Black Dagger Brotherhood

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

What date is the compendium due out?

I've read Phury's book twice. I really liked it. When I re-read the others and then re-read Phury, I didn't feel that he was cheated of a book as much as I originally felt. Every warrior shared his book with Butch and at least one or two others. Phury was certainly no expecption. I think the book matched his character. He is a martyr. He sacrifices himself a lot.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

It is due out October 7th. I wonder who might get early release copies? I am so eager to get my hands on a map of the house. I know it is silly, but I'm such a visual person, I can't wait to see how it compares to the plans I have in my head. Also, I wonder how much background we'll get.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

The way I picture the mansion in my head...I don't think is architechurally possible. I have windows on certain sides of rooms that don't match with the description of the hallway of statues in the book. Then there's all the plumbing that goes with the full size jacuzzi tubs in every bedroom. We've never been in Wrath and Beth's room since they moved from Darius' place. Each room has it's own thermostat and yet the place is heated by ancient coal burning heaters? Lots of fantasy there...I'm not sure that even Ward's map and reality will mesh. I do like my mental picture of the front foyer/hall. In my mind it's a lot like an opera house or something I saw in a movie long ago and it's very colorful. Especially the ceiling. Maybe it was on A&E's America's Castles.

Cormina's pool
The indoor pool (There has to be one, right?)
Wrath's Study There's actually a little antique writing desk just outside the scope of the picture that Wratch could put his feet up on during a meeting.
Hall of Statues (Ok, this needs statues and windows and blue carpet, but the scale is right.) Was the blue carpet just my imagination or was it mentioned in Phury's book?
Last edited by nissanmama on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

This is not a "double post", the software will only let me post five url's at a time. So here are some ideas on the foyer:

Foyer #1 (The view is wrong, but the opulence is on target.)
Foyer #2 (This one is more gaudy than pretty, but it does have a lot of color)
Flyer #3 (This one is getting closer because of the balconies)
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Beautiful pictures Nima. One of my favorite places to be is Hearst Castle. If you haven't been there (anyone) and you are in California - make the trip. You stand there and you know why Hearst built there. It is so peaceful, it's like (at least for me) my soul gets filled. The place is absolutely stunning - I've been on all the tours and they are fantastic. My hero/mentor is Julia Morgan...she was one of the first notable female architects and the girl had spunk. She designed Hearst Castle...I just love "walking in her shoes" when I'm there.

I'm sure I cannot find pictures and if I wasn't struggling between two jobs, I'd take the time to scan and post some sketches. Course, the book is out in six days...hey! Has anyone tried to get an early copy yet?
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

una wrote:I'm sure I cannot find pictures and if I wasn't struggling between two jobs, I'd take the time to scan and post some sketches. Course, the book is out in six days...hey! Has anyone tried to get an early copy yet?
I'll have to look and see if it's a "soft release" up here. However, my friend has been pestering me to read the Lords of the Underworld novella and first two books so she has someone to talk to about them (if Sppon is reading this, my friend says to tell you hello and thanks for the recommendations as she's loving Lords, Guardians and the Mayans).
Side note: sorry I haven't been on IM lately - I've been busy but lately I have bad timing and have finally managed to log on this week but when I arrive, everyone's absent. I promise I'm not avoiding you wonderful people!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Awesome pics, N'mama! The Wrath's study pic is very close as to how I imagined it in my head.

Wow, it comes out Oct. 7th?! I keep confusing that with Niko's book in December. Are there any sneak peeks on Ward's site? I haven't been to her site for a while.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una

Post by una »

I've looked but, there is only the teaser about Bella and Z when he is shot. It's not much. We only have five days to go...I thought I might stop by B&N on Friday (wow...that's tomorrow) and see if I can sneak out with one. :twisted:

Hey...I may be a DGG but I'm not a thief! I'll be paying for it!
Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's Grandma »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:

I've read Phury's book twice. I really liked it. When I re-read the others and then re-read Phury, I didn't feel that he was cheated of a book as much as I originally felt.
I just had a similar epiphany while posting on another site. As much as I liked Phury's book, it just didn't click for me. Something was off. I especially didn't enjoy the angsty, almost, interupted sex scenes. It was frustrating. My epiphany came when I realized that I felt the same way when reading Butch's book and that I didn't like that book until I had reread it.

I think Phury's book deserves a reread. Thanks Goodnight Elizabeth!
Isabella Cullen
Settled in Forks
Location: Stumbling, lost and alone...waiting for him to find me

Post by Isabella Cullen »

Alice's Grandma wrote:I just had a similar epiphany while posting on another site. As much as I liked Phury's book, it just didn't click for me. Something was off. I especially didn't enjoy the angsty, almost, interupted sex scenes. It was frustrating. My epiphany came when I realized that I felt the same way when reading Butch's book and that I didn't like that book until I had reread it.

I think Phury's book deserves a reread. Thanks Goodnight Elizabeth!
Yeah, I absolutely hated Phury's book the first time around. It took me nearly a WEEK to finish it! :evil: But by the time I picked it up again my anger had cooled out enough for me to really give it another shot.
And yeah, like New Moon, it was a HE** of a lot better the second time around. ;)

SO!
HOW STOKED are you all for next TUESDAY?!?! :D :D :D
That "Bella girl" no one remembers...