Black Dagger Brotherhood

Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by Elizabeth »

I finally finished reading the series and I bought the Guide too, but have yet to start. I had the hardest time finding Rhage's book, and I insisted on reading the series in order so I was a little delayed, grr.

Ok, is the Rhage/Mary baby issue discussed in the Insider's Guide? I never thought that children would be such an urgency for the couple.

And I agree that Phury's book was chaotic, but so was Phury's life at the time. I really hated seeing Phury's struggle with drugs, what is red smoke equivalent too? I thought it had some of the basic properties of cannibus, but much stronger and addictive.

I think V and Jane got cheated. I don't like the fact that Jane had to come back as a ghost. Couldn't the Directix just have been sacrificed for attempting to kill V- you know, the balance- so Jane could've come back in corporal form? I really hope Ward finds a way to fix that. Anyone realize how both human shellan can't procreate?

Out of the Brothers, I liked V the most in the beginning- smart, handsome and a Red Sox fan?! But the smoking was a minus and after learning about his penthouse?! um ok. But they're all so different, I can't say I have a favorite brother.

I like hearing about Qhuinn, Blay and John. When is someone going to put the pieces together and figure out John is Darius? I've been thinking Z will figure it out, but so much is going on, hopefully Ward will reveal it. Anyone else feel bad for Blay? Sucks to be in love with your friend. I think there's something hot about Qhuinn's style- maybe it's a little me? But, his man-ho'ing (can I say that?) is a turnoff. But I'd like to find myself a 'John' without the A&F wardrobe, I prefered his white shirt, jeans and Nike's better.

Rhev scares me but also intrigues me. Learning about the piercing or whatever it was on him freaked me out. Are all sympath males born with one, or is it done afterward? I thought Rhev was very kind to Marissa, and a gentleman. He's a sharp dresser with an apprecation for the finer things in life and all about appearance, but the mohawk throws me for a loop. It's as though his external appearance is as much a contrast as his sympath and vampire natures.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Elizabeth: You pretty much touched on all the points we've had issues with BDB.

Re: Mary and Rhage- I think it's the fact that Bella having a baby may be what's triggering the urge for Mary, but you have to remember, Mary is very nuturing and it goes with her personality. Yes, the issue is touched upon in the Insider's Guide. We were just wondering how it would happen.

Re:V- Yeah, he's got a rough childhood, which translated over to his adulthood. He's actually my second favorite Bro. I can relate to his "outer-shell" and taking the time to open up to people. I do the very same thing. About the penthouse...each to their own I guess. :mrgreen: Yes, I don't think any of us were very happy with Jane as the ghost. I remember very clearily that I wanted to throw V's book across the room while I was reading. I really do think he got shafted in his book and it's going to get worse when he learns about Payne. I do find it interesting that we, as readers can love V, but not Ward.

Re: Jm as Darius- I think they will find out soon; maybe in Rev's book. I have a feeling that Wrath and Tohr may have a clue, but they are totally distracted by what's currently going on.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Ok, let me as a "so what" question here...

We love Darius for loving his daughter, trying to take care of Wrath, giving up his voice so he could come back and fight and be with the people he loved. So, so what. Of what significance will it be when everyone finds out? Yes, we get a a teary reunion with Beth and the guys get their buddy back, but then what? Will he be some kind of special weapon against Lash? (Oh! Did you see today's PSD on the gutter? It's a pretty good Lash.) Do you think there's another prophecy we don't know about? Will he have to be re-inducted into the brotherhood or will he get a little astrik by his name on the carved wall in the tomb? Will he be the new handguns instructor? So give me your wildest theories...so what???
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Nima fabulous question! (and thank you for the pm!).

I'm not sure. However, they treat him currently as Darrius' son. I think it will really weird them out but it will be meaningless if JM doesn't get his Darrius memories back. Unless it goes to fulfill a prophecy or provide a way for other warriors to return from the Fade, I'm not sure what impact it will have. Maybe that is the point of all of this, JM is his own person and will never remember his previous life. Unless it will come to haunt/obstruct him in his perusal of Xhex and his becoming a brother. What if Darrius has a similar prejudice against sympaths. As JM, I doubt Xhex being part sympath will bother him, but would it bother Darrius?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

cullengirl wrote:
Re:V- Yeah, he's got a rough childhood, which translated over to his adulthood. He's actually my second favorite Bro. I can relate to his "outer-shell" and taking the time to open up to people. I do the very same thing. About the penthouse...each to their own I guess. :mrgreen: Yes, I don't think any of us were very happy with Jane as the ghost. I remember very clearily that I wanted to throw V's book across the room while I was reading. I really do think he got shafted in his book and it's going to get worse when he learns about Payne. I do find it interesting that we, as readers can love V, but not Ward.
V's penthouse didn't shock me, as you mentioned- he had a rough start in life. We all have our demons, and as a reader, I found myself looking at my insecurities. If V did exist, he'd be out of my league- I think I came to the conclusion with the penthouse :(
Team Edward:
Because...
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Sadly, I believe that all the brothers are out of my league. :cry:

However, I am always willing to be a charity case... :twisted:

GNE have you finished the Insider's Guide? Any comments to add or questions or insights??
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

So, so what. Of what significance will it be when everyone finds out?

I think that is a good question....I keep wondering when it is all going to come out. Maybe he is a weapon against Lash. (I hated Lash from the get go... :evil:) Maybe on some deeper level Lash knows that JM is going to bring him down that is why he has been as a** to him all along. You know that when it gets down to it is going to be Lash and JM going at it.

All the brothers have a unique "style" when it comes to there "baking" I figured one of them would end into the S&M. I was glad to see the V was able to trust Jane enough to let her take control of him.

Jane coming back as a ghost...sucks....I don't understand why the SV couldn't get Jane's body back. The SV created the vamps...why can't she keep creating? I think that Payne is going to be a very interesting story line. Can you imagine the look on V's face :oops:
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Poor V. I think learning about the identity of his mother was bad enough, now he'll have to learn about Payne and her absence. I hope the news doesn't hinder him a lot, he's still dealing with the SV issue. Is Payne supposed to end up with Manuelo? And anyone have any takes on what may happen with Blay? Even if the JM/Darius identity is discovered, I think it will only bring relief to the Brotherhood- I don't see anything catastrophic occurring, but Ward has pulled some interesting stuff, so I can't put it past her to put a spin on things.
Team Edward:
Because...
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

She's held JM's identity back for six books. It's too big of a bomb not to do something with it. I think V will go ballistic when he finds out about Payne. What did you think of Ward's response to the ghost issue in the Insider's Guide? I'm glad she did address it...that she knew we were ticked. I have to say, however, that her observation is correct, it's helped in subesquent books that we get to see her interacting "normally" with V and others in the household. Do you think it's intentional that the mortal shellans (Mary and Jane) can't have children wheres the vamps (Bella, Marissa, Cormina) can?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una

Post by una »

Nima I do find it interesting but it always seems to revolve around balance. I see it as this way, children provide a way for a human to be immortal. You are remembered (at least think of it from the Vamps perspective - how they trace lineages...) through your children and their children and so on. So if a human gave up her rights to that immortality, she is granted herself immortality. That is the balance. So in this instance I can see why it isn't a stretch or breaking of the rules for Rhage and Mary to have kids. Especially since they will not be from Mary's DNA or anything. It wasn't the question of her having kids, but in the immortality of her "blood", DNA, etc.