Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by obieewok »

What up my peeps? It's freaking Friday, so that means I'm a happy camper....if I camped.

Nothing real new here....I saw Julie and Julia and wasn't into it. If you have a vajajay, I'm sure you would be, but I'm not a huge chick flicker, so it was lost on me, although I'm obsessed now with trying to make that beef stew-thingy that Julia Child is all famous for. Tonight is date night, aka hubs chooses movie night, therefore we are going to see Inglorious Basterds, which weirdly enough, is probably more up my alley.

I'm all excited that Misty made me art. I feel all grown up---I BOUGHT ART! I'll take a pic and post it up on facebook for everyone as soon as I hang it on her wall. It's a mermaid for Lulu, and it's a Lulu mermaid, which appears to be sitting under the sea on a treasure chest full of twilighty goodness! If you guys want to be cool like me and get art, hit up Misty---she's cheap and easy lol---plus she can do custom creations for you.

Fanfic:
A Mumur in the Vein of Fire---Jasperella fic---so go read.
The Caged Bird---Just got REAL Hawt. Deliquent Eddie, catholic schoolgirl Bells. It's cute but HAWT.
If Love Could Light a Candle---Jumps between Eddie back in the day of being a bad vamp to present day with bells.
Prey---Trippy little diddy and it stars Jerkward/Badward/Hawtward vampward.
Peeling an Onion---Eddie has a secret and Bella can't remember him. It's good!

I'm rocking my Jasper jersey today at work. Let's see who starts crap with me. Oh, by the by, next weekend I'm covering ZestFest 2009 in Fort Worth Texas! ZestFest=all foods with hot sauce. Spicy cuisine. Lots of hot wings, chili and more lol. I'm bringing tums! I LOVE hot food, so this should rock. I really need to get more into curry---I haven't tried near enough.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend (and for those of who can---enjoy the three day weekend and sleeping in on Monday:). Janny---so happy you are getting some decent programming up there lol!

Everyone try and avoid the rain (it's gloomy here) and have fun!

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
therealmrswhitlock

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Hey lexlings!

Just wanted to pop in and share my Friday good news. It's official:

THE JOB SEARCH IS OVER!!!!!

I am so happy I could just scream! No more begging for moneys from my little brother! And I'll be able to pay my car payment and insurance again! And buy stuff at the store just cuz I have the extra moneys!!!! Me is a happy happy girl!!! Yay me!

That is all. :mrgreen:
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

therealmrswhitlock wrote:Hey lexlings!

Just wanted to pop in and share my Friday good news. It's official:

THE JOB SEARCH IS OVER!!!!!

I am so happy I could just scream! No more begging for moneys from my little brother! And I'll be able to pay my car payment and insurance again! And buy stuff at the store just cuz I have the extra moneys!!!! Me is a happy happy girl!!! Yay me!

That is all. :mrgreen:

That's awesome dude. Now you can afford more Twilight gear:) And no pole dancing!!!!!!!!! Unless you want to!!!!!!!!!!!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Happy weekend people

I've been a bit down lately, and I blame a lot of it at work. That female-dog makes my days miserable just by coming to work. She stresses me out even when I try to not get affected. But now it's only 3 weeks left :mrgreen:

Misty
Sorry you have to place your dream on hold a little. I wish there was something I could do to sooth it.

True Blood
Like I said before, the TV-series don't really appeal to me, and the guys don't look good. (Exception: Sam. Why do I keep going for the guys with a connection to dogs?) but my friend E is head-over-heels addicted...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@wingtear, i think the guys in true blood arent attrtictive either. But if that would make me stop looking, i could never watch any tvseries again. I mean, i love Monk, and im sooooo not attracted to that guy, LOL.
I have a weird taste in men and most of the time those arent chosen for tv series. So i stick to my anita blake novels...*grin*

So today my parentsinlaw are married for 35 yrs! we are going to give them a weekend away to dusseldorf(germany) when the christmassmarket is there. It ought to be something special.

And tomorrow theres a sort of yardsale in the neighbourhood. We are going to seel stuff aswell. Hopefully itll create some space in my closets and make me some money aswell :)

hope everyone has a great weekend :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Knock Knock? :D

Hello guys!!!

I miss everybody sooo much.

The deal with True Blood. It has too much sex! :lol: Never thought I could say that, but sometimes I catch myself closing my eyes or pushing forward on the sex scenes. It won't stop me from watching it, cos the story is very very good. :mrgreen:

The vamps in it are a bit off... There is something wrong, and I can't quite put my finger in what it is. Bill is bland, and Eric is shallow as a character could possibly be! Tho I think he is the only one salvageable in the whole show and they better come up with more brooding and deeper layers or he'll be with the rest. Godric on the other hand was.... (fanning with my hands :oops:) there are no words of how hot and interesting and promising that character would have been. But his presence was like a breath of fresh air, flitting. :roll:

@Jasmine - Haha Sookie's teeth gap bothers me too, and what bothers me the most is that it is so easy to fix that!
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Paula's here!! Paula's here!! yippee!!!

