The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: The Gutter Gals & Co. --Innuendo thread for the "older" fan

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Wow, Nima! Those are some great pics. Looks like my neighborhood. I took a few pics. I took a picture of our utility pole broken in two pieces and lying in the middle of the road. I also took a pic of my neighbor's huge tree split down the middle like a banana. I said the same thing about Missouri getting a Hurricane. Next thing on the menu: locusts.

ETA: Did everyone catch SM on Ellen's show today? I was upset and teary-eyed. Ellen gave each audience member the complete Twilight series. I wanted to sob. I was really excited about the show. The first few minutes Ellen told vampire jokes. :twisted:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I didn't get to see Ellen today but I look it up on YouTube & I thought it was a good interview, even though it was very short.

I liked how the whole audience got the books but I wonder how many are going to actually read them and who in the audience has read them more than once.

I'm glad that our friends have survived Ike and are getting their lives somewhat back to normal. I know when we got hit here in MD by a hurricance (can't remember the name) we were without power for almost 2-3 days depending where you were. I remember being really mad because I had just gone out and bought food and by the time the power came back on, it was all spoiled.

So, Thank God Everyone Is Doing Well.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

skylarblue wrote: Why as women we put ourselves out there for one guy and deep down we know he's nothing but trouble and will bring nothing but heartache but we constantly go back?

Are we total masochist (sp?).
I can only speak for myself, but I couldn't fanthom that the person I fell in love with was no longer the person I was currently with. My one and only boyfriend Brian put me through the ringer- I put up with all forms of abuse, to an extent. I just couldn't let go. I thought that he was going through a difficult time and that things would 'sort themselves out'. I for one would not want to be left in my darkest of times, and so I stayed. I did not want to change him, because I thought that meant I didn't love who I was currently with, but I did hope for circumstances to change. Needless to say, things did not change but even after finding out through my loving sister and MYSpace (of all places! Soap Operas couldn't come up with stuff this good) that Brian was seeing someone else and he gave me this b.s. about him not being able to 'have time for anyone' since he was stationed in Staten Island and I was still in Florida, I still cried for him. But I only cried for the person I initially fell in love with, not the one he had become. I guess I was optimistic before I found out about his betrayal. I was hopeful that we could work things out, that everything would eventually fall into place. With time and love, anything could be overcome. I was wrong, and I was also the only person willing to make things work- it takes two to make a relationship work.

Thank you to all of you who have shared your stories of love and loss. Skylarblue, Tamalyn and others with such sad stories only give me hope for a better, happier, future. when I feel down, I'll look at your experiences and know I can continue because things do get better- they can only get better.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

You guys have me weeping one minute and laughing about the BYU/Utah rivalry the next. Then I am back to weeping. Then I see great pics from Misfit, then horrible pics from Nissanmama (glad you are all ok). Then I look at GNE's avi and I crack up laughing at that silly cat face. It is just ridiculous. I am on an emotional roller coaster with all of you.

You all have such depth of experience and also such joy to bring to others' lives. Thank you again.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

Hi friends! I’m so grateful to those of you who’ve shared your stories of heartbreak, & advice on how to deal with breakups – it makes me feel better knowing that I’m not the only one who’s past love life has been a bit ‘dark and twisty’(to quote Meredith Grey). Thanks for your thoughts. How I love you guys. I wish I could give you all hugs, and especially those of you who have battled or are battling heartbreak.

My heart and prayers are with those of you who have been affected by Hurricane Ike! I’m glad you are ok. How scary.
Goodnight Elizabeth
… There is someone out there for you. I don't believe there is just one person for each of us. I think love is infinite. I've been in love more than once. Real honest to goodness love. Even though he is no longer in my life and I'm now married to someone who I love to the depth of my soul, I will never ever stop loving Scott.
Amen to that. I agree wholeheartedly. That assurance makes being single so much easier and – dare I say it – FUN!
Oleander
so much heartache in the gutter right now, but i know that personally i wouldn't trade mine in for anything. it has helped me become who I am now, regardless of pulling a Britney and cutting my hair or spending years in therapy.

