.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
Hera
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hera »

Happy Birthday Variety!!

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

I'll have to answer the current question on the board after the football game is over. I can't focus on both things at once.

Go Broncos!
booklover08
Settled in Forks

Post by booklover08 »

My thoughts on what the series has given me - aside from appreciating being able to leave my actual life and live in Forks for days at a time while I am reading.... what I have enjoyed is one of the reasons that I am in this particular thread....my husband who has still not read any of the books, (I am still working on him) keeps wondering what kind of soft p**n I am reading, but not complaining, since my interest in baking seems to increase as I read through the books!! ;)
I have not really had a lot of reading time in the last few years (kids in high school, etc,) but one of my friends at work was reading and about 4-5 of the 20-30 somethings were reading them a while ago...... and once you start you get hooked....
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Thanks for the well-wishes for those of us hit by Ike. I live in East Texas, and Ike hit us around 2 yesterday; we lost power at 3:30, and it was restored today around noon. We didn't get a lot of rain, just massive winds... lots of trees down around town. I took myself out to my porch yesterday where there was still daylight, and started in on "The Host" as I watched the trees sway! I've had it for over a month now, and have tried to start it twice, but couldn't get into it. I've trudged past the beginning, and things are starting to get interesting! :) I missed my guttery friends yesterday, too!

Booklover08, my hubby wonders the same thing! I tell him that it's nice to be able to escape to a world and leave real-life problems behind, if just for a little while. SM's writing just makes me feel like I'm right there feeling everything Bella is going through. Guys don't really understand it, I guess; they aren't very emotional creatures. Twilight enrichment: yeah, the series has definitely brought out some, uh, :oops: potent baking urges...*gulp*... he appreciates that!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

BlueStarlight, it's good to hear you didn't suffer any severe damage in the area and most importantly, that you're safe.

Twilight has given me a new outlook on life. I was going through a tough time before I found the series, and I was able to regroup and regain focus. I have rediscovered my love for reading, and have met people who share my love for Twilight. Mostly, I have an appreciation for becoming more in tune with my senses, especially with sight and smell. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying being outdoors now!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
dizzypsy
Settled in Forks

Post by dizzypsy »

blue - Yes i have a new drinK!!!!!!

SO Now that Edward can be no longer the 100 year old Virgin Old Fashioned - He is NOW.......

Edwards Pale Ale - This sparkly glass is filled to the RIM - Slurp it up fast because round two will have you Screaming!!

As always Ladies...cherries, whipped cream, towels, and polish is where it should be....as for me IM still behind the bar...HUmmmmmm...what happened to my blender???? More to come!

Everythings in the cooler!
~Diz
The guttertender :twisted:
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Hey everyone! I wanted to post sooner but I had to finish a work project. I got it done, which I'm eternally grateful for as it has been the bane of my existence for the last 3-4 months!

Anyway, I just wanted to respond to the question about what Twilight has done for me. I have received so much because I decided to pick up Twilight and read it. After I read Twilight, I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I did something I've never done before. I joined an online forum. ;)

I'm so glad I joined the Lex, and later the Dex, a little over a year ago because I have such wonderful friends! This last year has been extremely rough and I wouldn't have been able to survive it without my dear friends in the SLTA, Ouisa, or the other fabulous ladies from the Gutter and the Dex! You all have become such a part of my life that I can't remember what it was like without you, even though it hasn't been that long ago in the grand scheme of things. Thank you all so much for your friendship!!!

The other thing Twilight has done for me is instill a desire to read more than I have ever had in my life. My parents used to tease me that I was adopted because everyone in my family loved to read, except me. I could never get into it.

In school, I always just read the questions at the end of read comprehension stories and searched for the answers. I never read the whole thing. In high school, I used cliff notes to pass my quizzes or I just got bad grades in my reading classes. I HATED TO READ!

It took me six years after Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was published to read the Harry Potter series. In fact, it wasn't until I saw the movie that I decided to pick up the book. I loved the story and so I read all four books that were out at the time and anticipated the new ones. However, I still didn't enjoy reading anything else, except a little mystery here and there. I maybe read 3 or 4 books a year, if that, unless it was a Harry Potter release year because I always reread all the books to prepare for the new one. Since I read Twilight in June 2007, I've read over 40 books! That is huge for me!

So, thanks to Twilight, or Stephenie Meyer (as I should give credit where credit is due), I have a new love for reading and a bunch of wonderful new friends!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:How has reading the Twilight universe (including the Lexicon) enriched your life?
I think that to properly measure time, there's BT (before Twilight) and AT (after Twilight). It's funny because it all sort of happened at the same time that i was going through a really big change in my life...i found out I have ADHD and i discover Twilight. I devoured the books twice the first week and all but stopped watching television. Not to mention that i've started writing again after avoiding it for several years. Stephenie's story has been truly inspiring.

The biggest plus for me though, are the friends i've made on the Lex in this short time, and all the innuendoes i've picked up. The laughter in the morning before i start work has also been a boost...it's hard to have a bad day after spewing (insert name of food/liquid here) on my flat screen while my co-workers fear for my sanity.

For all its enrichments, though, it's also made me feel a little lonely because I have no Edward in my life, and after reading about such an intense love it's hard to reconcile being alone some days. Oleander needs to bake too! ;)