That is all, go back to your normal business ;) :D hehe
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Forgive the double post, can't help it!

Saw this today in the kiddie section of the library:
http://www.vampirates.co.uk/

just cracked me up, had to share! :mrgreen: :lol:
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

lol...vampirates???? really????

Ok kiddies. Happy Tuesday and for those of us held down by "da man", welcome back to work. Ugh.

Not much to inform you of. The boss's wife just discovered Twilight, and therefore the bossman is now suffering from Twilight Neglect. She won't cook, talk or do anything that doesn't involve Cullens. He states she's on Breaking Dawn, and she's crying, so I'm guessing she's going to be done soon. He HATES all things Twilight now, but he says she's making him read it, and now he's making me give him the rundown, or cliffnotes, on Twilight, so that way when she interrogates him, he'll seem well versed. I am debating on telling him that it's a story about a girl who falls in love with a guy named Mike Newton. That just seems so wrong lol. Am I really evil enough to tell him that while she loves Mike Newton, she also has a guy on the side named Embry? Yes, yes I am. But he's the boss, and if I'm on the clock getting paid to converse about Twilight, well, I'm going to do just that.

Fanfic:

Ok---If you haven't read The Blessing and The Curse, Jesus Mary and Joseph for all that is holy, please go find it NOW. Lemony goodness abounds at this last chapter posted, and it's one of the HAWTEST THINGS I've read in a while, because I'm a huge fan of DARKWARD. And this darkward tale is WICKED. He's a dominating prick and he uses the "You are MINE" card a ton. Just go---now---go read it.

Gravity by Nightshade 713----Bella doesn't just take Eddie back---Oh no----she's got a spine. Thata girl! She's gone over to the Wolfy side for a bit, and poor Eddie is trying to win her back.

Medication---Jasper is in this, but it's an Eddie/Bells story. Darksper though. Really good.

Please for the love of all that is holy, tell me you have or are reading Clipped Wings and Inked Armor, The Caged Bird (ridiculously hilariously hawt---it's adorable and funny and makes you want to dry hump things), or Hydraulic Level 5. These are seriously awesome fics that anyone can enjoy. I'm reading Prey yet again because I just can't figure it out still. I've reread it once before and I'm still lost.

I'm about to start Emancipation Proclamation, so I'll let you know if that or Edward Wallbanger (another one I need to start) are worth your time. I hear good things, but I see lots of crap on FF.net that get a thousand reviews or more and it turns out to be crap in my opinion.

Dudes---totally fell in love with Inglorious Basterds. Saw it on Friday night and I will gladly take back everything I've ever said about Brad Pitt (because I never have understood his hype) if he continues on this path. He MADE that movie, and he was barely in it! The coolest thing about the new Quentin flick is that most of the actors are not known in the US----most of the movie is subtitled and these actors, man, they know French and German and most can move seamlessly between the two. It's amazing. Even if you don't care for the subject matter at hand, this movie is worth seeing.

Ok...I'm done being Roeper. Or Ebert. Or whatever.

I believe that new Vampire Diaries show is debuting Thursday. I am going to DVR it--at best---it's a new addiction, at worse it's a trainwreck to laugh and point at.

I hear the bossman back there laughing and muttering "sparkles", so I'm a gonna go check that out.

Obs:)

obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Peoples---seriously---you are killing me smalls. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!! Is it because it's 9/9/09 or something? Has everyone fallen into a black hole?

Twilight questions for today:

Bella faints at the sight of blood. What is ONE thing that invokes that reaction from you or makes you squeamish?

Obie: I have no problem with the sight of blood, just the actual viewing of a needle going in. I can't handle watching my friends get pierced or drawing blood---only the aftermath.

You are the bad guy. You have to fight one Cullen family member in order to maintain your life status. Who do you choose and why? Keep in mind that you've pissed them off somehow, so none of them, Eddie included, feel nice towards you.

Emmett. He's the most easily distractable, and in my opinion, the one who would be the most emotional about killing a chick. Something about him just strikes me as gentlemanly. Weird.

You have to make out with one Cullen chick for seven minutes in Heaven (dudes---tell me you've played that game!) If you are a chick, which chick and if you are a dude, which dude?

Obie: Well, since I'm a chick, I'd choose Esme. In my opinion, movie Esme is way hotter than Rosalie or Alice. Plus, Alice is my friend and it'd be too weird lol. Esme, well, she older and more experienced. LMAO---I crack my own self up.

Bonus for the dog lovers:

One of the wolf pack has phased and you are holding their clothes. When they phase back, one article will be missing (thanks to you). What member of the pack and what article will it be?

Paul---what can I say? I love me some hot headed wolf boy, and I'd get rid of the shorts. Um, research on mutated genes and all.

Alright...see---I brought some discussion to Twilight Lex about Twilight for once. So come out come out wherever you are!

Obs