thanks to everyone who has shared their heartbreak with the rest of us. it has helped put things into perspective for me, as i'm sure it has for others.
Yay for therapy. I’m telling you, the world would be a much happier place if everyone went to therapy. And I too, wouldn’t trade my heartache for anything. My grief, and the darkness that accompanied it shaped who I am, and I can truly say that I can’t think of anything that could have to ability to break me again, like that did.
Skylar Blue
Why as women we put ourselves out there for one guy and deep down we know he's nothing but trouble and will bring nothing but heartache but we constantly go back?
Because love- even sick, messed up love- is addicting. It’s what the human soul was made to do, and so we cling to love –even cheap imitations of love that cause us more hurt than good.

A GREAT book about this topic, and about why we should expect more out of relationships, is “He’s just not that into you.” By Greg Behrendt. It changed my dating LIFE! I highly, highly recommend all women (married or not) read it. It helped me let go of a lot of baggage, and it’s freaking hilarious. One of my favourite quotes of all time is from it –

“You already have one donkeybutt Edited. ~Nena. You don’t need another.”
(in reference to dating jerky guys)

-EDIT- Whoops, sorry about my potty language! I now know one more word I should not say on the boards...thanks Nena, for cleaning me up.
Last edited by Tamalyn on Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Tamalyn wrote:
A GREAT book about this topic, and about why we should expect more out of relationships, is “He’s just not that into you.” By Greg Behrendt. It changed my dating LIFE! I highly, highly recommend all women (married or not) read it. It helped me let go of a lot of baggage, and it’s freaking hilarious. One of my favourite quotes of all time is from it –

“You already have one donkeybutt Edited ~Nena. You don’t need another.”
I've heard of this book! It became a big thing once Oprah featured it- way back when, and this topic was also referenced in an episode of Sex and the City. I know it's painfully obvious, and I wonder how much advice or insight the book may offer. I think I'm going to check it out.
A book I found insightful on men and their workings is the ever popular Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus. I read some 'duh' moments, but I learned a little too.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Tamalyn wrote: “You already have one donkeybutt. Edited. ~Nena You don’t need another.”
Oh My God, that just make me spit out my drink. Totally True.

Thanks for the humor, I'm glad that I'm not the only woman out in the universe that has suffered heartbreak and can come through it some knowledge, alot of self respect and a little bit of humor.

I'm not going to be defeated by some man but I will learn and realize what I'm worth and who is worthy of me.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

oleander wrote: Pathetic, eh? My story isn't devastating, it's just pathetic.
Not as pathetic as mine, trust me. Pining and seeing a future with a guy, whomever I never even had, for about 4 yrs. I had friends tell me to forget about it and said it had no chance, but there was always a small part of me that just hoped that something will come out of it. That I just needed to be patient. But nope. In the end, I wasted 4 yrs. That is what still kills me even more than not getting him. Of course, there were signs that it was not a good route to continue. Bad things started to happen whenever I thought about him- I did poorly in class, got into a fight with someone, etc. It didn't click until later why that seemed to be a coincidence. :?

N'mama- Glad you all are safe. Ike was scary. Glad FS finally asked someone out
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

God ! Men can't live with them, can't live without them and if we shoot them, we go to jail :mrgreen: .

What to do, What to do.
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Ouisa wrote:
Nena wrote:
Variety wrote: Yay - Sprtygal found me this new avi!
Ah... no. Mrs Variety... Look at my avi -------------------------->>>>>>
The Cullen's are Ute fans!
Of course they are, Edward and Bella eat Cougars for breakfast!

:lol: good one Ouisa ! :lol: Why didn't I think of that? *goes back to photoshop to think of new Utah utes avis/banners, etc*

This is the holy war people! :twisted:

Edit: I just went up the page and edited a few posts. Our filter has been letting a few words go through and I thought I would just go ahead and ruin the fun. Nah, kidding. But yeah, that should be a case of "Vulgar language is ugly"